Post: Die Rise: The slide to death and the slopes to oblivion >.>
02-03-2013, 09:08 AM #1
Rurneth
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So after playing Die Rise for a while and gotten the map plotted in my head now, there's still something I'm trying to figure out: how not to get killed by the slide and slope!

The slide is what you use that takes you right in front of the mystery box's first spawn point.

The slope is where the Galvaknuckles are, it's the very last slope I'm talking about that drops you on to another slope which drops you in front of the AN-94.

Now the slide I never had a problem with, but when me and my friends did the Easter egg 2 days ago, 1 of my friends went to hit the mystery box, then suddenly he died, at first I thought he got hit by a zombie a couple times then took the fall damage from falling off the slide. He said that the slide took him to the pit and killed him. I still didn't believe him, I assumed he was talking about somewhere else, then sure enough later that game, it happened to me!
And I've had it happen a few times.

I dunno if the slide has a mechanic, I'm guessing that it can be used a certain number of times, then the next time will kill you then it'll reset again? I dunno.
But, jinx touch wood, the solution so far is I've kept spamming jump, just incase, it's not going to hurt to press 1 button for caution sake, it's worked so far, but if it kills me and I've been spamming jump, I'll post it here.

Now, the slope, this is the long elevator shaft you drop down through to get Galvaknuckles and the AN-94, the part I'm talking about is the double slope right at the end, the 2nd slope is what leads you to the AN-94. I would say this has happened only a few times, but when you got 6 perks, 2 pack a punched guns and the Sliquifier, it's a few times too many.
What happens, rather than a fast motion of bumping on 1 slope, then the other, then being thrown into the AN-94 room, you'll land on the first slope, then rather sliding on the 2nd slope, you hit it and instantly go down.

I've only just done this once, but obviously I will test it until it kills me again, I just walk off the last slope and it didn't down me, I'm gonna just walk off that ledge from now on see if it helps.

I dunno if anyone else has experienced this, or had any other problems with the structure of the map, but if so please post here and let others know, it's getting annoying getting yourself set up for high rounds when your killed because the game decides to kill you ~.~
02-09-2013, 08:11 PM #11
xScreamo!
Trading Kids For Angel Dust
LOL That guy got a Ray Gun, I bet he was feeling extra happy then he died LOL! Must be the most shittiest feeling in the world
02-09-2013, 10:09 PM #12
jo2305
▲ ▲ №Өβ ▲ ▲
I think that's how the map is supposed to work. I remember hearing somewhere that Die Rise 'evolves', that is to say that the map is constantly changing, so what you think is set in stone (like a slide taking you down somewhere without breaking or killing you) might not always be. It's supposed to make it harder, not really to piss you off.
Otherwise, it might be a stupid glitch, which is something this game is overflowing with.
Personally I rather dislike this map, it's almost too difficult to be enjoyable at times. I guess you could say that I'm already waiting for the next map pack, haha.
02-12-2013, 05:44 AM #13
I personally enjoy this map! This map has so many cool tricks and jumps! This map put a whole new meaning to zombies
02-12-2013, 07:54 AM #14
Rurneth
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by M0LDY
I personally enjoy this map! This map has so many cool tricks and jumps! This map put a whole new meaning to zombies

Have to agree with you, next to Shangri La, this is one of my favourite maps because until you get yourself set up with perks, Sliquifier etc etc, it's quite challenging.
Those elevators screw people over in later rounds, there's no way you can make a full recovery after going down because you have to rely on the lifts to take you up to get your perks again.
You know it's a good map because 9/10 people rage quit because they STILL haven't figured out the lay out of the map! XD
02-13-2013, 09:19 AM #15
Rurneth
Do a barrel roll!
Yeah, well I'm always grabbing The Sliquifier every game I play, on a rare occasion I haven't and providing someone hasn't rage quit like they always do, I use the steam trample to get to the box so I avoid using the slide at all, it's just not worth the risk lol
02-14-2013, 06:22 AM #16
I personally do not like the Sliquifier! I can understand why people are rage quiting! People just need to learn all the tricks! I learned that you can fall down one of the every top elevator shafts, spam A or X and grab the entrance for the sewing room floor! (You dont die!) There are also so many extra jumps! Jumping to the top of the power building from the spawn building? Yepp you can!
02-14-2013, 08:14 AM #17
Rurneth
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by M0LDY
I personally do not like the Sliquifier! I can understand why people are rage quiting! People just need to learn all the tricks! I learned that you can fall down one of the every top elevator shafts, spam A or X and grab the entrance for the sewing room floor! (You dont die!) There are also so many extra jumps! Jumping to the top of the power building from the spawn building? Yepp you can!

Yup there's loads this map and I love it!
But as I said, the Sliquifier (or those that actually know how to use it, the Virus gun,) is just incredible, to wipe out a whole train with 1 shot is something that gets you through high rounds since lack of ammunition is your biggest threat.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo