Post: [NEW!] Jailbrake iPhones/iPods MC Models (NO Boot Tethered!) 3.1.3 [TUT!]
04-08-2010, 04:16 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello, and welcome to my first iPod / iPhone tutorial. Today I will show you guys a NEW jailbreak to iPods / iPhones 3.1.3 MC Models! I founded this out, so pleas REP+ and THANKS! To THANKS scroll down on this post and you will see a buttom "Thanks", pleas click it! It helps me, to help you.

Tutorial Wroted By: IV_THA_KILLER
(TESTED + WORKING on iPhone 3G[S] MC Model 16GB: IV_THA_KILLER)
(TESTED + WORKING on iPhone 3G[S] MC Model 16GB: oStevov)
(TESTED + NOT WORKING on iPod [3G] MC Model 32GB: IV_THA_KILLER)
(TESTED + NOT WORKING on iPod [3G] MC Model 16GB)

Pages:
I - Downgrade and Jailbrake iPhone / iPod [MC] Models
II- Update to 3.1.3 with out losing jailbrake
III- Using BlackRa1n instead of RedS0w to jailbrake
IV- Erros and Fixes

PAGE I: Downgrade and Jailbroke iPhone / iPod [MC] Models

1- Download the following:
Redsn0w: You must login or register to view this content. - You must login or register to view this content.
iTunes 9.1:You must login or register to view this content.
3.1.2 Firmware (Download for your device + Download 3.1.2!): You must login or register to view this content.
BlackRa1n (Working with iTunes 9.1): You must login or register to view this content.

2- To be organized, lets go ahead and make a new folder on our desktop called "Jailbrake MC"

3- Save ALL of those files there, so none of them is apart

4- Now, we wiill need to put your your iPhone / iPod into Recovery Mode. The easyest way that I know it works is by using BlackRa1n - BlackRa1n will automatically put your iPhone / iPod MC Model into Recovery Mode. (For Mac users, you will need to do the older way... If you need tutorial [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUzsOFvQAHs"]YouTube- how to put your ipod touch into dfu mode(HD)[/ame]

5- Now, we will need to open RedSn0w, and click Brownser, and select your 3.1.2 Firmware we downloaded.

6- Click Next, (For iPhones 3G[S] (That is me), a pop should show asking you if you have the newest or older version according to weeks) click YES

7- Click next, and then select Install Cydia

8- After all of set-up your iPhone / iPod should end up on a black screen.. Don't panic! That is good!

9- Close RedSn0w and open iTunes. iTunes should have identify a iPod / iPhone in recovery mode

10- Hold select and click Restore - select AGAIN the 3.1.2 IPSW that we download before

11- Sit down, and wait... You should get an error saying you could not install firmware.

12- Open RedSn0w again, and do all the same thing you did before - just this time make sure you select NO.

13- After selecting NO, you should end up on more selections - make sure you put the following:

Install Cydia
Verbose Boot
Custom Boot Logo (OPTIONAL)
Custom Recovery Logo (OPTIONAL)

16- Click Next... Your jailbreak should start! When it is over, turn off your device and restart it (You WILL see a bunch of scripts coming up the screen when you turn on your device... That is normal - don't worrier!)

Proof that this works:
This IS my video!
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yonb-XkGirI[/ame]

[multipage=II- Update to 3.1.3 with out losing jailbrake]

Update to 3.1.3 with out losing jailbrake

To update to 3.1.3, I would recommend you do it with an iPod, because I have been having problems activating my phone after I update to 3.1.3... If you would still like to continue do the following:

1- Download these:
Sn0wBreeze: You must login or register to view this content.
3.1.3 Firmware (Download for your device + Download 3.1.3!): You must login or register to view this content.

Now, you will need to follow the steps bellow:
(Tutorial wrote by: Taimur Asad - You must login or register to view this content.)

Step 1: Download and install the latest version of iTunes.

Step 2: Now start iTunes and sync your iPhone with your PC so that it backs-up all your important data including settings, apps, music, contacts and photos.

Step 3: Download Sn0wbreeze and the original iPhone OS 3.1.3 for your version of iPhone (download links given below). Move all these files to your desktop.

Step 4: Start Sn0wbreeze and select “Simple Mode”.

Step 5: Sn0wbreeze will now ask you to browse for your .ipsw file. Select the correct 3.1.3 firmware .ipsw file by clicking the “Browse” button. Sn0wbreeze will verify the selected file and then will present you with following screen.

Step 6: Click on "Yes" when Sn0wbreeze asks you “Awesome faceo you want to activate your iPhone?” for hacktivation. Click on “No” only if you are on an officially supported carrier like AT&T.

Step 7: Sn0wbreeze will now create the custom .ipsw file for your iPhone which will be jailbroken.

Step 8: Now you will have to restore your iPhone to this custom firmware 3.1.3 that you just cooked using Sn0wbreeze for your iPhone. Click on your phone from the sidebar in iTunes and then press and hold left “Shift” button on the keyboard and then click on “Restore” (Not “Update” or “Check for Update”Winky Winky button in the iTunes and then release the “Shift” button.

[multipage=III- Using BlackRa1n instead of RedS0w to jailbrake]

III- Using BlackRa1n instead of RedS0w to jailbreak

I have noticed, that BlackRa1n will normally make you boot with your iPod / iPhone connect to your computer - that is why I would not recommend... But if you would still like to do it, here is tutorial:

Downloads: (They are all in the main page)

1- Downgrade your iPod / iPhone to 3.1.2 by using RedSn0w (Open RedSn0w, and select your 3.1.2 Firmware... Make sure you press NO, and then when you are selecting you boxes you only put: Allready Pawned)

2- After all set-up you should end up with your iPhone / iPod on 3.1.2

3- Run BlackRa1n (DOWNLOAD from MY thread! This is the FIXED version to work with iTunes 9.1)

[multipage=IV- Errors and Fixes]

IV- Errors and Fixes

This section, is where I will be posting all erros and fixes. That means, is that if you are having any iTunes / iPod / iPhone / Any thing during jailbrake this is proably whrere you want to go! If YOU had an error, and you fixed pleas post it bellow, so I can add up here what was your error and how you fixed (I will be adding credits).

Device: iPhone 3G[S]
Error: iPhone was NOT activating Sim Card, after 3.1.2 Jailbrake
Fix: Open RedSn0w and re-do jailbrake - just this time make sure you have BlackRa1n open, and clicked... So when all of your phone is ready, BlackRa1n will start, and enventually fix this error!

Device: iPod 3Generation
Error: Wont work with RedSn0w
Fix: None, yet. If figure pleas post!
Last edited by +sT IV_KILLER ; 04-21-2010 at 08:45 PM.

The following 3 users say thank you to +sT IV_KILLER for this useful post:

DreamKillah, IANofwar, MsM94
04-21-2010, 08:52 PM #56
xScreamo!
Trading Kids For Angel Dust
Damn it! I told my mom to only buy me a 16g ipod touch because they cost less, but noooooo she wanted to make me happy and buy the one with more gigs! When I was 3.1.2 I hacked it untill my mom made me update. (she took my ipod and just updated without even asking)
04-22-2010, 02:53 AM #57
Draama
i izz a manwh0re
im aleady on 3.1.3 nonjailbroken ( iphone 3g ) i can do this to make it jailbroken? because i had seen alot of videos on youtube where you need to have a jailbroken phone to jailbreak it to 3.1.3
04-22-2010, 05:54 AM #58
Originally posted by SuPeRxHeRo View Post
im aleady on 3.1.3 nonjailbroken ( iphone 3g ) i can do this to make it jailbroken? because i had seen alot of videos on youtube where you need to have a jailbroken phone to jailbreak it to 3.1.3

I am not %100 sure, but I think that the normal iPhone 3G does not need boot tethered - If it does not I would suggest you look for "iPhone Firmware 3.1.3 Downgrade using BlackSn0w". If it does, pleas post result.
04-22-2010, 07:56 AM #59
Wassup +st IV_killer did you have your shsh files saved on cydia and did you have to change your host to 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com so itunes can go to the cydia server rather than apples? I keep trying this method of doing everything you mentioned and on the last step of redsn0w it says its activating bundles and it gets stuck and after about 10 minutes of waiting the screen goes black and i cant turn it on or anything so im forced to restore it. i have the exact iphone you have from the version, carrier, model, and modem firmware. I hate this tethered jailbreak i have right now!!! PLEASE HELP!!! Thanks!! Oh yeah and what did you use for your custom boot logo?? Maybe thats why its not working cause i didnt check that or the custom recovery logo on the last step.
04-22-2010, 04:29 PM #60
Default Avatar
elpexe
Originally posted by sT
I got that error when I did not use RedSn0w to get the black screen...

i'll test it again Winky Winky
may it is because im on a german pc?

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

Originally posted by elpexe View Post

im sorry but it doesnt work.
tried it again and the same thing.. not eligible for ..

any ideas?
04-22-2010, 06:00 PM #61
Originally posted by spizikes View Post
Wassup +st IV_killer did you have your shsh files saved on cydia and did you have to change your host to 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com so itunes can go to the cydia server rather than apples? I keep trying this method of doing everything you mentioned and on the last step of redsn0w it says its activating bundles and it gets stuck and after about 10 minutes of waiting the screen goes black and i cant turn it on or anything so im forced to restore it. i have the exact iphone you have from the version, carrier, model, and modem firmware. I hate this tethered jailbreak i have right now!!! PLEASE HELP!!! Thanks!! Oh yeah and what did you use for your custom boot logo?? Maybe thats why its not working cause i didnt check that or the custom recovery logo on the last step.

I did not have an SHSH at the time, but I do understand what you are talking about. If the screen goes black use BlackRa1n once, and then use RedSn0w and select the option Yes, and then "Just boot tethered right now" - This way you should go back to your normal 3.1.3, now run RedSn0w and put NO and select the options named on the post... This way your iPhone will be downgraded to 3.1.2. After you did this run BlackRa1n, and you should be all set-up to go!

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

Originally posted by elpexe View Post

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

im sorry but it doesnt work.
tried it again and the same thing.. not eligible for ..

any ideas?

I will proably make a voice tutorial.
04-22-2010, 09:31 PM #62
Why So Serious?
Help Me Get My Nxt StaR*
WTF does mc mean?
04-23-2010, 12:40 AM #63
Originally posted by Why
WTF does mc mean?

The newest models of iPhone / iPod Touches
04-23-2010, 06:22 AM #64
You should add (Tested + NOT WORKING) to the thread for 8GB iPod Touches, to stop confusion.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo