09-27-2011, 08:56 PM #1
Choco
Respect my authoritah!!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello everyone Smile

Schaos posted a tut a long, long time ago on how to do this but he has since removed his post :( I know that this would help a lot of you out so here is a tut on how to change dvars in the EBOOT.BIN file. Let's get Started Smile

Requirements:[/u]
-IDA Pro 5.2 or higher (I would post a link, but that's considered warez)
-IDA Plugins & Loaders for ps3 (You must login or register to view this content.)
-HxD Hex Editor
-Black Ops 1.02 Debug Update (You must login or register to view this content.)
-Any program to encrypt/decrypt .BIN files, I use PS3FOXX (You must login or register to view this content., thanks to Max88 for the download link)
-A ps3 on firmware 3.55 or lower

Now we can get started Smile

1. In your black ops debug update, go to BLUS30591/USRDIR/. If you want to change the EBOOT for single player, copy the EBOOT.BIN onto your desktop. If you want to change it for multiplayer, copy the t5mp_ps3f.self onto your desktop and rename it to EBOOT.BIN. In this tutorial I will be doing it for multiplayer.

2. Run PS3FOXX.exe. Click ok.
You must login or register to view this content.
(Thanks Max88 for the picture)

3. Go to step one on the program. Click "Generer". This will generate the NPDRM keys.
(Thanks to Max yet again)

4. Go to step two on the program. Select your EBOOT.BIN that you put on your desktop. Decrypt it.

5. There will be a new folder inside your PS3FOXX folder now, the name will begin with UNSELF. Go into that folder and open the out_eboot.elf in HxD. Minimize it, you will need it later.

6. Launch IDA Pro. Click ok, then new. A window will appear prompting you to open a file. Click on the various files tab, then unknown file. Open the out_eboot.elf from the PS3FOXX program.
A window will open asking you what to load the file as. Select everything I did.

Now wait for IDA to load your file.

7. Once IDA has finished loading your file, click at the very beginning of it and click Edit>Begin Selection. Scroll down to the very bottom and click on the last line so it highlights the whole thing. Click Edit>Code. Click Analyze, then yes. Wait for it to finish; this might take a while.

8. Now your file is ready to edit. Click Search>Text, then enter the dvar you want to edit. I will be using perk_killstreakreduction (Hardline). Once it finds it, it should look like this:

Look at the line under the dvar. See the "%r4, 1"? That is our default value for the dvar. Highlight the "1". Then switch to Hex View-A:

You can see that it has "38 80 00 01" highlighted. The "00 01" is what the dvar value is. Now on to how to change the dvar.

9. In the bottom left corner of the IDA Hex view, there should be an offset:

Remember in the beginning where you minimized HxD? Now open it up again. Hit Ctrl+G and enter the offset from IDA:

Now you will be at the offset from IDA. Highlight the next 4 bytes:

The "01" is the default value for our dvar. To modify hardline so you get all your killstreaks in 1 kill, you need to make it 11. So what you need to do is open Calculator, click Dec, enter 11, and click hex. 11 in hex is B. Overwrite "01" with "0B":

Save your EBOOT in HxD, close it and close down IDA.

10. Open PS3FOXX again. Go to step 3. Select your out_eboot.elf that you edited in HxSad Awesome
(thanks again to Max88 for the photo)

For the Game ID, put "UP0002-BLUS30591-YOURNAME-" (replace UP0002-BLUS30591 with EP0002-<your region code> if not US). For name, put EBOOT.BIN. Click "Build Make Self NPDRM".
(credits to max for the photo)

11. Go into the PS3FOXX folder. There will be a new folder that starts with "MAKE_SELF_NPRDM". Go inside it. There is your ready-to-test EBOOT.BIN Claps

CREDITS:
-Max88 for the PS3FOXX Tutorial: You must login or register to view this content.
-Max88 for some pictures
-SCHAOS for the original tutorial
-Me for writing up a new one from scratch

That's it guys, if you have any questions feel free to quote me and I'll try to get back to you.

ENJOY =D

The following 15 users say thank you to Choco for this useful post:

blikefritz, Demmonnixx, Docko412, Hawkin, HiddenHour, iMoDz-Baptiste, Masta-blasta117, MODZ4FUN420, Norway-_-1999, Rea, sheggy012, Siirx, Taylors Bish, Tseerock, Uk_ViiPeR
09-27-2011, 09:01 PM #2
Default Avatar
Newelly
Meaning?

Max88 hard work has finally got released?

=D
09-27-2011, 09:13 PM #3
Choco
Respect my authoritah!!
Originally posted by Newelly View Post
Meaning?

=D

I didn't release how to bind in the eboot Winky Winky

This is just how to change dvars. It was never a secret, but no one really learned how to do it.

The following user thanked Choco for this useful post:

09-27-2011, 09:15 PM #4
Default Avatar
Newelly
Originally posted by NGU
I didn't release how to bind in the eboot Winky Winky

This is just how to change dvars. It was never a secret, but no one really learned how to do it.

i think i know how to bind Winky Winky

not sure though!
09-27-2011, 09:40 PM #5
iTruceFret
[move]From now on, call me DRAGON.[/move]
I hate the HEX Editor with a passion. :FU: Thanks for uh...re-releasing? :y:
09-27-2011, 09:42 PM #6
Choco
Respect my authoritah!!
Originally posted by Truce View Post
I hate the HEX Editor with a passion. :FU: Thanks for uh...re-releasing? :y:

I love hex editing :p And no problem, I don't know why schaos ever deleted his thread...
09-27-2011, 10:07 PM #7
gazaag
Bounty hunter
can you change the code in the prestige hack eboot file so day time is 15days and cod points is much lower than 99999999
09-28-2011, 01:51 AM #8
Choco
Respect my authoritah!!
Originally posted by gazaag View Post
can you change the code in the prestige hack eboot file so day time is 15days and cod points is much lower than 99999999

No because you can't decrypt an EBOOT again once it's been encrypted. Either way it wouldn't matter, any and all eboot hacks lead to a ban if you use them online (which can't be done anyways).
09-28-2011, 10:15 AM #9
Originally posted by NGU
Hello everyone Smile

Schaos posted a tut a long, long time ago on how to do this but he has since removed his post :( I know that this would help a lot of you out so here is a tut on how to change dvars in the EBOOT.BIN file. Let's get Started Smile

Requirements:[/u]
-IDA Pro 5.2 or higher (I would post a link, but that's considered warez)
-IDA Plugins & Loaders for ps3 (You must login or register to view this content.)
-HxD Hex Editor
-Black Ops 1.02 Debug Update (You must login or register to view this content.)
-Any program to encrypt/decrypt .BIN files, I use PS3FOXX (You must login or register to view this content., thanks to Max88 for the download link)
-A ps3 on firmware 3.55 or lower

Now we can get started Smile

1. In your black ops debug update, go to BLUS30591/USRDIR/. If you want to change the EBOOT for single player, copy the EBOOT.BIN onto your desktop. If you want to change it for multiplayer, copy the t5mp_ps3f.self onto your desktop and rename it to EBOOT.BIN. In this tutorial I will be doing it for multiplayer.

2. Run PS3FOXX.exe. Click ok.
(Thanks Max88 for the picture)

3. Go to step one on the program. Click "Generer". This will generate the NPDRM keys.
(Thanks to Max yet again)

4. Go to step two on the program. Select your EBOOT.BIN that you put on your desktop. Decrypt it.

5. There will be a new folder inside your PS3FOXX folder now, the name will begin with UNSELF. Go into that folder and open the out_eboot.elf in HxD. Minimize it, you will need it later.

6. Launch IDA Pro. Click ok, then new. A window will appear prompting you to open a file. Click on the various files tab, then unknown file. Open the out_eboot.elf from the PS3FOXX program.
A window will open asking you what to load the file as. Select everything I did.

Now wait for IDA to load your file.

7. Once IDA has finished loading your file, click at the very beginning of it and click Edit>Begin Selection. Scroll down to the very bottom and click on the last line so it highlights the whole thing. Click Edit>Code. Click Analyze, then yes. Wait for it to finish; this might take a while.

8. Now your file is ready to edit. Click Search>Text, then enter the dvar you want to edit. I will be using perk_killstreakreduction (Hardline). Once it finds it, it should look like this:

Look at the line under the dvar. See the "%r4, 1"? That is our default value for the dvar. Highlight the "1". Then switch to Hex View-A:

You can see that it has "38 80 00 01" highlighted. The "00 01" is what the dvar value is. Now on to how to change the dvar.

9. In the bottom left corner of the IDA Hex view, there should be an offset:

Remember in the beginning where you minimized HxD? Now open it up again. Hit Ctrl+G and enter the offset from IDA:

Now you will be at the offset from IDA. Highlight the next 4 bytes:

The "01" is the default value for our dvar. To modify hardline so you get all your killstreaks in 1 kill, you need to make it 11. So what you need to do is open Calculator, click Dec, enter 11, and click hex. 11 in hex is B. Overwrite "01" with "0B":

Save your EBOOT in HxD, close it and close down IDA.

10. Open PS3FOXX again. Go to step 3. Select your out_eboot.elf that you edited in HxSad Awesome
(thanks again to Max88 for the photo)

For the Game ID, put "UP0002-BLUS30591-YOURNAME-" (replace UP0002-BLUS30591 with EP0002-<your region code> if not US). For name, put EBOOT.BIN. Click "Build Make Self NPDRM".
(credits to max for the photo)

11. Go into the PS3FOXX folder. There will be a new folder that starts with "MAKE_SELF_NPRDM". Go inside it. There is your ready-to-test EBOOT.BIN Claps

CREDITS:
-Max88 for the PS3FOXX Tutorial: You must login or register to view this content.
-Max88 for some pictures
-SCHAOS for the original tutorial
-Me for writing up a new one from scratch

That's it guys, if you have any questions feel free to quote me and I'll try to get back to you.

ENJOY =D

I bet $500 that the noobs that are leeching off this tutorial, didn't even click Thanks. Their is alot of noobs that are using this and ain't even clicking thanks.

The following user thanked OnlyReaver for this useful post:

zaaheef
09-28-2011, 10:16 AM #10
zxz0O0
Are you high?
Originally posted by Newelly
Meaning?

Max88 hard work? What hard work are you talking about?:lol:

The following user thanked zxz0O0 for this useful post:

Alexis Rhodes

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo