Post: Ultimate iPod, iPhone, iPad Guide(Still In Progress)
02-18-2011, 10:55 PM #1
oman
Banned
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This is my first Ultimate guide. I am also working on a C++ Ultimate Guide For Noobs. This is taking time as i am still learning to program in C++ but if there is anything that you would like to see in that guide quote me on this thread and i'll consider adding it
WooHoo I Got My First Sticky
You must login or register to view this content.
Notice:Sorry I've been away for a while but I'm back now

I'll Give You/Teach You How To;
1. downloads for most(if not all) of the previous IPSW's and Jailbreaks
2. a list of really good Cydia sources/repo's
3. save and use you SHSH blobs
4. SSH and how to use VNC etc.
5. download and install cracked apps
6. crack your own apps

I'll Keep this Tutorial Up-To-Date every time someone requests something or when a new jailbreak or new iOS comes out

Still In Progress
1. Not working on anything ATM to busy with UNI work

Credits...
You must login or register to view this content. - For Help With The SHSH Blobs Part
You must login or register to view this content. - For Writing The Cydia App List And iPad Themes
You must login or register to view this content. - For Helping With A Few Things
And Anyone Who's Thread's I Used In The "Other Very Useful Threads"

[Multipage=Suggestions]
If you would like to see something on this guide quote me or PM me with what you want to see added and why you think it should be added and i will get back to you ASAP

[Multipage=Other Very Useful Threads]
If You Want Your Thread To Appear Here PM Or Quote Me And I'll Think About Adding It

You must login or register to view this content. - ajbinky

You must login or register to view this content. - hecman

You must login or register to view this content. - Josh.

You must login or register to view this content. - hacker4life

You must login or register to view this content. - cgs18 and Dr.Josh

You must login or register to view this content. - cgs18

You must login or register to view this content. - JoseTua

[multipage=Q&A]
Here Is A List Of Commonly Asked Questions Most I Probably Asked When I Started To Jailbreak And Some That I Have Been Asked

If You Have ANY Questions About Jailbreaking Or iDevices In Genral PM Or Quote Me And I Will Either Answer Your Question And If I Can't I Will Hand You Over To Some One Who Can

If You Don't Want Anyone To Know It Was You Who Asked A Question PM Me It And Write In The Subject Anonymous And I Will Not Display Your Name

1. ASKED BY You must login or register to view this content.
Q. What Is The Difference Between A Tethered And Untethered Jailbreak
A. A tethered jailbreak and an untethered jailbreak are basically the same thing exept that with a tethered jailbreak everytime you reboot or restart your iDevice or it runs out of charge it will go into recovery mode and you will need to plug into the computer and use the jailbreak tool again to kick it out of recovery mode this is due to somthing to do with the iBoots(I Really Don't Know Just Guessing) I WOULD HIGHLY ADVISE ONLY USING UNTETHERED JAILBREAKS THATS WHAT I DO

2. Anonymous
Q. If I use an tethered jailbreak whenever it go's into recovery mode and I re-jailbreak it will I lose all my cydia stuff(Sources/Repo's, Apps ETC.)
A. NO simple answer to that is no you will not lose anything as long as you dont do what iTunes tells you to do which is restore you iDevice if you do that yes you will lose your cydia stuff

3. Anonymous
Q. If I jailbreak i know i will lose the guarante if apple finds out but my question is how does apple find out is it through iTunes or updates or somthing else
A. This is Quiet simple the answer is that the only way for apple to find out is if you take it in to get it repaired and you still have the jailbreak on. A simple fix to this is that if you ever need to have your iDevice repaired just restore with iTunes before you take it into the shop

4.Anonymous
Q. Will jailbreaking affect my contract in anyway
A. No jailbreaking will in know way affect your contact actually my iPhone 3Gs is on contract and is jailbroken and is still fine

5. Anonymous
Q. How do i check my iDevices Firmware
A. there are two ways to do this one is on the device itself and the other is through iTunes to find it out using iTunes just plug your iDevice into your computer and open iTunes then click the tab on the left side of your screen which corresponds to the device you want and then his summary and on that screen you will find your "software version" the next way is just as easy if not easier all you do is on your iDevice open settings and browse to General>About and scroll down to "Version" its somewhere near the middle

6. ME
Q. How do i find out my iDevices Baseband
A. This is quite easy and is neccesary to know when unlocking your iDevice first open setting and browse to General>About and scroll to "Modem Firmware" this is near the bottom and should look like this - XX:XX:XX where XX is numbers

7. ME
Q. I have downloaded some themes but dont knnow how to use them how do i use them
A. If you want to use themes you will need to download WINTERBOARD from Cydia once it is downloaded and installed launch it from the springboard and hit select themes the app will then list all the themes saved on your iDevice just tap the ones you want to select and then hit the WinterBoard button at the top of the page and there should be a button saying "ReSpring" hit that and let the iDevice do its work

8. Anonymous
Q. I have heard people talking about a SpringBoard what is this and how to i find it
A. Chances are if you have an iDevice you will be using your SpringBoard everytime you use your iDevice the SpringBoard is the home screen for the iDevices it is where all your apps and things are when you want to access them

9. ME
Q. I have heard alot of people talking about a jailbreak called Star what is this jailbreak
A. The Star jailbreak is basically another name for the JailbreakMe.com Jailbreak
[multipage=Jailbreaking Basics]
What Does Jailbreaking Actually Do

Well for starters jailbreaking is basicly the removing of the restrictions that apple have put onto there devices to allow you to run third party applications normally every pieces of software installed on an iDevice requires to be downloaded and installed via iTunes or the appstore

How Would You Actually Go About Jailbreaking

Well first you would download a free program and plug your iDevice into you Mac Or PC and run the program. There may be some specific steps that you are required to perform first (most commonly putting the device into DFU mode) the whole jailbreak process can usually take somewhere between 10 and 20 minutes.
It is normally advised to restore your iDevice via iTunes before jailbreaking so that nothing will affect the jailbreak process.

Will Jailbreaking Damage My iDevice

Jailbreaking if done properly will do absolutly no damage to the iDevice at all the only thing is that it voids Apple's warranty and this can be fixed with a simple restore and even if somthing does happen to your iDevice you shall be able to either restore your iDevice or put the device into DFU mode and then restore

[multipage=Jailbreaking Programs]
Here is a list of tables for the recent iDevices and there breakable firmwares
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/

[multipage=Useful Downloads]
YOU CAN GET ALL IPSW's FROM THIS SITE

Jailbreak Downloads
BlackRa1n - You must login or register to view this content. - GeoHot
PurpleRa1n - You must login or register to view this content. - GeoHot
LimeRa1n - You must login or register to view this content. - GeoHot
Spirit - You must login or register to view this content. - Comex
JailbreakMe.com* - You must login or register to view this content. - Comex
GreenPois0n - You must login or register to view this content. - P0sixNinja/ChronicDevTeam
RedSn0w - You must login or register to view this content. - iPhoneDevTeam
PwnageTool - You must login or register to view this content. - iPhoneDevTeam
Sn0wBreeze - You must login or register to view this content. - iH8Sn0w
* Go To The Site On Your iDevice

YOU CAN GET ALL IPSW's FROM HERE

You must login or register to view this content. - iH8Sn0w - "iDector is a real easy to use application to tell whether or not your iPhone 3G[S] contains the New Bootrom or the Old bootrom."
You must login or register to view this content. - iH8Sn0w - "Check if your device is unlockable or Tethered with just a simple USB connect!"
[multipage=Cydia]
How To Install Cydia

after performing your chosen jailbreak you might get an icon on your springboard called loader (or something like that) if you get that check you have an internet connection and run the app and when it
loads you will be given a choice of installers to to use (sometimes it might only be Cydia) i advise just choosing Cydia and let that install once it is installed it might respring your iDevice if i does just let it once it reloads there should be a new icon on your springboard called Cydia (or ICY or ROCK) open it. it will most likely start and then close if it does just reopen it

Sources/Repo's

What Are Sources/Repo's

Source's also known as Repo's are basically a website that allows you to that allows user to upload or download and install custom software to their iDevice

How Do I Add Sources/Repo's To Cydia

Adding sources/repo's to Cydia is one of the easiest things you can do with a jailbroken iDevice. First open up Cydia and let it load and on the bottom bar hit the button that says manage then the screen will change and give you a list of options (Packages, Sources and Storage) you need to hit Sources here this will then show you a list of sources that have been installed here you need to click the Edit button on the top right of the page and then the Add button on the top left of the page and a pop up window will come up just like a notification and ask you to "Enter Cydia/APT URL" this is basically just asking for the address of the sourse/repo (list below) when you type it in it may come up with some sort of warning depending on the repo as some repo's are illegal (Hackulo.us, SINFULiPhone ETC.) if you still want to add it hit add anyway and then let it install

What are The Best Sources/Repo's To Use

Well i would personally say that the sources/repo's pre-installed with Cydia are good yes but they don't quite have everything you need but for begginers they should do fine but if there's anything else you really want that isnt on a pre-installed source/repo then just add it

A List Of Good Sources/Repo's
MORE TO BE ADDED SOON

How To Uninstall Apps From Cydia

There are many ways to uninstall an app from Cydia first open up Cydia and then either search for the name of the app the same way you would install it and hit uninstall or you can hit Manage, Then Packages and look through the installed packages till you find the app you want to uninstall or install CyDelete and just delete the apps like you would normally

[multipage=SSH, VNC and SHSH Blobs]
What is SSH, What Does it Let You Do

SSHing is basically a way for you to access the iDevices memory and edit, add or remove some of the things but be carefull with what you do don't just go around moving or deleting files and if you do back them up first make sure that you know what it is that your moving and what it does when you do it

How do I SSH

1. open Cydia on iDevice and search for "Open SSH" (not sure if there is a space or not) and install it
2. check that you have SBSetting installed by going to the springboard and sliding your finger along the status bar if nothing happens the go back into Cydia and search and install "SBSettings"
after that installs it may ask to respring/reboot just do it
3. after installing SBSettings go to the springboard and slide your finger along the status bar a menu should pop down if it does then it installed right if not go back to step 2
4. make sure that the SSH thingy is green if you dont have one press the blue more button and click "Set Toggles" and scroll till you find the SSH line and make sure it is "ON" then prees home and go back and try step 4 again
5.on your Comp go to
You must login or register to view this content. (for windows)
You must login or register to view this content. (for MAC)
and download and install the file open it up it will look quite intimidating dont worry all you need to care about is the IPAddress field, the Username field and the Password field
6. in the IPAddress field you want to type in your IPAddress to find this just slide you finger over the status bar and there should be somthing saying Wi-Fi IP Address next to that there will be some numbers like 192.168.1.73 that is your IP Address in the Username Field type "root" (no quotes) and in the password field type in "alpine" (no quotes) and hit login
7. you have now succsefully SSH into your iDevice

What is VNC, What does it let you do

Vnc is a way of viewing your iDevice screen on you comp it is very good for recording basic tutorials but it can be quite laggy so its not the best for games etc.

How do I Use VNC

1. open Cydia and search for "Veency" and install it then search for "Veency SBSettings Toggle" and install that
2. check that you have SBSetting installed by going to the springboard and sliding your finger along the status bar if nothing happens then go back into Cydia and search and install "SBSettings"
after that installs it may ask to respring/reboot just do it
3. after installing SBSettings go to the springboard and slide your finger along the status bar a menu should pop down if it does then it installed right if not go back to step 2
4. make sure that the Veency thingy is green if you dont have one press the blue more button and click "Set Toggles" and scroll till you find the Veency line and make sure it is "ON" then press home and go back and try step 4 again
5. on comp go to
(for windows)
MAC LINK COMING SOON
and download and install the file and open it up all you need to do is put your IP Address into the box (to find your IP Address just slide you finger over the status bar and there should be something saying Wi-Fi IP Address next to that there will be some numbers like 192.168.1.73 that is your IP Address) and hit connect
6. You have now successfully set up a VNC for your iDevice

What are SHSH Blobs, What Are They Used For

SHSH Blobs are signature file's that validate that the iDevice is running on latest iOS version.If you want to restore your iOS device to a previous version,Apple will not allow you because you are already on a higher version of iOS and trying to load an older version if you have your previous SHSH Blobs saved you can trick Apple into letting you downgrade, so i advise before doing ANY update make sure you have your SHSH Blobs saved SHSH Blobs are saved with ECID (Exclusive Chip ID) so that’s why we can not use SHSH Blobs from someone else's iDevice

How Do SHSH Blobs Work
well basically Apple need to verify that you are installing a higher firmware on you iDevice than you current one they do this by sending the SHSH Blobs to one of Apples servers and the server communicates back to say if the update is verified or not but if you back up your SHSH Blobs using TinyUmbrella then you iDevice will be tricked into communicating with Sauriks servers instead of Apple so that you can downgrade your iDevice Easily

How To Back Up Your SHSH Blobs
1. download TinyUmbrella from
(for Windows)
(for MAC)
2. lauch the downloaded file
3. check that the iDevice is plugged in and choose which Device your trying to back up from the left hand side menu
4. after choosing the correct iDevice hit "Save SHSH" on the top right hand side
5. congratulations you have backed up your SHSH Blobs

How To Downgrade Using TinyUmbrella
note** i dont think you need to be jailbroken in order to do this but im not sure somebody correct me if i'm wrong
1. Check you have the SHSH files for the firmware you want to downgrade to backed up
2. if not don't continue with this guide it wont work
3. back up you current SHSH Blobs using the above guide
4. Download your desired Firmware from You must login or register to view this content.
5. Put iDevice into DFU Mode (Hold power button for three seconds then still holding the power button press the Home button and hold that for 10 seconds then while still holding the home button release the power button and hold it for 30 seconds)
6. Hit the Start TSS Server button.
7. Now open iTunes or if its already open close it and then open it again
8. hit the name of the iDevice you want to downgrade and while holding shift (for windows) or Alt (for MAC) and select the firmware you just downloaded
9. let it restore you might get an error (1015 or something) dont worry it doesnt matter
10. after it restore iTunes should say something like "we have detected an iPhone in recovery mode it will have to be retore before use"
now go back to TinyUmbrella and hit "Exit Recovery"
11. You have now succesfully downgraded your iDevice

[multipage=Cracked Apps]
What Are Cracked Apps

With uncracked apps Apple have made it so that you need to be verified on the account that bought it and you can only verify 5 people at once but cracking these apps removes these limits and lets anyone install the app

How To Install Cracked Apps

1. Open Cydia
2. add the Hackulo.us source/repo find out how by going to the Cydia Page
3. search for Installous and install it
4. search for Appsync and install the version that go's with your firmware (3.1.X, 4.1.X, 4.2.X etc.)
5. open Install0us and on the bottom bar hit search
6. search for your desired app
7. follow the screens to install your app

How To Crack Apps
iOS 4 + ONLY

1. Open Cydia
2. add either the Hackulo.us source/repo or the SunfuliPhone source/repo find out how by going to the Cydia Page
3. search for sINfuLCrack or Crackulous and install it
4. exit Cydia and open the newly installed app
5. choose setting and type your desired Cracker Name in then press the sINfuLCrack or applications and choose the app you want to crack
6. wait until it cracks the app then SSH into the iPod/iPhone and browse to /private/var/root/Documents/Cracked
7. copy your cracked app to your desktop (or other place if wished)
8. upload to any of you desired cracked app sites

[multipage=Top Cydia Apps]
Top Cydia Apps

1. Installous (And App Sync) - Allows Cracked Apps To Be Installed
2. WinterBoard -Allows You To Set Custom Themes
3. UltraSn0w - The iPhone Dev Teams Software Unlock (Compatible With BaseBands - 01.59.00, 04.26.08, 05.11.07, 05.12.01, 05.13.04 & 06.15.00
4. BackGrounder - A Way To Enable Multitasking On Any Device
5. Activator - Allows You To Change What Gestures And Buttons Do
6. MultiIconMover - Move Multiple Spring Board Icons At Once
7. SBsettings -Quite Hard To Describe But Its A MUST HAVE
8. FullForce - Force Apps To Run OnFull Screen Size For iPad
9. My-Wi - Allows You To Use iDevices 3G To Create A Wi-Fi Hotspot
10. Cydelete - Uninstall Cydia Apps From SpringBoard
11. iFile - A Good File Manager
12. Wi-Fi Sync - Allows iDevice To Sync With iTunes Over Wi-Fi
13. SNES4iPhone - SNES Emulator for iDevice
14. MakeItMine - Change Your Banner Or Carrier Logo
15. 3G Unrestrictor -Tricks iDevice Into Thinking Its Runnig on Wi-Fi When Its On 3G
16. MyOS - Allows You To Toggle Which Addons You Want To Use (MultiTasking ETC.)
17. Yourtube - The Way The YouTube App Should Have Been
18. n64iphone - N64 Emulator for iDevice
19. safari download plugin - A Downloader For iDevice
20. MobileTerminal - A Terminal Emulator For iDevice
21. AdBlock (With SBAdBlockToggle) - A Way To Block Ads In Apps Like Safari *Needs To Be Patched For Use With SBSettings ETC.
22. Crackulous - A Way To Crack Apps So Anyone With A Jailbroken iDevice Can Use Them
23. External iPod Controls - Lets You Change The Functions Of The volume Buttons (Switch Songs ETC.)
24. NoCYfresh - Stops Cydia From Refreshing After Every Launch
25. OpenNotifier - A New Way To View Your SMS Messages On iPhone
26. OpenSSH - Allows You To Access Your iDevice's Memory From PC/Mac
27. ScrollingBoard - A Very Good Replacemeant for InfiniDock/Folders ETC.
28. Synchronicity - Allows You To Use Your iDevice While It Syncs
29. User Agent Faker (With UAFaker SBSettings Toggle) - Forces Your iDevice To Access The Non-Mobile Sites Instead Of The Mobile Ones
30. Veency (With Veency SBSettings Toggle) - Allows You To See Your iDevice's Screen On Your PC/Mac

[Multipage=Top Themes]
iPad Themes
Black 'UPS' Darkness
SilverHaz3 HD ipad (free at xsellize repo)
Blackhaz3 HD ipad (free at xsellize repo)
A Autumn HD Lockscreen*(free at xsellize repo)
A UINique iPad theme*(free at xsellize repo)
Animated Fireworks HD (free at insanelyi repo)
Glasklart HD*
Graphite Ipad*(free at xsellize repo)
iFlat4 HD [iPad]*(free at xsellize repo)
iPebble iPad *(free at xsellize repo)
Tap to Unlock for iPad

Retina Display Themes
1. AfterHours-HD
2. GinoAwesome Theme
3. Alit Theme
4. Classica iPhone 4 Theme
5. Blue Thunder Theme
6. iNitsua Z Twilight HD
7. xQuisite HD
8. UniQue HD
9. iNitsua Z NeoStyle HD
10. Obsidian HD
11. XHD
12. Elite Pro HD
13. iMagine
14. Opaque
15. Glasklart HD
16. G.O.C HD
17. inPulse (Retina)
18. Android HD
19. Suave HD
20. Celeste HD
21. Buuf iPhone 4
22. OSX Theme
23. iMario

iPhone/iTouch Themes Coming Soon

[multipage=Unlocks]
How To unlock iPhone 3G/3Gs on firmware 4.1/4.2.1
BERFORE EVEN THINKING ABOUT DOING THIS MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND THE RISKS
1. There is no way to come back down from 06.15, and there’s no hiding the baseband version from Apple. You’ll be voiding your warranty in a very obvious way.
2. If some future baseband comes out with a critical fix, you won’t be able to update to it if it remains down in the 05.xx sequence.
3. Starting with FW 4.2.1 if you have 06.15 on your iPhone you won’t ever be able to restore to stock firmware (it will fail). You’ll can only restore to custom IPSWs.[/SIZE]

NOW THAT YOU UNDERSTAND THE RISKS LETS GET STARTED
Requirements
1. an iPhone 3G or 3Gs i don't know if this works on any other devices will update when i find out

Steps
1. if you are already jailbroken on 4.2.1 with Greenpois0n then restore it using iTunes
2. Download the latest RedSn0w from here
for windows
MAC LINK COMING SOON
3. download either 4.2.1 or 4.1 firmware (which ever one your iDevice is on) for your iDevice from You must login or register to view this content.
4. start RedSn0w and browse to find your required IPSW
read through the next screen and select yes or no depending on what your iPhone is
5. hit next then it will do some stuff just leave it to do that
6. you will get a screen like this
make sure that the install cydia and install iPad baseband are selected and hit next
7. you will see a screen prompting you to turn off and make sure your iPhone is plugged in do this
8. Follow the directions to place your iPhone into DFU mode
9. Then you will see the end screen. Click Done/finish
10. the rest of the Jailbreak is done on your iPhone
11. after the iPhone has been jailbroken with RedSn0w open up cydia and let it do its work
12. open up cydia agian and go to Manage>Sources and look for the UltraSn0w Repo/Source
13. if you can find it skip to step15, if you cant find it follow these steps to add it go to Manage>Sources>Edit>Add and add this You must login or register to view this content.
14 .let the Repo/Source install
15. Open up the UltraSn0w Repo/Source and install UnltraSn0w
16. you may have to Reboot or respring your iDevice just do this
17. Enjoy your Unlocked iPhone 3G or 3Gs on 4.1 or 4.2.1

[multipage=LOG]
LOG (ALL TIMES ARE IN GMT)
15-2-11 12.30 started to write guide
15-2-11 12.45 added homepage
15-2-11 17.00 added Jailbreaking Basics page
16-2-11 01.00 added the Jailbreaking Programs Page
17-2-11 16.00 added the Cydia page
18-2-11 02.55 started the SSH, VNC, and SHSH Blobs page
18-2-11 21.20 added Cracked Apps Page
18-2-11 22.55 Published to NGU
19-2-11 21.15 added SHSH Guides
20-2-11 12.15 added top Cydia apps (Thanks cgs18 )
22-2-11 00.45 Edited Top Cydia Apps Slightly And Added What The Apps Do
22-2-11 11.50 Added iPad Themes
22-2-11 12.20 Added Difference Between Tethered And unTethered
24-2-11 09.20 Added unlock guide for iPhone 3G/3Gs on 4.1/4.2.1
25-2-11 14.55 Added how to hack apps
25-2-11 22.20 Updated Jailbreak List
25-2-11 23.25 Added Q&A Page
26-2-11 14.00 Added Downloads And Credits For All Jailbreaks
06-3-11 20.30 Updated Jailbreak List With Tables
08-3-11 21.00 Finished Reconstruction of layout
09-3-11 21.50 Updated Jailbreak List With 4.3 Versions
12-3-11 15.20 Added iPad 2G To Jailbreak List
13-3-11 18.45 Added Retina Display Themes To Top Cydia Apps List
13-3-11 23.25 Removed How To Hack Apps Page Because Of Clutter But Added Useful Threads Page
30-3-11 18.50 Added Suggestions Page And Updated Layout
03-4-11 23.50 Edited Jailbreak Tables
04-4-11 06.55 Added 4.3/4.3.1 Jailbreak info to tables
06-4-11 14.20 Added Verzion iPhone Info
21-5-11 23.20 Updated At Last
Last edited by oman ; 05-21-2011 at 10:23 PM.

The following 22 users say thank you to oman for this useful post:

ajbinky, BenJii, cgs18, EZ., frostysnoww, gmaxstergmaxste, IvanTheTerrible, jamesyk2, jaylix16, Josh, Mr.Amitoz, Novelette, Sk8erFerSur, Sn0wb0arder245, JimErased, superhighme, thalx, The Timer, TheDarkBadger, Tony_xMUFCx, will316, x_LoopyNinja_x
05-21-2011, 10:27 PM #65
oman
Banned
I'm back and updated the tables again sorry for down time
05-31-2011, 09:12 PM #66
Thanks for the guide it helped me alot especially the things i didn't know how to do and the sources.
07-17-2011, 08:53 PM #67
EZ.
< ^ > < ^ >
this needs to be updated
07-20-2011, 04:35 AM #68
Luckster224
Save Point
Don't post if not done
07-24-2011, 12:45 AM #69
He can't update this as he's banned so surely just remove it
08-24-2011, 01:48 AM #70
EliteHackxx
Pokemon Trainer
dont remove this thread as it is usefull to some people!
08-24-2011, 06:09 AM #71
xbry23
Keeper
thanks, this really helped me
10-12-2011, 05:01 PM #72
good job! thanks

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo