09-17-2012, 09:12 PM #1
Default Avatar
WOLF
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Have you ever had your device freeze after opening an app then every time you turn the device on it might give you enough time to unlock it then it freezes right back then resprings over and over? I finally found the cause (sort of) and fix!

Cause:
Multiple apps that use video call, excluding Facetime. This includes Skype, Oovoo, Yahoo Messenger, or any other apps that run in background even after you kill them from the task manager. If you run skype then kill it in the task manger, open your SBSettings processes and it will still be running. This indicates one of those types of apps.

I'm not sure if the problem has something to do with a LaunchDaemon that was removed or one of the tweaks but this problem has plagued me since I jailbroke my device but there is a fix outside of a restore.

Fix:
There are two fixes that I've found after having this happen to me multiple times until I found out what it was exactly.

1- If you have enough time when your device resprings in a usable state before it freezes, swipe across your status bar and bring out SBSettings and quickly hit processes and close the app in question. This will keep your device from freezing until you run the app again.

2- Download iFunbox, plug up your device and delete the app that you think could be causing the problem. Might have to respring or reboot for it to take effect.
09-20-2012, 02:39 AM #2
This happened to me. All I did was hold down both the lock button and the home button until it showed connect to iTunes then I restored it. I wish I would've fouind this earlier :(

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo