Post: (XBOX) Anybody From The US Want To Play For $1million?
02-01-2013, 06:38 PM #1
TheManDavid
Your mother!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I don't know if you guys have seen it yet or not but, CoD is hosting an actual tournament for a share of $1million. Now, I'm VERY serious about this because for quite some time now, I've been wanting to try to get into competitive CoD stuff. You see, I won my local Gamestop's BOps 2 midnight release tournament and ever since then, I've been trying to get into more things like that. It's hard getting yourself out there though.

What I'm trying to say is, if 3 people are as serious as I am about this kind of stuff, please message me on XBOX. My GT is the same as my username. Here's the video for more information:

PLEASE don't come in here and start flaming. This isn't my main goal in life but everyone on this site has a goal/passion in life and you're supposed to ALWAYS keep going to achieve it no matter how hard things get. Always keep your head up and don't let anyone tell you cant do something.

Update:
Here's my thread I created about what I won for the Gamestop tourney. It's not much but I just wanted to show you guys. You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by TheManDavid ; 02-01-2013 at 06:50 PM.
02-01-2013, 07:00 PM #2
Porter_Justice
Cake is a lie
Good look man and don't let worry about anyone hating on you doing this. $1 million is $1million and I'd join a damn Chicken McNugget eating contest in the desert with no water for the chance let alone play a video game that we all play all the time for free anyway.

The following 2 users say thank you to Porter_Justice for this useful post:

shumph08, TheManDavid
02-01-2013, 07:33 PM #3
Hickey
League Champion
No offence but Im sure the likes of optic complexity envy us Will be in this, good luck trying to beat a pro team you'll probs need more practise with a team than 3-4 months

The following 3 users say thank you to Hickey for this useful post:

IvanTheTerrible, Porter_Justice, TheManDavid
02-01-2013, 07:58 PM #4
Rath
Today Will Be Different
Good luck dude. I can guarantee that you will be playing against some of the best MLG teams out there. If only I had a sexbox... :cry:

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

Originally posted by Hickey View Post
No offence but Im sure the likes of optic complexity envy us Will be in this, good luck trying to beat a pro team you'll probs need more practise with a team than 3-4 months

Honestly you'd be surprised... you could learn routes, tactics and really good strategies in less than a week. You would just have to play private match with the same people constantly. Me and a couple friends did something similar on Mw3 and we did a couple GBs against some really good teams and won. Then obviously when you go into pubs you just dominate teams.

With that said I'm sure with devotion it could be done within 3-4 months. Anywhere near some of the top MLG teams... who knows.
02-01-2013, 09:01 PM #5
Hickey
League Champion
Originally posted by RathHavoc View Post
Good luck dude. I can guarantee that you will be playing against some of the best MLG teams out there. If only I had a sexbox... :cry:

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

Honestly you'd be surprised... you could learn routes, tactics and really good strategies in less than a week. You would just have to play private match with the same people constantly. Me and a couple friends did something similar on Mw3 and we did a couple GBs against some really good teams and won. Then obviously when you go into pubs you just dominate teams.

With that said I'm sure with devotion it could be done within 3-4 months. Anywhere near some of the top MLG teams... who knows.

Possibly yh it can be done, but these guys are pros for a reason, they have devoted to becoming the best and they play alot, if it's LAN again that's where these guys dominate, but anyway good luck for anyone who's trying this
Last edited by Hickey ; 02-01-2013 at 09:05 PM.

The following user thanked Hickey for this useful post:

Rath
02-01-2013, 10:25 PM #6
BongCommander
Bounty hunter
Do you have a team or are you still looking ?
02-02-2013, 05:53 AM #7
72ain
Gym leader
sounds interesting .. are you still going through with this?
02-02-2013, 01:30 PM #8
Wondoh
Former Staff
All I can say is good luck, I was at a small tournament yesterday and we came 2nd.
We lost to a team full of EU champions, and some of the best players!
Unless you play competive gaming, you will not stand a chance.

On a side note, we did beat Proph Shane (runner up of the COD XP tournament)
02-02-2013, 01:33 PM #9
HomelandSec
League Champion
Goodluck with your team, I was there in CODXP and it was quite exciting.
02-02-2013, 05:17 PM #10
iloveyou2
Little One
3 months is plenty of time. Find a good team with good accuracy who uses scuf co t rollers that can camp and rush. Then learn ALL the head glitch spots on the map and the small things like running in a match with a certain class and switching out when you need to and you will be able to match the top teams. It's all about learning the grenade spots, head glitch spots and the routes and how to surprise your opponent team. The BIGGEST THING is team chemistry. Build that and you'll win that million.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo