05-26-2010, 01:31 PM #1
Ben Murray
I am error
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So Call of Duty: Black Ops is the next installment in this celebrated franchise we love. Many of you are excited, and rightfully so. Many others, however, are skeptical or turned off to the idea due to the game being a Treyarch product. I'm here to tell you - give Treyarch another chance.

In Treyarch We Trust

Like many of you, I bought World At War while I was still feeling the nice buzz CoSad Awesome4 Modern Warfare was giving me one year after release. I was expecting something grand and amazing; a Modern Warfare "killer." Due to this mindset, I shut out many of the positive aspects of the game almost entirely. So as you read this, know that I was not a huge fan of Treyarch's World At War at the time, but I've come to realize that Treyarch is the only studio that can save Call of Duty.

Call of Duty Franchise

Call of Duty is a yearly series, each game taking two years to develop, ensuring quality and polish. With Infinity Ward and Treyarch alternating years, Treyarch has always been in the shadows, stuck struggling in a match of follow the leader. I'm sure most of you may have forgotten, but Call of Duty 3 was created in 1 year (compared to the usual 2) while utilizing a new proprietary game engine that moved away from the staple Quake engine that was behind the previous games. Treyarch even added some features such as tossing back grenades, which was used by Infinity Ward in their following release. For as much as people put down Call of Duty 3 for not being as great as Call of Duty 2 by Infinity Ward, they forget that Activision told Treyarch to make this game while given many restrictions such as time, and creating a proprietary engine.

More recently we have World At War which started production immediately after the release of Call of Duty 3, meaning Treyarch was halfway through development when Infinity Ward's Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare was released and saw massive success after taking a huge risk that could've potentially drowned them. Treyarch was once again put in a tight spot, forced to completely re-vamp their halfway completed World War II game in order to pursue the continuity of the Call of Duty series with the addition of perks and killstreaks. Even then, Treyarch went above and beyond their call of duty (pun intended), listening to fan feedback from Modern Warfare and innovating features for World At War that were "stolen" by Infinity Ward for Modern Warfare 2. If you don't remember these features, I'll point them out for you:

* Extended Mags attachment for guns
* Reduction of Frags x3
* Highlighting your party members' arrow color on the HUD
* Sticky Grenades
* Custom Classes for Prestiging
* Killstreak chain prevention after death so dying won't earn you a new killstreak faster
* Killstreak banking, making sure you can use what you earn without losing previous killstreaks

All of these features started in Treyarch's World At War and were utilized by Infinity Ward for Modern Warfare 2. Considering the restrictions which have kept them from making a unique and polished experience that we've been expecting, Treyarch has done a damn good job at pleasing the fans, taking any criticism to heart, and improving their work as fast as possible to give the players a workable and highly enjoyable experience. Take for instance these amazing innovations to the Call of Duty Multiplayer experience that were expected (and not delivered) in Modern Warfare 2:

* Online website with in-depth player stat tracking
* Scaling "assist EXP" by how much damage you did
* K/D Ratio tracking against your match nemesi
* Lobby Leaderboards which were handy for finding out the 1st prestige player has played twice as long as the 10th prestige player
* Bootcamp playlist allowing the new players to become accustomed with the game and maps
* Local Only connection preference for Matchmaking
* Free DLC (Makin Day map)
* Leaderboard tracking by Match Type
* Scoring points for destroying killstreaks which counted towards the Match score
* Aim Assist toggle feature to turn off the assist
* Nazi Zombie mode

It makes you wonder if we're going back in time with Modern Warfare 2 with the absence of these integral parts to the online multiplayer. Fans as a whole have commended IW so much and reprimand Treyarch for their downfalls when IW isn't free from fault either. Let's investigate that.

When Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare saw its release in November of 2007, it was a surprising success. IW redefined the Call of Duty franchise into something groundbreaking and exciting. Unfortunately, while Modern Warfare 2 achieved critical acclaim and record-breaking sales, the dedicated fans were pushed aside in favor of the casual market; all for the money. High off the cash from Call of Duty 4, IW developed a monumental ego that was only exceeded by what some consider is a failure to deliver a polished game. This lack of fan support came in the form of the removal of Dedicated Servers, not having an online Beta before release, ignoring concerns over lag in matchmaking with a lack of search preferences, a slew of game-breaking glitches, and catering maps to "camping" which has been a continuing annoyance in the community. Beyond these initial problems, IW Forums, MW24/7 forums, and others have been blowing up since the game's release with complaints that never seem to be addressed or solved. There are waves of fans considering this "the last straw" and have sworn to never purchase another Infinity Ward title. This also looking more likely due to the studio's recent problems with Activision, and the absence of over half the original staff.

You may be thinking of giving up on the Call of Duty series due to IW's mistakes, but I implore each and every one of you to give Treyarch a chance to shine. With IW potentially removed from the picture and a full 2 years to focus on developing their game without interruptions, this could be Treyarch's "Modern Warfare" that will put them as the headlining company of the Call of Duty series, and deliver the experience we've been wanting from them. As I've shown you, they have truly helped shape the Call of Duty series into what it is today, even with the many setbacks they've had. Treyarch has already released statements regarding Black Ops that should quell some of the biggest problems fans have regarding the most recent addition to the Call of Duty (Modern Warfare) series such as dedicated servers for the PC players. And with what little we've seen, they've shown that they're still listening to the fans and delivering customizable characters and a more in depth weapon customization. Being so early into the announcement of the title, this is only the tip of the iceberg, and I'm expecting an avalanche of fanservice to those who felt completely ignored and disrespected by the actions of IW and Modern Warfare 2.

I said at the beginning of this article that I believe Treyarch is the only studio that can save the Call of Duty series, and I hope the information above has perhaps swayed you into this belief as well. Treyarch is a seasoned company that not only put much of their time into Call of Duty, but also have such a strong respect for their fans and a desire to deliver a great experience. They may have been overshadowed by Infinity Ward in the past due to many of the stipulations mentioned (some not mentioned) and perhaps the rumored tension between the two companies, but all of that is gone now. Treyarch might end up the king of the franchise with their newest game and lessons learned from Infinity Ward's achievements and massive failures.

Stay tuned, kiddies, this may very well be the best Call of Duty title we've seen yet!

Source:[url]https://blackops.digitalwarfare247.co...yarch-we-trust[/url]

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

hope this helped and gave good info please dont close ~

The following 5 users say thank you to Ben Murray for this useful post:

ꜛ  , BlackHayze, Grodusk, JohnForsyth_1, Shepleklet
05-30-2010, 04:14 PM #11
FrostingDog
Pokemon Trainer
Originally posted by Ben
So Call of Duty: Black Ops is the next installment in this celebrated franchise we love. Many of you are excited, and rightfully so. Many others, however, are skeptical or turned off to the idea due to the game being a Treyarch product. I'm here to tell you - give Treyarch another chance.

In Treyarch We Trust

Like many of you, I bought World At War while I was still feeling the nice buzz CoSad Awesome4 Modern Warfare was giving me one year after release. I was expecting something grand and amazing; a Modern Warfare "killer." Due to this mindset, I shut out many of the positive aspects of the game almost entirely. So as you read this, know that I was not a huge fan of Treyarch's World At War at the time, but I've come to realize that Treyarch is the only studio that can save Call of Duty.

Call of Duty Franchise

Call of Duty is a yearly series, each game taking two years to develop, ensuring quality and polish. With Infinity Ward and Treyarch alternating years, Treyarch has always been in the shadows, stuck struggling in a match of follow the leader. I'm sure most of you may have forgotten, but Call of Duty 3 was created in 1 year (compared to the usual 2) while utilizing a new proprietary game engine that moved away from the staple Quake engine that was behind the previous games. Treyarch even added some features such as tossing back grenades, which was used by Infinity Ward in their following release. For as much as people put down Call of Duty 3 for not being as great as Call of Duty 2 by Infinity Ward, they forget that Activision told Treyarch to make this game while given many restrictions such as time, and creating a proprietary engine.

More recently we have World At War which started production immediately after the release of Call of Duty 3, meaning Treyarch was halfway through development when Infinity Ward's Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare was released and saw massive success after taking a huge risk that could've potentially drowned them. Treyarch was once again put in a tight spot, forced to completely re-vamp their halfway completed World War II game in order to pursue the continuity of the Call of Duty series with the addition of perks and killstreaks. Even then, Treyarch went above and beyond their call of duty (pun intended), listening to fan feedback from Modern Warfare and innovating features for World At War that were "stolen" by Infinity Ward for Modern Warfare 2. If you don't remember these features, I'll point them out for you:

* Extended Mags attachment for guns
* Reduction of Frags x3
* Highlighting your party members' arrow color on the HUD
* Sticky Grenades
* Custom Classes for Prestiging
* Killstreak chain prevention after death so dying won't earn you a new killstreak faster
* Killstreak banking, making sure you can use what you earn without losing previous killstreaks

All of these features started in Treyarch's World At War and were utilized by Infinity Ward for Modern Warfare 2. Considering the restrictions which have kept them from making a unique and polished experience that we've been expecting, Treyarch has done a damn good job at pleasing the fans, taking any criticism to heart, and improving their work as fast as possible to give the players a workable and highly enjoyable experience. Take for instance these amazing innovations to the Call of Duty Multiplayer experience that were expected (and not delivered) in Modern Warfare 2:

* Online website with in-depth player stat tracking
* Scaling "assist EXP" by how much damage you did
* K/D Ratio tracking against your match nemesi
* Lobby Leaderboards which were handy for finding out the 1st prestige player has played twice as long as the 10th prestige player
* Bootcamp playlist allowing the new players to become accustomed with the game and maps
* Local Only connection preference for Matchmaking
* Free DLC (Makin Day map)
* Leaderboard tracking by Match Type
* Scoring points for destroying killstreaks which counted towards the Match score
* Aim Assist toggle feature to turn off the assist
* Nazi Zombie mode

It makes you wonder if we're going back in time with Modern Warfare 2 with the absence of these integral parts to the online multiplayer. Fans as a whole have commended IW so much and reprimand Treyarch for their downfalls when IW isn't free from fault either. Let's investigate that.

When Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare saw its release in November of 2007, it was a surprising success. IW redefined the Call of Duty franchise into something groundbreaking and exciting. Unfortunately, while Modern Warfare 2 achieved critical acclaim and record-breaking sales, the dedicated fans were pushed aside in favor of the casual market; all for the money. High off the cash from Call of Duty 4, IW developed a monumental ego that was only exceeded by what some consider is a failure to deliver a polished game. This lack of fan support came in the form of the removal of Dedicated Servers, not having an online Beta before release, ignoring concerns over lag in matchmaking with a lack of search preferences, a slew of game-breaking glitches, and catering maps to "camping" which has been a continuing annoyance in the community. Beyond these initial problems, IW Forums, MW24/7 forums, and others have been blowing up since the game's release with complaints that never seem to be addressed or solved. There are waves of fans considering this "the last straw" and have sworn to never purchase another Infinity Ward title. This also looking more likely due to the studio's recent problems with Activision, and the absence of over half the original staff.

You may be thinking of giving up on the Call of Duty series due to IW's mistakes, but I implore each and every one of you to give Treyarch a chance to shine. With IW potentially removed from the picture and a full 2 years to focus on developing their game without interruptions, this could be Treyarch's "Modern Warfare" that will put them as the headlining company of the Call of Duty series, and deliver the experience we've been wanting from them. As I've shown you, they have truly helped shape the Call of Duty series into what it is today, even with the many setbacks they've had. Treyarch has already released statements regarding Black Ops that should quell some of the biggest problems fans have regarding the most recent addition to the Call of Duty (Modern Warfare) series such as dedicated servers for the PC players. And with what little we've seen, they've shown that they're still listening to the fans and delivering customizable characters and a more in depth weapon customization. Being so early into the announcement of the title, this is only the tip of the iceberg, and I'm expecting an avalanche of fanservice to those who felt completely ignored and disrespected by the actions of IW and Modern Warfare 2.

I said at the beginning of this article that I believe Treyarch is the only studio that can save the Call of Duty series, and I hope the information above has perhaps swayed you into this belief as well. Treyarch is a seasoned company that not only put much of their time into Call of Duty, but also have such a strong respect for their fans and a desire to deliver a great experience. They may have been overshadowed by Infinity Ward in the past due to many of the stipulations mentioned (some not mentioned) and perhaps the rumored tension between the two companies, but all of that is gone now. Treyarch might end up the king of the franchise with their newest game and lessons learned from Infinity Ward's achievements and massive failures.

Stay tuned, kiddies, this may very well be the best Call of Duty title we've seen yet!

Source:[url]https://blackops.digitalwarfare247.co...yarch-we-trust[/url]

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

hope this helped and gave good info please dont close ~

Nice list. Upside Down Happy
05-30-2010, 06:53 PM #12
I really can't wait until Black OpsSmile
05-30-2010, 07:09 PM #13
Alex-2020
Bounty hunter
everything there is exctaly what i was thinking... even tho i wasent happy about some of the glitchs in W@W like the "dummy glitch" and the dogs couldent kill you and the zombie glitchs, and the over powered MP40 apart from them i was happy with the game really and enjoyed it Smile
05-31-2010, 07:41 AM #14
Xx_SHIELD_xX
Do a barrel roll!
I believe the failures of MW2 are due to Activision being greedy and causing the remaining IW staff not really care about the players. If the former IW employees are making a new company I can't wait to see a game that could potentially be better than the Call of Duty series. I don't want to give up the the series and I do think Black Ops will be a hundred times better than W@W, but with the loss of IW I don't think any CoD game will be as great a game as Call of Duty 4 (I hope I'm wrong though)
05-31-2010, 08:58 AM #15
BloodGlitch
Lv.1 Trustworthy
i believe treyarch will release a strong game like w@w
05-31-2010, 06:32 PM #16
Ben Murray
I am error
yeah i agree treyarch much better game desinger Smile
05-31-2010, 06:55 PM #17
do you think black ops will be good?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.