Post: The Next Generation Of Apple’s iPhone Is Not The iPhone 5
08-01-2012, 02:02 AM #1
Alt
Banned
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
The release of the new generation of Apple’s iPhone is so close that almost everybody has a good sense of what it will look like and all the amazing new features it will provide. But there is one thing that we are sure about, there is no iPhone 5.

You must login or register to view this content.

No need to worry, there still is a new which is coming very soon, it’s just going to be called the New iPhone, there’s no 5, actually there’s no numbers ever again, and that’s about right because it doesn’t even make sense anymore, here’s why:

The original iPhone – the iPhone 2G – was just called The iPhone.
The second iPhone was the iPhone 3G.
The third iPhone was the iPhone 3GS.
The fourth iPhone was the iPhone 4, which made sense really because it was indeed the 4th iPhone plus everybody was used to the 3 from the iPhone 3GS.
The fifth iPhone – which is the current generation of Apple’s iPhone – is the iPhone 4S, which means that you are already using the iPhone 5.

So if Apple names the new generation of iPhone the iPhone 5, they will go down a long way of numerical product names with no end. Nowadays, Apple makes a huge share of their income off phones, so they have to think long-term about what these phones will be called years from now.

If we look back, we’ll find that Apple has realized that it would be dumb to keep going with numerical names for their products with the most recent iPad, so we got the “New iPad” which is officially just named the iPad, instead of the iPad 3, and so we will get the “New iPhone” which will be officially named the iPhone, as will every iPhone be named from now on and forever.

Phones and tablets are now yearly products which carry a lot of anticipation, with names strong enough to demand frenzy and dollars without adding +1 each time around, they are as iconic as MacBook. It’ll be confusing at first, a lot of people will walk into Apple Store asking for the iPhone 5 but we’ll get used to it soon enough.

It’s more likely that we’ll keep referring to it as the iPhone 5 until it’s released.

You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by Alt ; 08-02-2012 at 01:06 AM.
08-01-2012, 02:04 AM #2
The NewNextgenupdate
The New New York..
I can keep going :P
08-01-2012, 05:43 PM #3
zackxedge
Gym leader
That's not going to happen.

The following user thanked zackxedge for this useful post:

txlonghorn97
08-01-2012, 06:08 PM #4
People would still refer to it as the iPhone 5 though just like "the New iPad" they still call it the iPad 3. Won't there be a new iPod touch as well?
08-01-2012, 09:49 PM #5
Coqui
Former Staff
Originally posted by beaverpwnsall View Post
People would still refer to it as the iPhone 5 though just like "the New iPad" they still call it the iPad 3. Won't there be a new iPod touch as well?

Yes, Apple is supposed to announce a new iPod Touch or atleast that is what everyone is specting. Smile
08-01-2012, 10:02 PM #6
Tbh even if this actually would be implemented by Apple I still think that most of the people would still just call it as the Iphone '5'
08-02-2012, 12:30 AM #7
Under which Apple did u find this which says New iPhone ?
08-02-2012, 12:45 AM #8
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
So iphone V2
Makes sense as the branding is the most powerful thing apple has
08-02-2012, 06:34 PM #9
Xx_BaRnAnA_xX
Bounty hunter
The thing is Apple can't come up with anything new all these features are already available on other phones. But Apple know that there are people who will act as if they have never seen anything like it before because some people are that stupid
08-02-2012, 07:03 PM #10
Coqui
Former Staff
Originally posted by xX View Post
The thing is Apple can't come up with anything new all these features are already available on other phones. But Apple know that there are people who will act as if they have never seen anything like it before because some people are that stupid

All iPhones have something that make all the others company make a copy of it. Like the 4S with Siri, Siri is a revolution on voice assistants :y: I remember the first iPhone it was the first thing to have a multitouch screen and now all phones have the same. :| So I hope they add soemthing revolutionary on the next iPhone if not I will be very dissapointed but for now I'm staying with my 4S. ^^

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo