12-05-2015, 06:40 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I just wanted to know some good open world games or some coming out.
12-06-2015, 09:51 PM #2
Ethen
Banned
Originally posted by TheObesityLag View Post
I just wanted to know some good open world games or some coming out.

Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain

It's amazing
12-07-2015, 12:05 AM #3
ahmedegg
Save Point
minecraft
i dont know if (borderlands) count as open world :P

and crackdown 3 coming out in 2016 , the developers said everything as breakable in the game even the buildings
12-24-2015, 08:47 PM #4
minecraft is the best imo
12-28-2015, 02:55 PM #5
PlainOldMe-101
Bounty hunter
I somehow think there's little motivation to 'port it', not that it really needs to be ported, but Star Made would be a natural choice to pair up with Minecraft as being open world CK's/games on the NG consoles.

Unlike the older kit, there's no need to strip Minecraft and SM to 'dumb it down' to fit the resources of the NG consoles (being mid'ish level PC-spec beasts under the hood).

I mean, if you can 'port' EliteHappyangerous to the XB1 (as happened), there's no reason why it can't be so for the PS4 (assuming it's not already been done), and if you can get that beast of a title running on an NG console, then stuff like MC and SM aren't a challenge, just a matter of motivation and interest in doing so (we already have one, why not it's sci-fi equiv?). If anything, it's often (with indie game producers) a case of they either are interested and can pay the cost of gaining a developer license to use the SDK's or not in the current NG arena. Clearly, in the past-gen, it was more complex having to ground up produce a new version of the underpinning 'engine' and scale the game to fit console limitations and the cost of SDK licensing that dictated when or if indie PC titles appeared on consoles or not.

And with all that said, i've oversimplified the nature and reasons for the problems and considerations considerably.

But in essence, with the NG devices, it's a tug of war between motivation and interest that's got more to do with it, since there seems to be a more indie-attractive tone to the availability of licensing in the NG console arena. There is still costs, and for some (in terms of SDK licensing and per-unit licensing) it's a cost too much if they are already recovering the cost of a PS developer's license from the past-gen efforts or aren't really getting their costs offset by existing sales/donations towards the existing versions.
12-29-2015, 06:27 AM #6
Ark, seems like it is going to be an amazing game
01-11-2016, 09:01 AM #7
Jeffie
Gym leader
ESO is awesome
02-17-2016, 01:14 PM #8
The Division
02-17-2016, 05:09 PM #9
JoshxG
Banned
jaws first 2