08-20-2013, 11:50 AM #1
Hickey
League Champion
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Infinity Ward executive producer Mark Rubin announced at Microsoft's Gamescom showcase that Call of Duty: Ghosts will use the Xbox One cloud to host dedicated servers for multiplayer.

He also revealed that the game's new Blitz muliplayer mode will be playable here at Gamescom, and we should be going hands on soon

no word on the ps4 version yet

link---------- You must login or register to view this content.

The following user thanked Hickey for this useful post:

MW2TopTenWORLD
08-20-2013, 12:06 PM #2
Originally posted by Hickey View Post
Infinity Ward executive producer Mark Rubin announced at Microsoft's Gamescom showcase that Call of Duty: Ghosts will use the Xbox One cloud to host dedicated servers for multiplayer.

He also revealed that the game's new Blitz muliplayer mode will be playable here at Gamescom, and we should be going hands on soon

no word on the ps4 version yet

link---------- You must login or register to view this content.

PS4 online service this year is paid.
If XBOX One will have dedicated servers PS4 will too .. because its paid and Sony aren´t scammers.. however I wish that dedicated server thing is just on gamescom cuz Matchmaking is way way better! Leave dedicated servers on PC only because there is a very small number of players but not on Consoles!
08-20-2013, 12:27 PM #3
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by MW2TopTenWORLD View Post
If XBOX One will have dedicated servers PS4 will too .. because its paid and Sony aren´t scammers.. however I wish that dedicated server thing is just on gamescom cuz Matchmaking is way way better! Leave dedicated servers on PC only because there is a very small number of players but not on Consoles!

Dedicated servers are flat out better then peer to peer. Also I dont think you actually understand what dedicated means. You can still have matchmaking when using a dedicated server.

You aren't relying one some guys shitty connection to play the game. Instead you are all connecting to a machine in a server room with a gigabit connection.

And also, just because you are paying doesn't mean sony has to provide that
Last edited by Oneup ; 08-20-2013 at 12:32 PM.
08-20-2013, 12:55 PM #4
Hickey
League Champion
Originally posted by 1UP View Post
Dedicated servers are flat out better then peer to peer. Also I dont think you actually understand what dedicated means. You can still have matchmaking when using a dedicated server.

You aren't relying one some guys shitty connection to play the game. Instead you are all connecting to a machine in a server room with a gigabit connection.

And also, just because you are paying doesn't mean sony has to provide that

im guess microsoft payed a shit ton of money to get those, i guess i will need to rely on my fibre optic over on the ps4
08-20-2013, 01:47 PM #5
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by Hickey View Post
im guess microsoft payed a shit ton of money to get those, i guess i will need to rely on my fibre optic over on the ps4

Well no, microsoft has server farms. I am sure it's really not costing them much. As for online gameplay you really dont need a super connection speed. 1mb/s down and 1mb/s up is more then enough to play.

The following user thanked Oneup for this useful post:

ResistTheSun
08-20-2013, 11:59 PM #6
that would make call of duty sooo much better but i hope they do this on ps3, ps4 etc
08-21-2013, 01:00 AM #7
Jango
I love my kitteh
Activision might decline dedicated servers for ps4 because of some contract crap with microsoft. (Just a thought)
08-21-2013, 12:29 PM #8
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by MW2TopTenWORLD View Post

You can have matchmaking and dedicated servers you know.
Dedicated servers no more host rage quits. Does bring up a problem for people who don't live near the servers it going to be a little bit worse.

And the COD matchmaking servers are 3rd party funded not by Sony. Xbox 360 matchmaking servers are MS owned servers.
08-21-2013, 03:46 PM #9
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by ResistTheSun View Post
You can have matchmaking and dedicated servers you know.
Dedicated servers no more host rage quits. Does bring up a problem for people who don't live near the servers it going to be a little bit worse.

And the COD matchmaking servers are 3rd party funded not by Sony. Xbox 360 matchmaking servers are MS owned servers.

Even if they don't live near the server it's still going to be a huge difference from some guy with a terrible connection hosting the game.
08-21-2013, 11:09 PM #10
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by 1UP View Post
Even if they don't live near the server it's still going to be a huge difference from some guy with a terrible connection hosting the game.

Oh yea I was just pointing it out.
Looking forward to no more dropping of games ^_^

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo