Post: Modern warfare 2 Confirmed Weapons, perks, camos & many more.
09-26-2009, 02:29 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

Sorry i made a typo on the title - meant 2 be modern warfare

The information in this post was collected by FuZioNz at Gaming-Vault.com. It may only be posted on other websites with the above Credit!

Link To original thread : You must login or register to view this content.

Remember, I am constantly updating this thread.

Assault Rifles(8/9):
----------
-----
M4A1,
Famas,
Scar-H,
Tar-21,
L86 LSW,
AK-47,
ACR,
FAL.

Sub Machine Guns(6/?):
MP5K,
UMP.45,
PP2000,
Vector,
TDI Kriss,
P90.

Light Machine Guns(3/?):
RPD,
M240,
AUG HBAR.

Sniper Rifles(2/?):
Barret 50. Cal,
Cheytac Intervention M-200.

Secondary Weapons:

Machine Pistols(2/?):
PP2000,
Glock 18.

Shotguns(4/6):
SPAS-12,
AA-12,
M1014,
Armsel Striker.

Handguns(3/4):
USP.45,
Glock 18,
.44 Magnum.

Launchers(2/5):
AT4,
Thumper x2.

Attachments[not for all weapons](12/15)
Grenade Launcher,
Red Dot Sight,
Silencer(available for certain sniper rifles now too),
Shotgun,
Heartbeat Sensor,
Akimbo,
ACOG Scope,
FMJ Ammo,
Thermal Scope,
Grip,
Shotgun,
Magazine.

Equipment(5/7):
Frag - Hand thrown grenade w/ a 5 second timer,
Semtex - Sticky grenade,
Throwing Knife - Lethal combat knife,
Tactical Insertion - Choose where to respawn,
Blast Shield - Protects you from explosions but you lose your minimap,
Flash Grenade x2(doesn't come under the equipment menu),
Stun Grenade x2(doesn't come under the equipment menu),
Smoke Grenade x1(doesn't come under the equipment menu).

ATTACHMENTS

These no longer refer to just red dot sights and scopes (which are still there), in MW2 attachments refer to 'skills' as well. The already revealed 'Akimbo' attachment for example allows a player to dual-wield weapons, and 'Rapid Fire' which is kind of self-explanatory. Suppression has also been made available on sniper rifles.

NEW SWAG

To up the ante in the war zone Infinity Ward has added a number of new weapons that you'll be able to use in your special grenade slot. We can see advanced players becoming experts with these very quickly so our advice is get in there early:

Semtex Sticky grenades (Anyone remember how good the sticky bombs were in TimeSplitters 2? No? Oh.)

A throwing knife (Getting killed by this is going to suck.)

A blast shield (Offers greater protection from explosions)

Tactical insertion (Sounds like it should be painful, but actually grants you the ability to chose your own respawn point. Useful for nobbling the person who just killed you from behind).

RIOT SHIELDS

By swapping out your primary weapon for a riot shield you can completely change your strategy. You're limited to using the riot shield as a defensive wall (it takes a fair few bullets) to distract and hold up an enemy but the advantage is you can can cave their heads in with it as well. If you swap to your secondary weapon the riot shield is hoisted onto your back to act as an ass protector.

Incidentally, using the riot shield in objective based matches like capture the flag still gets your team points, even if you are just using it as a distraction method rather than to kill enemies.

HOST MIGRATION

This should stop those baby players quitting out and ruining the game for everyone else. Now games won't terminated if the host switches of their machine. A small, but fairly significant improvement.

I found some videos . Check them out if your interested.

Perks(11/27):
Note all perks have at least another level up. E.g. Complete a perk challenge and get that perk in 'Pro'.
Perks are now upgradeable - each perk has its own 'challenge'. When you've completed it you unlock a pro-version of the perk.

There are obviously a whole load of new perks but so far we've seen:

1st Perk(4/5):
Sleight of Hand - Fast reloading,
Marathon - Unlimited sprint,
Scavenger - Full resupply from dead enemies,
Bling - 2 Primary attachments.

2nd Perk(4/5):
Stopping Power - Increased bullet damage,
Lightweight - Move faster,
Hardline - Killstreaks require 1 less kill,
Cold-Blooded - Undetectable by UAV, Air Support, Sentries and Thermal.

3rd Perk(3/6):
Commando - Increased Melee Distance,
Steady Aim - Closer Crosshairs. Enables for more accurate hipfire,
Scrambler - Enemy's radar goes staticy as he gets closer to you.

Killstreaks(9/15) & Deathstreaks(2/4):

Killstreaks work by you unlocking them, then choosing 3 to go into battle with. Deathstreaks are similar, but you can only have one, and they cannot be used w/ Killstreaks. Deathstreaks work by dying a certain amount of times in a row, then getting a respawn 'bonus'. This is to help noobs.

KS:
3 KS: UAV - Shows enemies on the minimap.
4 KS: Care Package -Airdrop a random Killstreak or ammo.
4 KS: Counter-UAV - Temporarily disables enemy radar.
5 KS: Sentry Gun - Airdrop a placeable Sentry Gun.
5 KS: Predator Missile - Remote Control Missile.
6 KS: Precision Airstrike - Call in a directional Airstrike.
7 KS: Attack Helicopter - Call in a support helicopter.
9 KS: Pave Low - Heavily Armored Assault Helicopter.
11 KS: AC130 - Be the gunner of an AC130.

Death Streaks:
4 DS: Copycat - Take your enemy's class for 1 life by choosing it in the killcam.
3 DS: Painkiller - Boosted health for period of time.

Callsign:

The callsign pops up on the enemy's screen when he/she kills you. You can change your title, title background camo and emblem. These are unlocked various different ways.

Maps(3/?):

A quick description of some of the new maps we've played...

Afghan: A rocky desert area with the ruin of a jumbo jet in the middle. We'd avoid hanging around here for too long as it's surrounded by some high cliffs and bunkers that snipers will love. We suspect most of the action will come at the top and bottom of the map where caves and ledges make everything a bit more intense.

Favela: A claustrophobic shanty town broadly divided into high-up rooftops and narrow ground level passageways.

Highrise: A more unusual urban setting, Highrise comprises of a half-finished highrise building with interior and exterior areas and a series of metal beams high above that can be used a sniper points. If you're clever it's possible to work your way from one side of the map to the other without being detected to launch a surprise attack from behind.

Ranking System:

The ranking system will be similar to that of CoD4. In *most* modes you get 50XP per kill, with the exception of TDM where you get 100, however you must reach level 70 before you can prestige.

Game Modes(5/?):

-Free-For-All,
-Team Deathmatch(8 vs Cool Man (aka Tustin),
-Search and Destroy,
-Capture the Flag,
-*NEW* Demolition - Allows for everyone on the attacking team to have a bomb, and full-on respawns as the round goes on. Defenders try to stop the attacks at both an A and B site, but if attackers succeed in a single bombing their time is increased and the focus shifts to the other site entirely,
-Ground War.

Official Limited Edition Modern Warfare 2 XBOX 360 Console:

It will have a 250GB Hard Drive, come w/ 2 controllers, a copy of Modern Warfare 2 and have a custom Modern Warfare 2 faceplate. It's limited edition, and selling for $399.99.

Interesting notes to be made about the MP vids:

Highrise:

2:00 - "Press and hold for UAV"
3:40 - New grenade animation as it flies through the air.

'Teams':
Army Rangers,
Spetsnaz.

General Info[from GamerZines]
"Modern Warfare 2 has 42 weapons (both new and old, and now including silenced shotguns), 27 Perks, 10 Accolades, 153 Emblems, 570 Titles and five default character classes."

Camos:
In the AC130 video player camos are confirmed(red tiger at least). In the recent Press Presentation video, the SCAR-H has what appears to be a snow camo.

Different camos:
Desert,
Arctic,
Woodland,
Digital,
Urban,
Blue Tiger,
Red Tiger.

Mw 2 Prestige badges

I'll keep you guys updated if i find anything new.Smile Rep me if you found this interesting.
Last edited by Bio Hawk ; 10-04-2009 at 08:58 PM.

The following 68 users say thank you to Bio Hawk for this useful post:

///M, ꜛ  , +tA.DiNeRo, +tA.element, ace1092, Adkins, AgentJon, airjordans555, ASH_209, bebonator, bob123456, boston1984, CHS#1, COD Fr3ak, ColorfulUnicorn, DeathEndsAll, deathkid1212, dfrost182, dhaalbaii, Doctor Stan, DUB 2.0, EJ94c, Elajes, Fezous, flash_gordon112, gamekilla, Ghostwolf_14, Heavytech94, i_qwik-scopes, iDave, iM_DoMCeex, Jetfire600, Json_187, lls, ls18, luke279, m83a1, minimekw, Moorz, NanuGama, NGUHax0r, Octavia, waltuO, owningU, Phabio92, phxballer6, Poke, Pric3, Pro-Green, PüñKЯéг, Reaper2004, Ritztro, Saint-Luciferr, War Dogz, spikes472, Syn_A7x, The Situation, The-Nazi-Zombie, TwoGlitches, Under Alts Bed, Vgking7, Will101, xGrimM_x, xSharkey
09-27-2009, 09:54 PM #38
Sert
Al Capone, Jr.
I know you are kind of replying to these other posts Agent Daniel, however we have received a report that you are also deleting and re-posting your posts to boost post count. So, please stop bumping your thread and this is your warning for padding post count. Please just follow the rules and don't boost.
09-27-2009, 10:12 PM #39
littlecarlos
Vault dweller
yea those prestige badges dont look real they better be tight like WaW's
09-27-2009, 11:14 PM #40
mint prestige badges
09-27-2009, 11:38 PM #41
LOL, i know arent they cool.? Hopefully it true though.

Aha found more info. im updating it right now..

Havent i said it. They are not confirmed. Who cares bout them. i found them, i post them..Happy

alright well im making a new thread on more info. i dont really want to keep it on this one because i dont want people seeming, hey i saw this, i dont need to see it again..

Holy, my computer is lagging so i cant put the info in jus yet. Ill do it as soon as i can..

No problem man.Happy. I'll keep you updated..

As i always say, no probelm...

Great more mrtydom.? Well for all the newbs. Thats what they will be using.? Ugh..
Last edited by Sert ; 10-13-2009 at 03:59 PM.
09-29-2009, 07:36 PM #42
jamess
I am error
they are not the prestige badges, if they are they are crap.
09-30-2009, 12:39 PM #43
dhaalbaii
Pokemon Trainer
Those prestige badges look cool, thanks for all this info. Smile
09-30-2009, 07:27 PM #44
Phabio92
Bounty hunter
sweet, thanks
09-30-2009, 08:51 PM #45
Not sure if the are true but I reckon they are legit, Here are a few perks and their pro perks. and I think Martydom's Gonna be in it people dropping grenades when they died in Gameplay Vids - F@#k knows if they were holding it before they died but whatever Here's link anyway You must login or register to view this content.
10-01-2009, 01:15 AM #46
meltakhar
I am error
70 levels? come on they should have went to 55

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo