02-11-2011, 09:37 PM #1
alz-yer-pal
Gym leader
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); im having problems with my pc hard drive its only a 40gb hdd but iv not got any films music pictures nothing on it and only a few programmes but i only have 1 gb free space and sometimes when i check it goes upto 5gb surely i should have more ? can anyone help with this plz? getting very annoying
02-11-2011, 10:23 PM #11
alz-yer-pal
Gym leader
Originally posted by Stxyzth View Post
Wow :O I really haven't heard of anything like this lol :(.

What operating system are you on?

Also a little more information about your pc would help mate.

lol its an acer aspire on vista iv had it about 2 years im really not good with pc's its not top of the range high spec stuff i hardly use it all last week it had over 5gb free space but the other day i noticed its went right down again iv looked at programmes in the uninstall bit and its all microsoft and acer stuff i literally have nothing except utorrent and noe ccleaner on it
02-11-2011, 10:27 PM #12
Originally posted by pal View Post
lol its an acer aspire on vista iv had it about 2 years im really not good with pc's its not top of the range high spec stuff i hardly use it all last week it had over 5gb free space but the other day i noticed its went right down again iv looked at programmes in the uninstall bit and its all microsoft and acer stuff i literally have nothing except utorrent and noe ccleaner on it

Try looking at the system restore, it backs your system up every time you install/uninstall programs and update your system.

Tell me if it is backing up, If so you change the settings too it.
02-11-2011, 10:31 PM #13
alz-yer-pal
Gym leader
Try looking at the system restore, it backs your system up every time you install/uninstall programs and update your system.

Tell me if it is backing up, If so you change the settings too it.

how do i go to system restore? and isit best to try a restore?
02-11-2011, 10:43 PM #14
Originally posted by pal View Post
how do i go to system restore? and isit best to try a restore?

Best to try find the problem out before it might happen again if you restore.

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HhD4spGmq0]YouTube - How to Create and Delete System Restore Points in Vista[/ame]

I would type you a list of what to do but I found a vid instead Smile. (easier to follow)

It shows you how to create a restore point and delete old ones.

The following user thanked Stx for this useful post:

alz-yer-pal
02-11-2011, 10:50 PM #15
alz-yer-pal
Gym leader

You must login or register to view this content.

I would type you a list of what to do but I found a vid instead Smile. (easier to follow)

ok thanks man ill give this ago n let u know thanks m8

The following user thanked alz-yer-pal for this useful post:

Stx
02-11-2011, 10:52 PM #16
IL--U--IK--IE
At least I can fight
Clear your recycle bin? Ha
02-12-2011, 03:03 AM #17
Lick
Custom User Title
If you don't have anything important just format the computer. Let me know if you need help with that.
02-12-2011, 04:29 PM #18
alz-yer-pal
Gym leader

You must login or register to view this content.

followed it restored it n had the same 1.2 gb free space
but i downloaded a film last night 700mb left me with 300 odd mb of space i deleted the film turned it on this morning and i now have 2.14gb free space lol WTF

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

Originally posted by Lick View Post
If you don't have anything important just format the computer. Let me know if you need help with that.

looks like thats the last option iv tryed everything. when i go on computer management it has ACER C and 2.14 gb free space and next to that is DATA D which has 32gb free space but i cant use that any ideas?
02-12-2011, 04:42 PM #19
Try scanning with antivirus, there're viruses that continues to take up space on your hard drive.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo