05-19-2010, 01:49 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Originally I was going to post this on Treyarch's YouTube channel, however it far exceeded the character limit(lol). So here is exactly what I had typed out:

Originally posted by another user
Firstly for the record; yes I know IW made MW2, but that doesn't mean Treyarch can't learn from their mistakes as well as their own.
You devs better read this:
1. Although hit detection for snipers relies heavily on the connection, it must be better all-round than it was in MW2. CoD4 was the best for sniping IMO, WaW 2nd best. Snipers could be 1-shot-kills above the waste to get around this problem.
2. Make the guns have some recoil. Seriously the guns in MW2 take no skill.
3. Stop making over-powered SMGs. In WaW the MP40 was the only gun you would ever see in multiplayer.
4. Take away the ability to sound-whore by muting the sound of footsteps.
While some may disagree with me on this it's not fair that in a 1vs1 situation a guy who had 100$ to spare gets such a huge, unfair advantage. Some of us gamers can't afford headsets.
5. Customization. I've read that you are upping the level of customization, so thank you for listening to the community on this one.
6. Remove the "deaths" & "k/d" from the leaderboards. All people do is brag & camp to heighten their k/d. If all that mattered was kills, you wouldn't have as much a camp-fest of a game.
7. A "Bare Bones" playlist is a must.
8. Limit the amount of kills required for killstreaks to 10 at the absolute max. Killstreaks also provoke camping.
9. Keep the invite system for PS3 as it was in WaW. Trust me, nobody likes how it is in MW2. We would also love the ability to "close" our parties/private games so people don't join in masses. Having said that, the "Join Session" option is very popular amongst me and my friends. Oh and before I forget, an "invite all" option would be very helpful to those of us with 100 friends all playing the game at once.
10. More maps. It might just be me but in every CoD there are less and less maps.
11. Less "camp-y" maps. By this I mean don't make maps that provoke camping. By now you should have realised I hate camping-oriented games. Thus why I'm back to CoD4/WaW and no longer playing MW2.
12. More zombie maps. It's pretty much guaranteed there will be zombies but this time more maps would be nice from the get-go. Fair enough last time you had no idea it would be so popular, but this time there's no excuse for not throwing in a ton of maps.
13. Remove anything even remotely like a noob-tube. Nobody likes them, and people only use them to annoy others.
14. Remove Juggernaut. Totally pointless perk.
15. Remove Deathstreaks. Rewarding people for playing badly can hardly be considered fair. I realise that many think beginners need a helping hand, but they'll never get better if they keep getting said help.
16. Callsigns. Not a big deal but they are pretty cool.
17. Lots and lots and lots of camos. No camos in WaW disappointed me hugely.
18. Keep all the MW2 modes + war from WaW. I don't know whether others liked/disliked war but it was by far my favourite game mode.
19. Change the ground war modes. Nobody... literally nobody likes playing team deathmatch in ground war.
20. Better system to pick a good host. It annoys me how I'm constantly overlooked by some prat who gives everybody a 1-bar connection(whenever I host anybody from Europe with a decent connection gets 4-bars, and that's in Ground War).
21. Less time ranking up. Realistically anybody with a job has no chance getting past 5/6th prestige.
22. Cheaper DLC. I realise Activision have a big input on pricing but MW2 DLC was twice the price it should have been. WaW on the other hand was fine.
23. Stop boosting one way or another. This inlcudes XP boosting & nuke boosting(although I strongly hope there's no nuke in Black Ops).
24. Enhanced customization for private games.
25. Bring back "Old School" game mode. Everyone I know misses it from CoD4.
26. CoD4/WaW-esque maps. Just because there's now texture streaming doesn't mean the maps have to be huge.
27. Shotguns need to be primaries. And they also need to be about the same strength as the SPAS-12 in MW2.
28. No akimbo, please.
29. Knifing like in WaW. So it can only be used as a last resort, not as a primary weapon like you see all too often in MW2.
30. Do not make the vehicles like they are in Battlefield. Because that's the impression I got reading some magazine of which I've forgotten the name.
31. Please for the love of G-d, release a BETA. It's highly necessary. And if you do, make it for all platforms, nobody likes a biased developer.
32. No bouncing bettys. I have no idea if these were in the cold war but if they were, please forget they ever existed and try something a little more noticeable.
33. This is a long shot but the ability to create custom maps on console for private matches would be EPIC!
34. Coloured smoke grenades would be pretty cool, maybe they could differ depending on the setting of the map.
35. Nothing along the lines of a care package, please.
36. A map(s) so dark you require night vision(I have no idea if this was around in the cold war either).
37. No shellshock from artillery/airstrike(s). It's very annoying, especially if it's a teammate's air support.
38. A perk suggestion I read somewhere, quite good: Ghillie suit (for your player); Pro: Ghillie camo for your weapons. Also if this was on you could customize the tone(color) of your ghillie suit ever so slightly e.g. from light green to dark green.
39. Coloured classes. People always find a way to hack and do it, so just let us have it.
40. No boot camp. It didn't work last time, and it won't work now.
41. Find some way of preventing drop-shotting. It's a try-hard technique that only works because while the guy is dropping none of your bullets hit him.
42. No over-powered secondaries. Keep it as just you, your primary, your pistol and your knife as a last resort.
43. Keep the "Game-Winning-Kill" from MW2. It's pointless but pretty cool.
44. Colorful clan tag code things. They were also pointless but also pretty cool. And then if you choose to remove them please at least tell us why.
45. Don't tire our systems out. Many people I know have noticed their PS3s/360s getting extremely loud when playing MW2. Now I don't understand why it does this, but if your system starts making loud noises it's normal to be concerned.
46. Quad Bikes. These may be from Battlefield's mutliplayer but they're very helpful for getting around. These would need to be removed for modes like SnD though.
47. Less pointless attachments. You don't need RDS & Holographic sight.
48. Don't remove the ability to "Double Y" out of some reload time. Little tricks like this are good in an FPS game.
49. An option somewhere not to join games in progress is a MUST. Everybody hates joining a game where their team is down 440-80.
50. Maybe make matchmaking on consoles in a way that you can search through all the games on a certain map.

Treyarch, if you keep to this 50 suggestions(or at least the important ones) I guarentee to buy your DLC no matter how much Activision overprice it.

Comment on what you think! Happy

P.S. I thought this deserved it's own thread, as it's a LOT of suggestions and I wanted to link Treyarch to it directly.
Last edited by Clutch Hunterr ; 05-20-2010 at 09:15 AM.

The following 4 users say thank you to Clutch Hunterr for this useful post:

Octavia, Temphaa, tykmerc, xXHardyKingXx
05-21-2010, 11:27 AM #20
bmxdude9
Million Miles Of Fun!
I must agree with pretty much all of them, very nice.
05-21-2010, 12:23 PM #21
some of these are just bs just because you cant do them like taking out sound whoring and drop shotting
05-21-2010, 06:30 PM #22
Originally posted by xFuSioNz View Post
No I'm not, why did you assume I was? :cry:

Oh. Eek Well people that are Jewish and really religious in my school put a dash for the "o" in God.
05-21-2010, 06:38 PM #23
Originally posted by Travis
Oh. Eek Well people that are Jewish and really religious in my school put a dash for the "o" in God.

I believe in G-d, but I'm not Jewish. I still put the dash there though Smile
05-21-2010, 10:45 PM #24
Adrian.
PLAYING HALO 4 NIGGA
REMOVE playing time. All it does is give people a reason to shit on you by saying WOW YOU HAVE NO LIFE YOU HAVE 10 DAYS PLAYED ALREADY!!! like honestly who cares about playing time. Theres really no point in having it.
05-21-2010, 11:58 PM #25
Mateen
pretty chill guy
Sound whoring is awesome. Use Ninja/dead silence problem solved.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo