Post: [Rumor] Xbox One has been officially hacked with full keys!
04-19-2014, 11:09 PM #1
Mr Ruffers
Treasure hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hackers are claming that they’ve found an exploit on the Xbox One that will allow homebrew on the console. A chat log that comes from the EFnet lobby #xbonehack has hackers claiming victory in their quest to jailbreak the Xbox One.

“Let’s just say it’s already done,” according to one poster in the chatroom. Claiming that he’s got “great news for Xbox One hacking.”

“We will see examples within the following months… right now is the discovery phase, development must be done,” reads the log which can be found on Paste Bin. “Think of the most radical situation that could have possibly happened. The thing that would most hurt the security. That’s what happened.”

The post alludes that the keys needed to sign files for the Xbox One have been discovered, and that to stop the exploit, Microsoft would need to roll out new hardware to combat it.

“Xbox One full homebrew will likely be a reality in a short time,” the conversation concludes.

While the post offered very little proof when it comes to the bold claims that were made, there’s no doubt a large community of modders and hackers that are looking for a homebrew solution on the Xbox One. If true, homebrew won’t be the only thing we’ll be seeing on the Xbox One in the near future. The ability to run unsigned code on the console would likely lead to piracy on the Xbox One.

Piracy is a problem that Microsoft has been combating on their consoles for years. Modified disc drives on the Xbox 360 allowed players to play pirated games on the console, which Microsoft fought through numerous updates and storage changes. Console mods like JTAG wrought havoc in multiplayer games, like Call of Duty, which allowed cheaters to host modified lobbies and other unsanctioned activities on Xbox Live.You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by Mr Ruffers ; 04-20-2014 at 12:10 AM.
04-19-2014, 11:50 PM #2
Mr Ruffers
Treasure hunter
PS3 is still one of the most secure platforms. I've been curious to know how easy PS4 will be able to jail break being that the architecture is PC style (I just always assumed PS3 was partially so secure because of the cell processor and bitch to code for).

But I figured xbox would be hacked first :-)

Mainly because they were so rampant on 360
04-19-2014, 11:59 PM #3
Devastation
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by mr
PS3 is still one of the most secure platforms. I've been curious to know how easy PS4 will be able to jail break being that the architecture is PC style (I just always assumed PS3 was partially so secure because of the cell processor and bitch to code for).

But I figured xbox would be hacked first :-)

Mainly because they were so rampant on 360

PS3 most secure... i can get in a hacked lobby in less than 2m haha. xbox 360 is still relatively easy but takes more time.
04-20-2014, 12:42 AM #4
I think what he is trying to say is that if you were to buy a PS3 from a store, brand new, than it is much harder to jailbreak/jtag than a 360, there is relatively the same number of hackers on each console, the difference being the availability to hack it in the first place. The Xbox 360 is more difficult to jtag, yes, but in order to jailbreak the PS3 you must find one on 3.55 or lower OFW, meaning it couldn't have gone online since the end of 2010, or you can go through the process of installing an E3 Flasher to the PS3's hardrive and risk ruining the system all together via bricking it. Regardless, that is last gen and it would be extremely embarrassing to Microsoft if this is true, considering the consoles have been out for such a short period of time. Not to mention the backlash they will receive from game developers as there games begin to be modded due to this lack of security. I honestly don't care too much as I own a PS4, but this should be a huge concern for those that do own the XB1.

The following 2 users say thank you to iPwNoobz- for this useful post:

LightModz, Mythusala
04-27-2014, 03:42 PM #5
RAB
Splicer
Originally posted by iPwNoobz
I think what he is trying to say is that if you were to buy a PS3 from a store, brand new, than it is much harder to jailbreak/jtag than a 360, there is relatively the same number of hackers on each console, the difference being the availability to hack it in the first place. The Xbox 360 is more difficult to jtag, yes, but in order to jailbreak the PS3 you must find one on 3.55 or lower OFW, meaning it couldn't have gone online since the end of 2010, or you can go through the process of installing an E3 Flasher to the PS3's hardrive and risk ruining the system all together via bricking it. Regardless, that is last gen and it would be extremely embarrassing to Microsoft if this is true, considering the consoles have been out for such a short period of time. Not to mention the backlash they will receive from game developers as there games begin to be modded due to this lack of security. I honestly don't care too much as I own a PS4, but this should be a huge concern for those that do own the XB1.

Tbh look at the state psn's trophy system is in its obvious ps3 is easier to hack as for microsoft they actually ban you pretty fast for any sort of mod.

Edit: and you can easily get a cfw ps3 from ebay try typing in jtag xbox 360 then you'll see. Rant over lol
Last edited by RAB ; 04-27-2014 at 03:44 PM.
04-30-2014, 12:19 AM #6
ps3 was easy to hack till they updated the algorithm in 3.56 and its one of the hardest to crack . therefore the ps3 is almost impossible to exploit now. yes there is cfw 3.56+ but it can only be installed over exsisting cfw or 3.55
04-30-2014, 01:10 PM #7
LightModz
League Champion
Originally posted by Devastation View Post
PS3 most secure... i can get in a hacked lobby in less than 2m haha. xbox 360 is still relatively easy but takes more time.

what i think he ment was that anyone can do a mod disk drive on any update.. where as ps3 you need to be on a specific update....

The following 2 users say thank you to LightModz for this useful post:

Mr Ruffers, Mythusala

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo