02-05-2011, 10:24 PM #1
jeffgordon24365
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I'm aware that this thread was made by Reaper: You must login or register to view this content. If you would like to share ideas on how to unban, post here or in this stickied thread:You must login or register to view this content.
But it doesn't explain how your banned. I understand that many of you have been thinking that spoofing the MAC address, wiping your harddrive or changing your IP address will unban you permanently. I hate to break it to you, but your wrong. :carling: Treyarch has banned your Console ID. If you look over to the left, I've made a few pages about why popular theories don't work. EX:Spoofing your MAC address, changing your IP address, wiping your hard drive Theres also a page to explain what the Console ID is and why Treyarch would most likely ban that ID over the rest of their options.

[multipage=MAC Address]
MAC ADDRESS

Your MAC address is built into the networking card in the Playstation. If they were to ban the MAC address, a player could make their PC/Laptop/Mac into a wireless hotspot. If they were to connect their PS3 to said hotspot the MAC address could be masked, otherwise known as spoofed. This would be done with software such as SMAC. You could also use an ethernet cable running from your PC/laptop/Mac to your ps3 and change your settings for wireless to share internet connection. And then change the MAC addres via software like SMAC. A easy way to do it is to just switch from wireless to wired, or vice versa becase each method has its own network card, thus its own MAC address. But, I'm sure this has been tried, and to no avail. So obviously if they wanted to permanently ban someone, Treyarch wouldn't use this method.
[multipage=IP Address]
IP ADDRESS

Well, as a member of this community I'm sure you know very well how to reverse an IP address ban. But I will explain anyway. A proxy server is basically a IP address you can input into your PS3/Internet Browser, etc that handles your requests from other servers. Proxies/IPs are in this format: 111.111.1.1:1111(note: format can vary) Say your ip is 192.168.1.18, if they were to IP ban you they'd use that number. Every time you log in to the server, your IP is available for view. So the server will check to see if that number is on the banned list and if it is, it won't let you do what you were trying to do. In this case, play online on Black Ops. (This is the way it works for MAC addresses and Console IDs) Why would they ban the IP, if it can be changed via a proxy server? Also, restarting your modem/router might change the IP address of deviced attached to it. MAC addresses will always stay the same.
[multipage=Console ID + Why Wiping Your Hard Drive DOESN'T Work]
Console ID + Why Wiping Your Hard Drive DOESN'T Work

Your Console ID is built into your ps3, somewhere in the hardware, but not in the hard drive. Because they are not in the hard drive, you will not get unbanned by wiping the contents of said hard drive. Wiping the hard drive also doesn't affect the IP address or MAC address. If you're train of thought is that when you wipe your hard drive, you delete the black ops patch, thus un-banning you, you are mistaken. The patch has absolutely nothing to do with the Console ID, IP, or MAC address, I suppose it's possible for them to ban a certain element of the patch, but that would mean each patch is unique. If that was the case, you could simply get unbanned by deleting the patch. But, sadly, that's not it, deleting the patch/wiping the hard drive has been tested by many people and has been confirmed to NOT work. Moving on, unlike MAC addresses or IP addresses, Console IDs can't be spoofed or changed. At the moment, banning the Console ID is the best way for Treyarch to actually permanently ban someone. *Note:From here until the "End" tag isn't confirmed and most likely will not work, as the PSID may not be banned, the Console ID is(I included this section because at the time of writing I was a bit confused as to PSID and Console ID)*The only way to change the PSID/Console ID is if the PS3 is jailbroken and on 3.41(maybe 3.55, not confirmed) When/if 3.56-JB comes out, I'm sure a PSID changer(if that would work) will be signed to it. The only problem I can see with this is that you may need a valid PSID/Console ID to access the Playstation Network. If that's the case, then you'd need to find out the PSID/Console ID of someones elses Playstation and swap the IDs, which would be hard to do. Think about it, who would be willing to take the PSID/Console ID of a Playstation that's banned from stuff? (Unless they don't know that your banned :carlingSmile*End*
[multipage=Closing Statements + Temp. Bypass and 3.55 to 3.41 Downgrade]
Well, thanks for your time, I guess and I hope you learned something, ahah. I'm sorry if this has been posted before but I'm sick of all the people blathering on and on about ways to permanently unban yourself. There's one method you can use to get unbanned for 15-20 minutes, it's worth it for double XP weekends or just to play a quick free for all. That can be found here:You must login or register to view this content. If you would like to try using the PSID Changer and your on 3.55 go here:You must login or register to view this content. After you do that, get whatever version of 3.41 CFW you want and do the system update for that(you should know how to do this before you start) Then install this package file from a USB flash drive/hard drive: You must login or register to view this content. And there you go, you can mess around with your PSID all you want. Just make sure to copy down your original one, in case something goes wrong. If you make a mistake and screw up your PS3, it's not my fault. Smile If you have any questions, post it here or PM me and I'll do my best to answer. So far I've answered, or atleast tried to answer a few questions in the thread. So before you ask, skim through the thread and read what has been said. Hey, I'm a poet, and I didn't know it. Happy If enough questions are asked, I'll consider adding a FAQ page. If you do decide to ask, quote one of my posts in the thread, so I get a PM and know to come answer it. And thank you if you thanked this thread. (No, I'm not asking you to, completely up to you Winky Winky)
Note: The method I mentioned to change the MAC address may not work(such as changing the MAC via SMAC) But it doesn't matter because you shouldn't be trying it anyway, even if it successfully changes the MAC address, you won't be unbanned. Also, it is NOT confirmed that PSIDs are what's banned. But it seems likely.

Happy gaming!
:hitman:
(also, you can move this to Black Ops discussion if you feel the need, mods. :P)

[multipage=Frequently Asked Questions(Under Construction)]
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Originally posted by dokeydee View Post
this is a very helpful post, and now I want to try something..
I am still on 3.55 running through bypass and I heard there were tutorials on how to downgrade back to 3.41.

I actually noticed that when I did the 3.50 downgrade a few months ago my PS3 IP address was different when I used blackbox on 3.41 and then 3.55 cfw.

You think this could work?? Just throwin it out there :S

Hm. I doubt it, because the PSID still stays the same(as far as I know) But this might work, if your banned and want to update to 3.56 You must login or register to view this content. Also, you could downgrade to 3.41 and get the PSID editor from somwhere online and try messing with the IDs until one works to unban. If you do this, post the PSID you used somewhere(if it worked) it might be useful for something in the future. (algorithms for a ID generator, etc)

Originally posted by .x View Post
Wasn't the PSID changer available on 3.55 or was I dreaming ?

so, PSID patch v1.0 isn't sign for 3.55?? and second question if i format the ps3, restore file system, delete black ops file and put the 3.56 FW I have unbanned??
Yes, it was available on 3.55 but it didn't work properly.

Originally posted by 94 View Post
That means that if I buy a new ps3 and use my legit account its going to permaban my new console? NOTE:im talking about a LEGIT ACCOUNT NOT a HACKED 15 PRSTG

No, 100% wrong. Probably the only account tied to your ban is the one you did the hack on, and they banned your PSID thus banning all of your accounts, even legit ones. If you buy a new console and use a legit account you'll be 100% fine. As of right now the only known way to get unbanned(not really unbanned considering your original console is still banned) is to do that, get new hardware and go legit/use your old legit account.
Originally posted by xF View Post
Please Answer This!!
Okay so I'm running 3.55 jailbroken. And I got banned. Could I update to 3.56 firmware, and be unban from Black Ops?? Please quote when you answer me

Nope. Whether you update or not, your console ID stays the same, thus keeping you banned.

Originally posted by MARY
Do you know what it is they ban on xbox?

I'd assume there's a similar console ID system in place.
Originally posted by BLuE View Post
Ok i installed THE ps id changer,i am banned and on Cfw 3.55
How does THE ps id work?

The PSID is most likely not banned, but, if you want to try it, you have to input a 32 character code where it says to. But, this has been proven not to work on 3.55 CFW.
Originally posted by Dutch View Post
If its PSID

Step 1: Downgrade
Step 2: Change PSID
Step 3: Go back to 3.55 or 3.56

Well, say it was the PSID, this would be great, but you can't downgrade from 3.56..

Originally posted by xShadow125 View Post
Can you link me to a confirmed working post on downgrade, im not banned, but I would prefer 3.41 jb PS3 as it is safer and has every single package out there signed

If your on 3.55 and have a fat ps3 you could try this You must login or register to view this content. My bad, I misread your previous post and thought you meant that you needed a download link for 3.41. :P (if you can't get into service mode this way you can turn on your ps3 through the little touch button, turn it off via that button, take your finger off and then hold down that button until your ps3 beeps one, twice, and then three times and tells you to plug in a wireless controller. From here you plug in the USB with the firmware you want and click system update then from external drive.)
Originally posted by xF View Post
What will happen if Im on 3.55 jailbreak and I update to 3.56 will I get unbanned from black ops?

Nope. This will not change your console ID.
Originally posted by soul View Post
Ok i have a firmware V3.55 that can run 3.41 stuff even if i could get it to work what id would i be using and how would i put it in? + would Sony ban my psn account using a different id or would they brick my system?

1. You might be able to run PSID changer on 3.55 CFW, but it won't work on 3.55(doesnt matter, PSID probably isnt banned)
2.No, Sony won't brick your system, the PSN ban is questionable.
Originally posted by Gentlemen View Post
Very informative. ~thanks~. Btw, if the ID is banned, then how do console bans work?

I'd assume they work the same way, by console ID.
Originally posted by Gentlemen View Post
Ohh cool thanks again. I didn't know Sony and Treyarch could work together to ban users. Also do you think it would be actually possible to by-pass fully the permanent or console ban ever in the future? I don't exactly know how these things work but it seems like a very hard task.

Bypassing it is doubtful. But they once said the PS3 couldn't be hacked, and look what has happened in the past few months.

This was said by T1M0xT(I can't quote it right)
um no? they didnt ban ur psid mf they banned ur console like it says i can play on one of my ps3s but not both ...
My response: Yeah, they banned your console ID, so each ID is unique, thus you can play on new hardware.

Note: This is incomplete and some parts will be revised and added on to later tomorrow. Thanks for your patience. Read through the thread if you would like further info.

[multipage=Possible Solutions]
POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS

Originally posted by Rainbow
I know its not needed but you can unban yourself by changing your Bluray logic board and motherboard (They have to be a pair though you can't buy them separately) I did this the other day and it unbanned me and it only cost me £50 instead of £250 for a new Ps3. If you want to add it to your thread but it does void warranty.
Last edited by jeffgordon24365 ; 05-20-2011 at 07:10 PM.

The following 39 users say thank you to jeffgordon24365 for this useful post:

ꜛ  , + FACEBOOK +, ADEEB001, aZlan, ballakid77, BeXo, chris48hour, Death75, Dennfoxjames, Febreze, FlashyGuy, Gentlemen, HomelandSec, Hurldoh, IzBoogz, Lay295, liufa, Modus, mu966, Officer Laggy, Platinum G, RedShellz, ReK, RevisioN-xF, Sandyballz, shinobi-of-zhit, Skyl1n3, Slay No More, SolidSnake77, TairyHesticles, thecooldude71, TheFuture, Toon_Squad, TryCatchMe, tsuma, xRafiq-, xRevaz, XSnIpEriSBaCk, xVzS-
05-01-2011, 11:52 AM #164
redraiderark
Are you high?
They are re building the PSN so we might get unbanned if sony change to many things
05-01-2011, 12:40 PM #165
Originally posted by redraiderark View Post
They are re building the PSN so we might get unbanned if sony change to many things

Doubt it mate, It's Treyarch's server. They'll still have us banned on their Server. It has nothing to do with SONY.
Sony can't force treyarch to unbann us.
05-05-2011, 01:06 PM #166
I bypassed banningSmileHaha
05-17-2011, 07:38 PM #167
Rainbow Dash
Now 20% Cooler
Originally posted by jeffgordon24365 View Post
I'm aware that this thread was made by Reaper: You must login or register to view this content. If you would like to share ideas on how to unban, post here or in this stickied thread:You must login or register to view this content.
But it doesn't explain how your banned. [/COLOR][/CENTER]

I know its not needed but you can unban yourself by changing your Bluray logic board and motherboard (They have to be a pair though you can't buy them separately) I did this the other day and it unbanned me and it only cost me £50 instead of £250 for a new Ps3. If you want to add it to your thread but it does void warranty.
05-20-2011, 07:11 PM #168
jeffgordon24365
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Rainbow

Updated with a new page for possible solutions. Winky Winky
05-20-2011, 08:15 PM #169
edwin864
Bounty hunter
nice, i might do wat that guy said
Last edited by edwin864 ; 05-20-2011 at 08:18 PM.
05-25-2011, 04:37 PM #170
xRafiq-
Pedobear
Originally posted by jeffgordon24365 View Post
I'm aware that this thread was made by Reaper: You must login or register to view this content. If you would like to share ideas on how to unban, post here or in this stickied thread:You must login or register to view this content.
But it doesn't explain how your banned. I understand that many of you have been thinking that spoofing the MAC address, wiping your harddrive or changing your IP address will unban you permanently. I hate to break it to you, but your wrong. :carling: Treyarch has banned your Console ID. If you look over to the left, I've made a few pages about why popular theories don't work. EX:Spoofing your MAC address, changing your IP address, wiping your hard drive Theres also a page to explain what the Console ID is and why Treyarch would most likely ban that ID over the rest of their options.

[multipage=MAC Address]
MAC ADDRESS

Your MAC address is built into the networking card in the Playstation. If they were to ban the MAC address, a player could make their PC/Laptop/Mac into a wireless hotspot. If they were to connect their PS3 to said hotspot the MAC address could be masked, otherwise known as spoofed. This would be done with software such as SMAC. You could also use an ethernet cable running from your PC/laptop/Mac to your ps3 and change your settings for wireless to share internet connection. And then change the MAC addres via software like SMAC. A easy way to do it is to just switch from wireless to wired, or vice versa becase each method has its own network card, thus its own MAC address. But, I'm sure this has been tried, and to no avail. So obviously if they wanted to permanently ban someone, Treyarch wouldn't use this method.
[multipage=IP Address]
IP ADDRESS

Well, as a member of this community I'm sure you know very well how to reverse an IP address ban. But I will explain anyway. A proxy server is basically a IP address you can input into your PS3/Internet Browser, etc that handles your requests from other servers. Proxies/IPs are in this format: 111.111.1.1:1111(note: format can vary) Say your ip is 192.168.1.18, if they were to IP ban you they'd use that number. Every time you log in to the server, your IP is available for view. So the server will check to see if that number is on the banned list and if it is, it won't let you do what you were trying to do. In this case, play online on Black Ops. (This is the way it works for MAC addresses and Console IDs) Why would they ban the IP, if it can be changed via a proxy server? Also, restarting your modem/router might change the IP address of deviced attached to it. MAC addresses will always stay the same.
[multipage=Console ID + Why Wiping Your Hard Drive DOESN'T Work]
Console ID + Why Wiping Your Hard Drive DOESN'T Work

Your Console ID is built into your ps3, somewhere in the hardware, but not in the hard drive. Because they are not in the hard drive, you will not get unbanned by wiping the contents of said hard drive. Wiping the hard drive also doesn't affect the IP address or MAC address. If you're train of thought is that when you wipe your hard drive, you delete the black ops patch, thus un-banning you, you are mistaken. The patch has absolutely nothing to do with the Console ID, IP, or MAC address, I suppose it's possible for them to ban a certain element of the patch, but that would mean each patch is unique. If that was the case, you could simply get unbanned by deleting the patch. But, sadly, that's not it, deleting the patch/wiping the hard drive has been tested by many people and has been confirmed to NOT work. Moving on, unlike MAC addresses or IP addresses, Console IDs can't be spoofed or changed. At the moment, banning the Console ID is the best way for Treyarch to actually permanently ban someone. *Note:From here until the "End" tag isn't confirmed and most likely will not work, as the PSID may not be banned, the Console ID is(I included this section because at the time of writing I was a bit confused as to PSID and Console ID)*The only way to change the PSID/Console ID is if the PS3 is jailbroken and on 3.41(maybe 3.55, not confirmed) When/if 3.56-JB comes out, I'm sure a PSID changer(if that would work) will be signed to it. The only problem I can see with this is that you may need a valid PSID/Console ID to access the Playstation Network. If that's the case, then you'd need to find out the PSID/Console ID of someones elses Playstation and swap the IDs, which would be hard to do. Think about it, who would be willing to take the PSID/Console ID of a Playstation that's banned from stuff? (Unless they don't know that your banned :carlingSmile*End*
[multipage=Closing Statements + Temp. Bypass and 3.55 to 3.41 Downgrade]
Well, thanks for your time, I guess and I hope you learned something, ahah. I'm sorry if this has been posted before but I'm sick of all the people blathering on and on about ways to permanently unban yourself. There's one method you can use to get unbanned for 15-20 minutes, it's worth it for double XP weekends or just to play a quick free for all. That can be found here:You must login or register to view this content. If you would like to try using the PSID Changer and your on 3.55 go here:You must login or register to view this content. After you do that, get whatever version of 3.41 CFW you want and do the system update for that(you should know how to do this before you start) Then install this package file from a USB flash drive/hard drive: You must login or register to view this content. And there you go, you can mess around with your PSID all you want. Just make sure to copy down your original one, in case something goes wrong. If you make a mistake and screw up your PS3, it's not my fault. Smile If you have any questions, post it here or PM me and I'll do my best to answer. So far I've answered, or atleast tried to answer a few questions in the thread. So before you ask, skim through the thread and read what has been said. Hey, I'm a poet, and I didn't know it. Happy If enough questions are asked, I'll consider adding a FAQ page. If you do decide to ask, quote one of my posts in the thread, so I get a PM and know to come answer it. And thank you if you thanked this thread. (No, I'm not asking you to, completely up to you Winky Winky)
Note: The method I mentioned to change the MAC address may not work(such as changing the MAC via SMAC) But it doesn't matter because you shouldn't be trying it anyway, even if it successfully changes the MAC address, you won't be unbanned. Also, it is NOT confirmed that PSIDs are what's banned. But it seems likely.

Happy gaming!
:hitman:
(also, you can move this to Black Ops discussion if you feel the need, mods. :P)

[multipage=Frequently Asked Questions(Under Construction)]
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Hm. I doubt it, because the PSID still stays the same(as far as I know) But this might work, if your banned and want to update to 3.56 You must login or register to view this content. Also, you could downgrade to 3.41 and get the PSID editor from somwhere online and try messing with the IDs until one works to unban. If you do this, post the PSID you used somewhere(if it worked) it might be useful for something in the future. (algorithms for a ID generator, etc)

so, PSID patch v1.0 isn't sign for 3.55?? and second question if i format the ps3, restore file system, delete black ops file and put the 3.56 FW I have unbanned??
Yes, it was available on 3.55 but it didn't work properly.

No, 100% wrong. Probably the only account tied to your ban is the one you did the hack on, and they banned your PSID thus banning all of your accounts, even legit ones. If you buy a new console and use a legit account you'll be 100% fine. As of right now the only known way to get unbanned(not really unbanned considering your original console is still banned) is to do that, get new hardware and go legit/use your old legit account.

Nope. Whether you update or not, your console ID stays the same, thus keeping you banned.

I'd assume there's a similar console ID system in place.

The PSID is most likely not banned, but, if you want to try it, you have to input a 32 character code where it says to. But, this has been proven not to work on 3.55 CFW.

Well, say it was the PSID, this would be great, but you can't downgrade from 3.56..

If your on 3.55 and have a fat ps3 you could try this You must login or register to view this content. My bad, I misread your previous post and thought you meant that you needed a download link for 3.41. :P (if you can't get into service mode this way you can turn on your ps3 through the little touch button, turn it off via that button, take your finger off and then hold down that button until your ps3 beeps one, twice, and then three times and tells you to plug in a wireless controller. From here you plug in the USB with the firmware you want and click system update then from external drive.)

Nope. This will not change your console ID.

1. You might be able to run PSID changer on 3.55 CFW, but it won't work on 3.55(doesnt matter, PSID probably isnt banned)
2.No, Sony won't brick your system, the PSN ban is questionable.

I'd assume they work the same way, by console ID.

Bypassing it is doubtful. But they once said the PS3 couldn't be hacked, and look what has happened in the past few months.

This was said by T1M0xT(I can't quote it right)
um no? they didnt ban ur psid mf they banned ur console like it says i can play on one of my ps3s but not both ...
My response: Yeah, they banned your console ID, so each ID is unique, thus you can play on new hardware.

Note: This is incomplete and some parts will be revised and added on to later tomorrow. Thanks for your patience. Read through the thread if you would like further info.

[multipage=Possible Solutions]
POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS

im going to try the possible solutions
05-28-2011, 08:16 PM #171
nice post. maybe will help me out.
05-30-2011, 04:10 AM #172
ShoutBox
YouOnlyLiveOnce
Treyarch b trollin' :carling:

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo