Post: Activision responds to complaints regarding PS3 & PS4 casual users ghost ban
03-18-2014, 03:35 PM #1
wajdi9
Space Ninja
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Ghosts developer Infinity Ward have reportedly triggered a round of bans that seem to target PS3 and PS4 users primarily. Activision, in response, set the record straight for all those casual players who put in only a few hours into the game each week, and claim to have no history of hacking or cheats.

User tcsdaniels echoed his thoughts on the Call of Duty: Ghosts forum.

He wrote, “I was playing COD Ghosts with my son and after a few rounds of domination I took a break and when I returned to play few more rounds with him my account was banned. He continued to play under his account until he wanted to take a break. He turned off our PS3 and when we went back on about an hour or so later to see if my account was an error or something low and behold an error appeared on both our accounts, now stating our console is permanently banned.”

He added, “If we got banned for simply playing in a hacked or cheated lobby (not knowing it was hacked or whatever) then that is not right and concludes that a thorough investigation is NOT conducted prior to a player and/or their console getting banned.

“I hope infinity ward makes this right soon, we have been very loyal customers (FOLLOWING ALL THE RULeS) If we are not thoroughly investigated we will be sending weekly letters to Activision and infinity ward to please investigate our accounts and console.”

Activision has categorically come out and stated that the casual players are first looked into thoroughly before imposing a ban on them, despite no priors of hacking or cheating.

“Bans are put in place after an account has been investigated into. Any code of conduct violations WILL result in a ban. The user is responsible for all actions taken on the account.” It said.

“All bans are final and will not be reversed. Nor do we provide any additional information or specifics in regards to the ban.” it added.

The following user thanked wajdi9 for this useful post:

Asian
03-24-2014, 07:41 PM #11
X-GHOST-X
League Champion
Originally posted by Apple
Im not on either tears

But that's the same response they give every year for COD.. why post this thread

Fully Agree with you every year the same
03-24-2014, 07:54 PM #12
DrackBert
Bounty hunter
am i the only with a modded account and still not banned? :troll:
03-24-2014, 09:49 PM #13
Originally posted by cluckt View Post
am i the only with a modded account and still not banned? :troll:

Nope had one of mine done with a recovery months ago, still no ban.
04-01-2014, 05:59 AM #14
And yet you fools seem to keep buying these games from them when they clearly don't give a fuck and just want to keep taking your money.

The following user thanked Geigers for this useful post:

jerrmy12

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo