06-23-2015, 12:13 PM #1
Pixie Lott
Keep it MeLLo
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

A jailbreak has been released for iOS 8.3 by the TaiG team. This jailbreak supports iOS 8.1.3 through iOS 8.3 and is Windows only.

The tool, which is dubbed TaiG 2.0, can be downloaded.

This release is quite interesting, since it was thought that the Pangu team would be the one to release a jailbreak for iOS 8.3 and TaiG would focus on iOS 9. That, obviously, is no longer the case.

Keep in mind that lots of things still need to be updated for iOS 8.3, including Cydia Substrate. Thus, support is limited with regard to jailbreak tweaks and apps.

I just wan't to make sure everyone reads the help section on their website.

Since Cydia Substrate (Mobile Substrate) is not compatible of iOS 8.2,8.3, some plug-ins are not available after the jailbreak. Please wait patiently for its update.

Please be patient before instantly jumping to the latest update and please refrain from posting here as the developers will know about this.

Direct Link to the tool ( Newest Version 2.1.3 - You must login or register to view this content.

WINDOWS ONLY ATM

FAQ

FAQ 1: "do I have to restore my firmware if I did an 8.3 OTA?" No

FAQ 2: "Is this a safe jailbreak?" Yes! it has been confirmed by MuscleNerd and is currently being decompiled by iH8sn0w

FAQ 3: "Why aren't my tweaks working?" Mobile Substrate (the core of a functional jailbreak experience) and Cydia have not been updated prior to this release. Hang tight and usually within 24 hours Saurik (the Cydia creator and maintainer) will have a quick fix

FAQ 4: "What is 3kAssistant 2.3.0 and do I need it?" 3kAssistant is an app much like the Appstore that Chinese users can get with a jailbreak. If you do not speak Chinese or live in China (among other places) it is recommended that you UNCHECK this box when downloading. Your goal is to acquire Cydia and gaining root access when jailbreaking; this app is not vital to that process.
Last edited by Pixie Lott ; 06-29-2015 at 04:29 AM.

The following 29 users say thank you to Pixie Lott for this useful post:

Alt, Hammy, AJ, AppleJackSmith, Azus, Dog88Christian, donskrillah, Eddie-Lucas, Fantasy Gam3r, Jimmy, Justin, KL9, MODZ4FUN420, Mr Grumpy, nimrobalgit, Darth Saul, primetime43, RTE, Taylor, TheBlackHand, thelamenoob, Ciri, wardy, WhyUMadKid, SiNNER, yan88
06-23-2015, 04:54 PM #2
Alt
Banned
Beat me to it! Sal

Guess I'll download this on my Windows computer and give it ago!

Thanks Pixie..

Edit -

Some users have found that they're getting stuck at 20%-30% while running the jailbreak tool. Apparently a workaround for this issue is to downgrade iTunes to version 12.0.1 and putting your iDevice into Airplane mode.

So to downgrade iTunes to version 12.0.1, you have to completely remove your current version of iTunes and you can do this byYou must login or register to view this content..

Once you've removed your current iTunes version, reboot your computer. Then download iTunes version 12.0.1 from You must login or register to view this content. or another place if you wish.. Select 32-bit/64-bit accordingly.
Last edited by Alt ; 06-23-2015 at 07:02 PM.

The following 3 users say thank you to Alt for this useful post:

-SuperMan, Justin, KL9
06-23-2015, 08:21 PM #3
Thanks for this pixie, now I have a reason to update to iOS 8.3 Them feels
06-23-2015, 08:42 PM #4
Alt
Banned
Originally posted by Panther View Post
Thanks for this pixie, now I have a reason to update to iOS 8.3 Them feels

Think of the smileys! Tustin
06-23-2015, 09:47 PM #5
Originally posted by Alt View Post
Think of the smileys! Tustin

Black Santa never comes to my house Sal
06-24-2015, 01:32 AM #6
Justin
Juzzy Dee Music
This is awesome news! Considering rejailbreaking my iPod but might wait a little bit to see how well this runs for others Smile
06-24-2015, 09:31 AM #7
I jailbroke my iPhone 6 an hour ago.
Cydia properly installed.
But when I download apps. None show up on my main screen or in my settings app. Anyone have that issue??
06-24-2015, 12:30 PM #8
Pixie Lott
Keep it MeLLo
Originally posted by TheBlackHand View Post
I jailbroke my iPhone 6 an hour ago.
Cydia properly installed.
But when I download apps. None show up on my main screen or in my settings app. Anyone have that issue??

Did you even read the thread :|

FAQ 3: "Why aren't my tweaks working?" Mobile Substrate (the core of a functional jailbreak experience) and Cydia have not been updated prior to this release. Hang tight and usually within 24 hours Saurik (the Cydia creator and maintainer) will have a quick fix
06-24-2015, 12:32 PM #9
Esker
Samurai Poster
finally!!!!!!!!!!!
06-24-2015, 12:34 PM #10
Originally posted by Pixie
Did you even read the thread :|

Sorry it was like 4:30 in the morning when I did it lol half asleep. Will read more into next time Smile

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo