11-09-2012, 10:18 AM #1
xLew--
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); can someone with the game have a quick look in the settings please and see what settings we have and see if we can fine tune the audio like in the first black ops?

any one else want the old style
audiosettings like in black ops?

mw3 sound settings were abit basic, literally just volume and no fine tuning.

personally i dont want to hear the music when we have 1 minute left etc just interupts the game. i just want to hear ingame sounds thats all.

anyone else hope this will come back with black ops 2? or does anyone know or have seen the settings menu?

EDIT:

heres the audio settings!

You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by xLew-- ; 11-09-2012 at 10:46 AM. Reason: added picture

The following 3 users say thank you to xLew-- for this useful post:

Porter_Justice, SuperGamecube64, Xion7200
11-09-2012, 10:24 AM #2
Dman93
Crawl to your cross
Originally posted by xLew
can someone with the game have a quick look in the settings please and see what settings we have and see if we can fine tune the audio like in the first black ops?

personally i dont want to hear the music when we have 1 minute left etc just interupts the game. i just want to hear ingame sounds thats all.

anyone else hope this will come back with black ops 2? or does anyone know or have seen the settings menu?

You can turn it down seen it on vonderhaars live stream the other night and the sound it done for competitive play so I am sure it will be good. Plus it's the first cod where I seen Dolby digital on start up.
11-09-2012, 10:25 AM #3
Xion7200
Pokemon Trainer
can someone with the game have a quick look in the settings please and see what settings we have and see if we can fine tune the audio like in the first black ops?

I agree, fine tuning would be great in this COD! Always use my headset so sounds are very important.

The following user thanked Xion7200 for this useful post:

xLew--
11-09-2012, 10:26 AM #4
xLew--
Former Staff
thats good then, all i wanna hear is people trying to creep up on me not a shitty soundtrack, anyone got a link to any videos showing the sound settings? i wana have a quick look
11-09-2012, 10:32 AM #5
Dman93
Crawl to your cross
thats good then, all i wanna hear is people trying to creep up on me not a shitty soundtrack, anyone got a link to any videos showing the sound settings? i wana have a quick look

Here You must login or register to view this content.

The following 4 users say thank you to Dman93 for this useful post:

Porter_Justice, Stone, Xion7200, xLew--
11-09-2012, 10:33 AM #6
xLew--
Former Staff
ahhh lovely! cheers mate
11-09-2012, 10:40 AM #7
Xion7200
Pokemon Trainer
Originally posted by Dman93 View Post
Here You must login or register to view this content.

B-E-A-UTIFUL!

I did a quick search and came up with these results;

"If you guys remember from the MP reveal trailer, at the beginning, there is a guy walking and you can hear is footsteps clearly. From what I've gathered from the settings, there is a headphones mode, similar to Black Ops, there is an option to turn down the music volume, which I am happy has returned, and there is also a "Hearing Impaired" option which might make the sound louder or enhance it in some way for hearing impaired people to be able to hear the game better. If a normal person was to utilize this option, would they be able to hear the game better? Anyways, from what I can tell, this game is going to be awesome for sound-whoring."
11-09-2012, 10:44 AM #8
Dman93
Crawl to your cross
Originally posted by Xion7200 View Post
B-E-A-UTIFUL!

I did a quick search and came up with these results;

"If you guys remember from the MP reveal trailer, at the beginning, there is a guy walking and you can hear is footsteps clearly. From what I've gathered from the settings, there is a headphones mode, similar to Black Ops, there is an option to turn down the music volume, which I am happy has returned, and there is also a "Hearing Impaired" option which might make the sound louder or enhance it in some way for hearing impaired people to be able to hear the game better. If a normal person was to utilize this option, would they be able to hear the game better? Anyways, from what I can tell, this game is going to be awesome for sound-whoring."

If you type it in black ops 2 has a new sound system an "Enhanced" one. As I said it's done for competitive that means it's made for headsets. Should be good with my a40s Happy
11-09-2012, 10:48 AM #9
Hickey
League Champion
On bops 1 I had all mine on like 4 bar extra sfx, so I could soundnwhore like a pro with astros Smile
11-09-2012, 07:24 PM #10
Porter_Justice
Cake is a lie
Where has this thread been all my life, YES! Soundwhoring FTW!!!

Admittedly, I have the Official PS3 headset but hey it's still better than the TV haha. Black Ops 1 audio still sounded great with Ninja Pro. And Dead Silence + Awareness sounds like Ninja Pro from Black Ops 1 or Sitrep Pro + Dead Silence in MW3. Nice! I remember them mentioning guns sound different depending on the player's surrounds too.

Black Ops 1 also had better character voice usage. Meaning you could easily tell if the person near you was friendly or enemy based off his accent. MW3 didn't seem to have that feature. Being able to distinguish an enemy or friendly based off him speaking while reloading, planting claymores, throwing nades, etc was very helpful in sound whoring...And that's when I didn't have a headset.
Last edited by Porter_Justice ; 11-09-2012 at 07:34 PM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo