07-24-2011, 01:15 PM #1
D@ EnVvY!
OMG did you read this?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
[ATTACH=CONFIG]10215[/ATTACH]

I will post 3 simple and fast tips for you guys so that you can save a lot of battery with the jailbreak tweak You must login or register to view this content.. 2 of these tips are common knowledge but you might not have thought of them. I will also post a couple of other simple tips that don't require a jailbroken iDevice.

How to install SBSettings and how it works:

SBSettings is a fast and smooth way of taking care of important small changes, for example brightness and flightmode.
1. Open Cydia
2. Wait for everything to load
3. Search for SBSettings or click You must login or register to view this content.
4. Note: Download it from the bigboss repo Download and install it
5. At the top bar of your iDevice you simply swipe to get the window down, by pressing for example "Airplane" you can disable and enable flightmode.

Here's the tips

Swipe at the top to bring down the SBSettings window

Tip #1: Turn of 3G and data when you don't use the iDevice, it wont check for updates on facebook, twitter, mail etc, this tip will save you the most battery time.

Tip #2: Turn down your brightness when you're at work/school/in dark rooms and don't use it as much as other times.

I know that this one is sooooooo basic, but it saves a lot of battery!

Tip #3: Go to the processes tab, when you're in there, delete the processes that you don't use and hit "FREE UP MEMORY", if you don't want to delete any processes, just hit "FREE UP MEMORY", it will save a lot.

Here's the tips that doesn't require a jailbroken iDevice

Tip #4: This is one of the mistakes I have seen me do a lot.

Open safari and hit the tab button, in there delete the tabs that you don't use, these will take up memory and there for drain your battery.

Tip #5: This is a tip I got from a friend, I think it works kinda good!

Double tap the home button, in there you will see all he programs you have used, hold down on one of them until they start to shake, when they shake, delete all of them, they will take up memory and drain your battery.

Please coment with more tips on how to save battery, I will post them here and give you the credit for it.
Last edited by D@ EnVvY! ; 07-24-2011 at 01:27 PM.

The following user groaned D@ EnVvY! for this awful post:

ant599
07-24-2011, 01:28 PM #2
Axiom
PC Gamer
Basic but good tips and nice thread. Thanks. Smile

The following user thanked Axiom for this useful post:

D@ EnVvY!
07-26-2011, 11:28 PM #3
The White Mamba
Bench Warmer
Good tips, some of them are intresting :y:

The following user thanked The White Mamba for this useful post:

D@ EnVvY!
07-27-2011, 05:46 AM #4
airplane mode is a good way to save battery as well if you have ipod touch 4th gen, im not sure if iphone and ipad have this mode?
07-27-2011, 04:33 PM #5
i think their is an app/tweak that turns your 3g off when you lock the iPhone, does anyone know what its called?

The following user thanked The1TheOnly for this useful post:

D@ EnVvY!
07-27-2011, 04:57 PM #6
Disabling push notifications will save battery i think and i don't think deleting apps would use a noticeable chunk of battery..

The following user thanked Bibbster94 for this useful post:

D@ EnVvY!
07-31-2011, 01:55 AM #7
Thrashher
Who’s Jim Erased?
#5 is defiantly the best way to save battery life. If I have my facebook running in the background, my phone just tends to die super fast, even though I'm not using it.
08-01-2011, 06:23 AM #8
monster2331
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by The1TheOnly View Post
i think their is an app/tweak that turns your 3g off when you lock the iPhone, does anyone know what its called?

Its called auto 3g but is $6 if you want to buy it, we all know there's ways around buyin stuff on iPhones

The following user thanked monster2331 for this useful post:

The1TheOnly
08-03-2011, 04:04 PM #9
sendastunt
Trophy Hunter
I would recommand using the app "Auto3G" (jailbroken phones only); what it does is switch 3G antenna off everytime your phone goes into sleep mode

It saves about 50% battery
08-03-2011, 06:42 PM #10
ant599
Broz b4 h0ez
stole my avatar

The following user groaned ant599 for this awful post:

D@ EnVvY!

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo