05-23-2010, 04:13 AM #1
I_AM_3PIC
You talkin to me?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); In the next few hours, community members from different sites will be heading to Treyarch studio's and will be able to give their own hands-on opinion of what they were shown.

What will they be shown? Will they be playing the game? Your guess is just as good as mine right now. All we know is that in 3 hours or so they will be previewing the game as well as asking the developers questions.

You're probably thinking that this will be pointless considering they will likely be shown the same stuff that the press were recently shown, right? We may not get much new information (if any at all) but we should be excited to hear the opinions directly from community members as well as for them to ask the questions that the community want answered. This is far different from a press event.

Treyarch's community manager, @JD_2020 », has set up a Twitter list showing each community member that will be attending. We suggest you follow this "First Look 2010 »" list to keep up to date with their opinions, images and answers to the questions that they asked.

I will update this article with any new information that comes out of the event as well as the questions that were answered. Therefore we suggest that you keep checking back on this article!

[UPDATE] The event started a few hours ago and none of the attendees have tweeted, until now. WePlayCoD » is the first to speak since the event began. They described how epic the game is and also confirmed a Barebones playlist! This playlist removes killstreaks and perks as well as many other features. We can also confirm that they are under a NDA till 28th May, this means they can't talk about anything till then, obviously telling us that there will be some new information no matter how small or big.

So far #CoDBlackOps looks to be EPIC like you've never seen! Still being crammed with info. PS- Barebones. #WPC ~ WePlayCoD

[UPDATE] The event is now over and although we won't get any information till 6 days, the community members certainly seem excited by what they were shown and told. They describe the game as "epic" and they "can't wait" to be able to give their impressions, new information and answers to the questions on the 28th May.

But just as the event ended, Zombie fanatic Carbonfibah » received a silver case from a unknown man who ran away once he delivered it. The case is marked with the GKNOVA6 logo on the outside and the contents within include CIA book, documents, bullet casings and more. We're not sure on what this all means just yet but Carbon is a enthusiast when it comes to solving the GKNOVA6 » mysteries. Him and his crew at CoDz » have been hard at work on GKNOVA6 since the first transmission, which is 100% confirmed to be Call of Duty: Black Ops related.

Treyarch's community manager, Josh Olin » has stated that he will be heading to London next, therefore we assume that there will also be more press coverage coming in the next few weeks.

Have you heard? #CoDBlackOps will blow...you...away. The complete entertainment package drops in 170 days. #WPC ~ WePlayCoD

This information was found on modernwarfare247 and i take no credit for it. (i did edit a little bit but i promise you its not mine)

[UPDATE] Sorry for the misinterpretation as it seems Barebones is not officially confirmed. Here is what WePlayCoD has told us.

Let me make it clear that by my mention of Barebones, I was in no way confirming that game mode. I simply mentioned that due to Vahn (Treyarch MP designer) eluding to that mode recently on the official forums.

While he did say that it would be quite easy to give us a mode with perks/killstreaks removed, nothing is confirmed and much time is left for things to change. ~ WePlayCoD
Last edited by I_AM_3PIC ; 05-26-2010 at 08:47 PM.

The following 12 users say thank you to I_AM_3PIC for this useful post:

Baron Praxiz, bertieboy7, bmxrcodol04, Comic Book Guy, Curt, Fayez, gamekilla, Lydey, ResistElite,, S e t h, star692640, Steve
05-23-2010, 04:35 AM #2
FuzzaMuzza
NGU Master
wow... i just can't wait for this game... hope it's better than MW2
05-23-2010, 04:38 AM #3
I_AM_3PIC
You talkin to me?
Im really excited for barebones playlist
05-23-2010, 05:08 AM #4
Mateen
pretty chill guy
May 28th 9am est is when they can release info...cant wait
05-23-2010, 05:09 AM #5
Jhawins
Gym leader
Barebones will be nice I think.
05-23-2010, 05:11 AM #6
I_AM_3PIC
You talkin to me?
Originally posted by jhawkins View Post
Barebones will be nice I think.
There could also be major boosters here too just looking for kills. that way they dont have to use cold blooded
05-23-2010, 05:17 AM #7
Jhawins
Gym leader
True...that would suck boostings for fags
05-23-2010, 05:23 AM #8
I_AM_3PIC
You talkin to me?
i dont mind boosting if its not a killing game mode like TDM, FFA, etc. but otherwise it dont bother me
05-23-2010, 05:55 AM #9
-Lazy-
i hope the take away tactical insertion commando and nuke to prevent boosters and campers
05-23-2010, 06:06 AM #10
Criptus
< ^ > < ^ >
Lol at "Have you heard? #CoDBlackOps will blow...you...away. "

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo