09-18-2010, 08:51 PM #1
VecRi
Keeper
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi, NGUSmile
I'm new to this forum (and thought I'd make my first useful threadWinky Winky)

Just last night had a brilliant idea to get a modded patch from a 3.41 jailbroken PS3 to an updated 3.42 PS3. This would allow me to play modded MW2 lobbies on PSN! I tested it out and booya its workedCool Man (aka Tustin)

What you need:

• PS3 on Firmware 3.41
  • PS3 on 3.42 (or you could use a friends PS3 and give them the modded patch)
  • A device To jailbreak with (teensy++ board, android phone, iphone, etc)
  • An external hard drive formatted - FAT32
  • A modded file that you will put in the patch (MW2 is patch_mp.ff)

Ok so
Modding the Patch
1. Jailbreak your 3.41 PS3 using PSgroove/PS Jailbreak/PSFreedom
2. Install FTP server PKG.
3. Delete gamedata of which ever game your hacking (probably MW2)
3. Boot MW2 (or other game you wish to hack)
4. When asked to install patch, install it
5. Quit the game back to XMB and load FTP server, then start it
6. Open FileZilla on PC, and enter PS3's internal IP address (shoudl be on PS3 screen)
7. Enter the username "FTPD12345", leave password blank, port = 21
8. Press Connect and browse to:
/dev_hdd0/game/BLES00683/USRDIR/
9. Delete the file that you want to mod. MW2 is patch_mp.ff.
10. Copy over from your computer the modded file, to replace it.
11. Exit FTP Server to XMB

Transfering to updated PS3
12. On XMB go to:
Settings/System Settings/Backup Utility
13. Make sure your external hard drive is connected to the PS3 and back up your PS3 system by choosing to backup to "other storage media"
14. Turn on your updated PS3 (on firmware 3.42).
15. Go to:
Settings/System Settings/Backup Utility
16. Choose to restore.
17. All data on your updated PS3 will be wiped and you will now have your modded patch on an updated PS3...you can play it online!
18. When ever you want to use another patch just do all this againSmile

Note: All previous data on PS3 with updated Firmware will be erased!

This is *not* a theory! I have done this!Happy

Don't forget to rep/thanks! My reps kinda lowWinky Winky
Last edited by VecRi ; 09-18-2010 at 08:54 PM.

The following 31 users say thank you to VecRi for this useful post:

Okami, akselus55, Ameht!, Assassin, bizman, Clanor, Cole MacGrath, DanGFX, Devz-x, Draama, Drake, Dreamcather, EarthScar, EZeeH, gtav, hukkie, ihaxgames, iThenrik, Jaw1312, k1ll3rs0wn, Mezzid, Mr Phobik, oI xPozeD Io, Omniplasma, Ovan527G, qwerew, CHAOZ, sauronith, Spoony, Vaner, zaaheef
09-20-2010, 12:20 AM #74
DEREKTROTTER
You're Goddamn Right
can anyone tell me if this would work....

backup my 3.42 (with modded patch)

give to friend and let him restore from it.

will this work and allow us both to have the modded patch?
09-20-2010, 12:28 AM #75
Raymo5
Mario!
If Some one could upload the modded patch only I would be willing to erase everything off hardrive to restore it with modded patch atleast try it anyway. don't know if it will work.
09-20-2010, 12:38 AM #76
Bradman
Bounty hunter
im uploading one rite now but to 4shared but its split into 17 parts that r 190mb each im which around 3.09 gb so ur gonna need a 7-zip or another type of program that can open .7z files and ur gonna need a fat32 usb drive 4gb or higher. it wont be up until tomorrow cuz its over 3gb so be patient.

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

im sorry for the 3gb files and that its in 17 parts but i delete everything and thats as low as i could get it.
09-20-2010, 12:55 AM #77
Skylines
The Forgotten
Omg someone upload a modded back up!
09-20-2010, 01:59 AM #78
Will someone upload a modded back up.. of jus patch as it will take quicker this might work as i will try it and im sure alot will hahah
09-20-2010, 05:56 AM #79
Diplo
Bot = Bot
So if I used this method of getting the modded patch from the 3.41 PS3 onto the 3.42 PS3, would I be able to edit the patch again and still use the PS3 jailbreak on the 3.41 PS3?

but by doing this, i would have to reformat the 3.42 PS3 and loose everything on it?
09-20-2010, 06:12 AM #80
Bradman
Bounty hunter
Ok guys I've got school tomorrow so it won't be up until 3:20 pm pacific time
09-20-2010, 06:19 AM #81
Saul
¯\_(ツWinky Winky_/¯
Originally posted by EVO
So if I used this method of getting the modded patch from the 3.41 PS3 onto the 3.42 PS3, would I be able to edit the patch again and still use the PS3 jailbreak on the 3.41 PS3?

but by doing this, i would have to reformat the 3.42 PS3 and loose everything on it?

making a backup on the 3.41 console isn't going to do anything but backup the data, it will do everything exactly as it did before the backup.

restoring a backup formats the drive so yes, you will lose whatever is on the drive of the 3.42 console. this is where you need to just think for a second, you want to save that stuff obviously, so make a backup on the 3.42 console too. double backup all the way, DON'T FORGET to sync your trophies before backing up!!

the backups are going to be stored in seperate folders on the external drive, you just need to remember which one is which, and don't delete them. they'll never overwrite each other. to get all your stuff back on the 3.42 console just restore the backup you made on that console.

The following user thanked Saul for this useful post:

Diplo
09-20-2010, 06:25 AM #82
Console
Keepin it real
dam i wish i had a 3.41 ps3

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo