08-17-2013, 08:02 PM #1
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I know a ton of people have complained about the new call of duty ghosts engine. However some big changes which mean this is a new engine over a simpler modified version. Some of the core elements deep within the engine have been changed. For people curious Call of duty has been using some core parts of the ID Tech 3.

ID Tech 3 was designed for Quake back in 1999, it was a super fast rocket laser based shooter. As a result it had a number of unique things to do with movement. The acceleration of an object happened within milliseconds bounce off wall's, no penalty when going over an object. This is something that was carried on until ghosts. So what changed you can no longer jump at a wall bump off it , carry on at full speed. Instead the speed you hit an object is the speed you come out of it. No longer do you come out at full speed like nothing happened.

Why was this done mainly due to sliding , and vaulting map design also hints they wanted something to spice up the game too.

If anybody played Mirrors edge you should understand that trying to explain Ghosts uses a system of 'conservation of momentum'
Okay that was most likely badly explained don't worry Driftor has made a video explaining it.

And they appear also to have fixed or removed the number of clipping spots in the game. That was caused by the game engine design when it comes to player vision.
Most likely other improvements but this one of the biggest which change the gameplay mechanics at it's core. I had a feeling they would do a system like this otherwise it gets a little messy.
Last edited by ResistTheSun ; 08-17-2013 at 09:53 PM.

The following user thanked ResistTheSun for this useful post:

amplif1er
08-17-2013, 09:51 PM #2
amplif1er
Why are you reading this?
Originally posted by ResistTheSun View Post
I know a ton of people have complained about the new call of duty ghosts engine. However some big changes which mean this is a new engine over a simpler modified version. Some of the core elements deep within the engine have been changed. For people curious Call of duty has been using some core parts of the IG Tech 3.

IG Tech 3 was designed for Quake back in 1999, it was a super fast rocket laser based shooter. As a result it had a number of unique things to do with movement. The acceleration of an object happened within milliseconds bounce off wall's, no penalty when going over an object. This is something that was carried on until ghosts. So what changed you can no longer jump at a wall bump off it , carry on at full speed. Instead the speed you hit an object is the speed you come out of it. No longer do you come out at full speed like nothing happened.

Why was this done mainly due to sliding , and vaulting map design also hints they wanted something to spice up the game too.

If anybody played Mirrors edge you should understand that trying to explain Ghosts uses a system of 'conservation of momentum'
Okay that was most likely badly explained don't worry Driftor has made a video explaining it.

And they appear also to have fixed or removed the number of clipping spots in the game. That was caused by the game engine design when it comes to player vision.
Most likely other improvements but this one of the biggest which change the gameplay mechanics at it's core. I had a feeling they would do a system like this otherwise it gets a little messy.

I actually started out PC gaming with the quake series, I loved Quake3Arena which is what the cod engine runs off of. I really can't wait to see what ghosts feels like. I must say a change in the feel would do some good to spice up the game Smile

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo