06-14-2011, 09:29 AM #1
KrimiNaLzZz
▲▲ABK 225▲▲
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I game shared the Escalation map pack from my friend. I now want to uninstall it but still to be able to install it whenever I want without any more downloads.
My one idea is if I delete the account from my PS3 then when I want it I put it back on, will this work or will it delete the map pack from my PS3?
06-14-2011, 11:40 AM #2
Sloth Astronaut
Bounty hunter
Go onto your friends account, go to Account Management, System Activation, PS3 System, Game, Deactivate System. This will deactivate the DLC until you activate it again using the same method but choosing Activate System. You will not have to download or install it again once it is reactivated.
06-14-2011, 03:55 PM #3
Wondoh
Former Staff
Originally posted by Sticktoit360 View Post
Go onto your friends account, go to Account Management, System Activation, PS3 System, Game, Deactivate System. This will deactivate the DLC until you activate it again using the same method but choosing Activate System. You will not have to download or install it again once it is reactivated.

Are you sure? Im sure if you deactivate it it wipes all DLC as it frees up one of the activation slots.
If this would true you could keep gamesharing without any restrictions as each user could just deactivate and then reactivate the DLC? so i dont think this will work
06-14-2011, 04:09 PM #4
Originally posted by thecoke View Post
I game shared the Escalation map pack from my friend. I now want to uninstall it but still to be able to install it whenever I want without any more downloads.
My one idea is if I delete the account from my PS3 then when I want it I put it back on, will this work or will it delete the map pack from my PS3?

Just delete the Black Ops patch from your playstation. Then you're fine, with your other downloads.

The following 2 users say thank you to Gambler.... for this useful post:

Clive, KrimiNaLzZz
06-14-2011, 09:36 PM #5
KrimiNaLzZz
▲▲ABK 225▲▲
Originally posted by Gambler View Post
Just delete the Black Ops patch from your playstation. Then you're fine, with your other downloads.

But if delete the patch I wont be able to play the game at all until I get the patch again?
06-15-2011, 03:22 AM #6
But if delete the patch I wont be able to play the game at all until I get the patch again?

Just delete the patch. Then if you want to play Black ops you download the patch and the maps are gone. It is pretty simple. =D

The following user thanked Clive for this useful post:

KrimiNaLzZz
06-15-2011, 06:34 AM #7
KrimiNaLzZz
▲▲ABK 225▲▲
Originally posted by Clive View Post
Just delete the patch. Then if you want to play Black ops you download the patch and the maps are gone. It is pretty simple. =D

So I delete the patch, then I update black ops then I can install the map pack whenever I want without having to download it again?
Or does the patch contain let you play the map pack?
06-15-2011, 06:42 AM #8

So I delete the patch, then I update black ops then I can install the map pack whenever I want without having to download it again?
Or does the patch contain let you play the map pack?

Yes just delete then redownload the patch.If you want the maps back you will have to download and install the maps again if you want to play them again.

KrimiNaLzZz
06-15-2011, 06:43 AM #9
KrimiNaLzZz
▲▲ABK 225▲▲
Originally posted by Clive View Post
Yes just delete then redownload the patch.If you want the maps back you will have to download and install the maps again if you want to play them again.

So there is no way I can temporarily disable the map pack without having to download it again if I want it back
06-15-2011, 06:46 AM #10
So there is no way I can temporarily disable the map pack without having to download it again if I want it back

Nope have to download them. It sucks.

KrimiNaLzZz

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo