Post: Why Call of Duty: Black Ops can kick Modern Warfare 2’s ass
05-04-2010, 09:05 PM #1
iAce
Gym leader
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

Modern Warfare 2 might have enjoyed the biggest entertainment launch of all time (Yeah, profitability!), but it didn’t please everyone. While Activision suits achieved epic boners staring at opening sales pie charts, the rest of us were sifting through a story with more holes than a sieve and a borderline broken multiplayer.

Black Ops can fix Modern Warfare’s online problems

I know it. You know it. That dude your third cousin occasionally hangs out with at parties definitely knows it. MW 2’s kill streak system is bust like Owen Wilson’s hooter. With attack helicopters soon chaining into tactical nukes, it gives certain players an unattainable advantage. In short, it’s horribly unbalanced.

Above: "Would you kindly... scrap the bastard tactical nukes?"
While Treyarch’s last COD (World at War) pretty much just copied the blueprint set by the original Modern Warfare, we suspect Treyarch will have the sense to fix its sequel’s online mistakes. I expect the game to have dense jungle environments (Vietnam) and sunny Caribbean climates (Cuba), too. And these could potentially provide the multiplayer maps with an interesting blend of ultra tense claustrophobic locations, where sneaky stealth kills rule, complimented with some good old fashioned homicidal fun in the sun.

It’ll hopefully craft a more coherent story than MW2

Treyarch doesn’t have to pen a Pulitzer Prize-winning script. All it has to do is create a campaign that doesn’t have a story with as many holes as a sieve. I'm not saying MW2’s single-player wasn’t awesome (it was, and then some). But the confusing, logic-leaping plot was a huge letdown that no amount of Captain Price face fuzz could save.
Above: Seriously, a sieve
In contrast, WaW’s story was definitely less bombastic and exciting, but at least its simple plot made more sense. Although, admittedly, it was pretty much dragged to the finish line by Kiefer Sutherland shouting loads and Gary Oldman hamming up a Ruskie accent that world curdle the Kremlin’s strongest vodka.
Still, Treyarch has a history of pulling in some heavyweight acting talent. And coupled with the potential the Cold War setting has to be emotionally jarring (Metal Gear Solid 3 is a total tear jerker), we’re hopeful Black Ops’ story will trump MW2.

Vietcong Zombies !FTW
!

F*ck yes!
Above: Correction. F*ck yes to the power of fourteen billion

Sources:
Digg.com (For some beautiful info)
Google.com (....)
My own collaboration of words.

Please please please rep+/thank
Last edited by iAce ; 05-04-2010 at 09:10 PM.

The following 5 users say thank you to iAce for this useful post:

deJ, I_AM_3PIC, JTRaines92, MsM94, Uk_ViiPeR
05-06-2010, 04:47 PM #11
Ameht!
Dark Knight
Originally posted by Acezakj View Post

Modern Warfare 2 might have enjoyed the biggest entertainment launch of all time (Yeah, profitability!), but it didn’t please everyone. While Activision suits achieved epic boners staring at opening sales pie charts, the rest of us were sifting through a story with more holes than a sieve and a borderline broken multiplayer.

Black Ops can fix Modern Warfare’s online problems

I know it. You know it. That dude your third cousin occasionally hangs out with at parties definitely knows it. MW 2’s kill streak system is bust like Owen Wilson’s hooter. With attack helicopters soon chaining into tactical nukes, it gives certain players an unattainable advantage. In short, it’s horribly unbalanced.

Above: "Would you kindly... scrap the bastard tactical nukes?"
While Treyarch’s last COD (World at War) pretty much just copied the blueprint set by the original Modern Warfare, we suspect Treyarch will have the sense to fix its sequel’s online mistakes. I expect the game to have dense jungle environments (Vietnam) and sunny Caribbean climates (Cuba), too. And these could potentially provide the multiplayer maps with an interesting blend of ultra tense claustrophobic locations, where sneaky stealth kills rule, complimented with some good old fashioned homicidal fun in the sun.

It’ll hopefully craft a more coherent story than MW2

Treyarch doesn’t have to pen a Pulitzer Prize-winning script. All it has to do is create a campaign that doesn’t have a story with as many holes as a sieve. I'm not saying MW2’s single-player wasn’t awesome (it was, and then some). But the confusing, logic-leaping plot was a huge letdown that no amount of Captain Price face fuzz could save.
Above: Seriously, a sieve
In contrast, WaW’s story was definitely less bombastic and exciting, but at least its simple plot made more sense. Although, admittedly, it was pretty much dragged to the finish line by Kiefer Sutherland shouting loads and Gary Oldman hamming up a Ruskie accent that world curdle the Kremlin’s strongest vodka.
Still, Treyarch has a history of pulling in some heavyweight acting talent. And coupled with the potential the Cold War setting has to be emotionally jarring (Metal Gear Solid 3 is a total tear jerker), we’re hopeful Black Ops’ story will trump MW2.

Vietcong Zombies !FTW
!

F*ck yes!
Above: Correction. F*ck yes to the power of fourteen billion

Sources:
Digg.com (For some beautiful info)
Google.com (....)
My own collaboration of words.

Please please please rep+/thank

100 percent my friend
05-06-2010, 05:02 PM #12
de69
Banned
Because it's about the Vietnam War, back in the time Smile
05-06-2010, 10:15 PM #13
DiXiEnOrMoUz28
A.K.A Daboss1288
it would be hard for this to be any worse then mw2...
05-08-2010, 05:10 AM #14
Cali_Killa
Are you high?
it probably will be bette rthan mw2, but cod4 will always be better lol
05-09-2010, 05:01 PM #15
iAce
Gym leader
Thanks for the feed back guys.
05-09-2010, 05:05 PM #16
S e t h
STONED [ON] OFF
nice dude it sounds like it will destroy mw2!!!
05-09-2010, 07:29 PM #17
Finkeh
i iz 1337? No?
this game better destroy Mw2 cause it sucked

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

Originally posted by sharkhunt View Post
it probably will be bette rthan mw2, but cod4 will always be better lol

completely true Smile
05-09-2010, 08:07 PM #18
The Flygerian
Call Me Emeka.
I just hope & pray it will be better!
05-10-2010, 06:23 AM #19
Saucy-_-
Red Wing's For Life!!!
and tryache knows how to actually patch a game right

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.