06-23-2015, 12:13 PM #1
Pixie Lott
Keep it MeLLo
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

A jailbreak has been released for iOS 8.3 by the TaiG team. This jailbreak supports iOS 8.1.3 through iOS 8.3 and is Windows only.

The tool, which is dubbed TaiG 2.0, can be downloaded.

This release is quite interesting, since it was thought that the Pangu team would be the one to release a jailbreak for iOS 8.3 and TaiG would focus on iOS 9. That, obviously, is no longer the case.

Keep in mind that lots of things still need to be updated for iOS 8.3, including Cydia Substrate. Thus, support is limited with regard to jailbreak tweaks and apps.

I just wan't to make sure everyone reads the help section on their website.

Since Cydia Substrate (Mobile Substrate) is not compatible of iOS 8.2,8.3, some plug-ins are not available after the jailbreak. Please wait patiently for its update.

Please be patient before instantly jumping to the latest update and please refrain from posting here as the developers will know about this.

Direct Link to the tool ( Newest Version 2.1.3 - You must login or register to view this content.

WINDOWS ONLY ATM

FAQ

FAQ 1: "do I have to restore my firmware if I did an 8.3 OTA?" No

FAQ 2: "Is this a safe jailbreak?" Yes! it has been confirmed by MuscleNerd and is currently being decompiled by iH8sn0w

FAQ 3: "Why aren't my tweaks working?" Mobile Substrate (the core of a functional jailbreak experience) and Cydia have not been updated prior to this release. Hang tight and usually within 24 hours Saurik (the Cydia creator and maintainer) will have a quick fix

FAQ 4: "What is 3kAssistant 2.3.0 and do I need it?" 3kAssistant is an app much like the Appstore that Chinese users can get with a jailbreak. If you do not speak Chinese or live in China (among other places) it is recommended that you UNCHECK this box when downloading. Your goal is to acquire Cydia and gaining root access when jailbreaking; this app is not vital to that process.
Last edited by Pixie Lott ; 06-29-2015 at 04:29 AM.

The following 29 users say thank you to Pixie Lott for this useful post:

Alt, Hammy, AJ, AppleJackSmith, Azus, Dog88Christian, donskrillah, Eddie-Lucas, Fantasy Gam3r, Jimmy, Justin, KL9, MODZ4FUN420, Mr Grumpy, nimrobalgit, Darth Saul, primetime43, RTE, Taylor, TheBlackHand, thelamenoob, Ciri, wardy, WhyUMadKid, SiNNER, yan88
06-24-2015, 01:06 PM #11
Pixie Lott
Keep it MeLLo
Originally posted by TheBlackHand View Post
Sorry it was like 4:30 in the morning when I did it lol half asleep. Will read more into next time Smile

You wont have to wait very long the update is coming out today/Tomorrow

The following user thanked Pixie Lott for this useful post:

TheBlackHand
06-24-2015, 01:22 PM #12
Originally posted by Pixie
You wont have to wait very long the update is coming out today/Tomorrow

Very nice. This is my first time ever jail breaking a phone lol I'm a wiz with gaming consoles. Not so much phones. So I'm assuming everyone is having the issue of apps not showing up after install?

One they release an update, it'll automatically shut up in Cydia to install update correct?
06-24-2015, 01:27 PM #13
Pixie Lott
Keep it MeLLo
Originally posted by TheBlackHand View Post
Very nice. This is my first time ever jail breaking a phone lol I'm a wiz with gaming consoles. Not so much phones. So I'm assuming everyone is having the issue of apps not showing up after install?

One they release an update, it'll automatically shut up in Cydia to install update correct?

Yes it will show up in cydia as an update that you just download, Then things will start to work or the devs will need to update them.

The following user thanked Pixie Lott for this useful post:

Esker
06-24-2015, 01:28 PM #14
I appreciate your feel back Smile
06-24-2015, 09:21 PM #15
DAFG20
Do a barrel roll!
Hmm im having problems with cydia when i go on it it says "Network Error" Unable to load (A server with the specified hostname could not be found) anyone knows about this?
06-24-2015, 10:18 PM #16
xkoeckiiej
At least I can fight
(got my iphone on airplane mode at all time)

I;ve tried it with the installed version of my itunes, didnt work no driver.
Uninstalled all apple software listed on apples tut, rebooted and reinstalled a lower version itunes.
didnt find a driver so i downloaded the driver fix from taig's site .
Jailbrake started , it got to 20% and after a loooooooooooooong wait my phone restarted.
after the 5th restart i got errror 1101.

Try 2:
Removing the downgraded itunes and re-install the latest version to try it on there.
after removing and rebooting all etc it didnt find a driver with the latest version either.
installed the driver fix and again after 20% and 5 reboots it errorcoded me.

Try3
Removing every shitty little thing from apple using revo-uninstaller.
Having done that i re-installed the downgraded version again.
connected my phone and it installed the driver by itself.
starting up taig
20% , 5 restarts FUCKING ERROR CODE AGAIN

WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO?! xD
06-24-2015, 10:19 PM #17
xkoeckiiej
At least I can fight
Originally posted by DAFG20 View Post
Hmm im having problems with cydia when i go on it it says "Network Error" Unable to load (A server with the specified hostname could not be found) anyone knows about this?

Delete the source that's the host thingy
like if it is biteyourapple , delete that source
you can re-install it later on
06-25-2015, 01:04 AM #18
xTc
[MOVE]Hello[/MOVE]
Originally posted by Alt View Post
Beat me to it! Sal

Guess I'll download this on my Windows computer and give it ago!

Thanks Pixie..

Edit -

Some users have found that they're getting stuck at 20%-30% while running the jailbreak tool. Apparently a workaround for this issue is to downgrade iTunes to version 12.0.1 and putting your iDevice into Airplane mode.

So to downgrade iTunes to version 12.0.1, you have to completely remove your current version of iTunes and you can do this byYou must login or register to view this content..

Once you've removed your current iTunes version, reboot your computer. Then download iTunes version 12.0.1 from You must login or register to view this content. or another place if you wish.. Select 32-bit/64-bit accordingly.

Did what you said and still stuck on 20%
06-25-2015, 01:35 AM #19
Azus
Little One
Originally posted by Kunt View Post
Did what you said and still stuck on 20%

you need to remove iTunes and all of it's related components (Bonjour, Apple Software Update, Apple Mobile Device Support, and Apple Application Support), then navigate to your Music folder and delete the iTunes folder within it, then restart your PC & install iTunes 12.0.1

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo