Post: Hacker Leaks Xbox One SDK that could let Developers make Homebrew Apps
01-22-2015, 10:33 PM #1
NGU GHOST
The One And Only
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); On Christmas, the massive Distributed Denial of Service (****) attack from the notorious hacking group Lizard Squad knocked Sony’s PlayStation Network and Microsoft’s Xbox Live offline, but as if it wasn't the end of disaster for Microsoft.

This time it isn't a case of services being taken down — instead, the software development kit (SDK) for the Xbox Live is being freely circulated over the Internet. Another group calling itself H4LT has apparently managed to leak the Microsoft’s official Xbox One developer SDK, potentially opening the door for homemade applications and allowing unapproved developers to create unofficial software for the system.
The group announced the Xbox One leak via its official Twitter account, and also provided some screenshots of the November’s release of the Durango XDK (Xbox Development Kit) files, including the accompanying development tools, device firmware and its documentation.

H4LT group states noble reasons for posting the SDK — in order to allow greater "creativity and research... towards homebrew applications" on the console.
The group offered the following explanation when interviewed by TechGame via a direct message, that exactly why they decided to leak the XDK:
"We leaked it to the community because if something is shared then.. progress is achieved faster than alone. Something kept between us will not achieve anything. Share it with the community = creativity and research. Shared is how it should be. The SDK will basically allow the community to reverse and open doors towards homebrew applications being present on the Xbox One."
01-22-2015, 11:47 PM #2
xNIGHTMAREM0DZx
NextGenUpdate Elite
wow interesting can you post the source to there twitter or the files ?
01-25-2015, 02:07 AM #3
So I don't get it, right now what could it actually do to your console?
01-25-2015, 02:14 AM #4
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by jackjanson View Post
So I don't get it, right now what could it actually do to your console?

Nothing. Having the SDK doesn't do much for anyone other then how to program for it. In order to load homebrew or any kind an exploit would have to be found.

The following 2 users say thank you to Oneup for this useful post:

Jettt, SysLogs
01-25-2015, 04:20 AM #5
Oh okay, so there isn't much point in getting it then lol
02-27-2015, 12:39 AM #6
Originally posted by jackjanson View Post
Oh okay, so there isn't much point in getting it then lol

Not until someone finds an exploit to allow the actual programs to run.

I believe it took a while for the first exploit on 360 so I'm not holding my breath, Microsoft have probably learnt from their previous mistakes.
Last edited by SysLogs ; 02-27-2015 at 12:47 AM.

The following user thanked SysLogs for this useful post:

JB
02-27-2015, 12:48 AM #7
Originally posted by SysLogs View Post
Not until someone finds an exploit to allow the actual programs to run.

I believe it took around 3 years to find one for the 360, don't quote me though.

I was reading up on the internet, in a chat room a hacker was saying he has already figured how to run home brew on the console and to expect alot coming for xbone modding in the next few months

The following user thanked _jackjanson for this useful post:

Darth Saul
02-27-2015, 05:53 PM #8
Ic3Cr34m
Little One
Lol. It's funny how I have to pay 280$ for a Jailbroken PS3 and now I have to get a job and prepare to buy a modded Xbox One.
03-07-2015, 01:24 PM #9
Cee-Caw
Error… Cat invasion!
I cant wait :-) :-)
03-08-2015, 03:30 PM #10
xNIGHTMAREM0DZx
NextGenUpdate Elite
shit is old nothing is gonna come from this

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo