Post: Activision President Vows to 'Track Down MW3 Leaker'
05-26-2011, 12:17 AM #1
TheBigRod
uh-may-zuh-zing
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Activision President Vows to 'Track Down MW3 Leaker'[/u]
Source: You must login or register to view this content. | By: Tristan | May 25th, 2011

Activision Publishing CEO Eric Hirshberg is said to have sent out an (angry) e-mail promising to find out the individual responsible for the leaking of the hottest title of 2011 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Hirshberg's efforts on keeping Modern Warfare 3 leak-free wasn't this serious last week, but the tables have obviously turned & he's not too happy about it.

Originally posted by another user
"No one wakes up and thinks, 'I hope there's been a leak and our timing gets all messed up,'" Hirshberg told You must login or register to view this content. last week. "We woke up with a marketing crisis and wanted to go to bed with a marketing win. So what we did was we kind of took that exact conversation [about taking advantage of the leak] we were having in our conference room outside and had it publicly in social media."

With the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 teaser trailers that were released a week or two ago, those are apparently leaked videos on all Facebook, Twitter & YouTube. Both Robert Bowling of Infinity Ward & Eric Hirshberg of Activision decided to go with these unexpected massive leaks & say they released them early due to the anticipation of millions of Call of Duty fans for gameplay & trailers.

Another reason they decided to keep the videos up is how many YouTube hits they got in just 48 hours, that number of hits 4,500,000. While Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 & Black Ops only got 61,000 & 89,000 hits in the first 48 hours after being released.

Hirshberg also states that Activision takes leaking & their personal property VERY seriously; so the situation is currently under investigation.

A certain statement came up that caught the eye of the Joystiq community:

Originally posted by another user
"With equal agility, our worldwide sales organizations managed to put both the retail and .com pre-sale programs and assets into launch mode in no-time flat," he said. "Everybody involved delivered under pressure."

Now of course it is asked: How is this a leak? The teasers just so happened to be released on the Call of Duty Twitter, YouTube, & Facebook? They're just doing this for promotional reasons. I personally agree with these questions that the fans of Call of Duty are asking, I'm guessing these leakers somehow hacked into their social networking accounts? Mysterious. What's your take on it?

Modern Warfare 3 is set to be released on November 8th, 2011 on all Playstation 3, Xbox 360, & PC. You can pre-order your own copy You must login or register to view this content..
Last edited by TheBigRod ; 05-26-2011 at 12:24 AM.

The following 4 users say thank you to TheBigRod for this useful post:

EstonianBeast, hyperj123, Joshhyyy-, sMoKiNyOo
05-26-2011, 05:37 PM #20
TheManDavid
Your mother!
Good luck leaker
05-26-2011, 09:11 PM #21
Pear
Grunt
Ima pray for him!
05-26-2011, 09:57 PM #22
lilnatsfan44
At least I can fight
Originally posted by TheBigRod View Post
I don't think he will, honestly. He's the President of Activision, so he has the right to track down people who leak footage/information on one of the biggest franchises in the world.

True. I bet Activision makes more money than some countries. WalMart makes more money than most countries. . .
05-26-2011, 11:49 PM #23
but its their own fault. The leaker crackd the code in their cache and got the images
05-26-2011, 11:54 PM #24
ichris26
The Muff Muncher
Too bad that it hasn't leaked out on torrent sites yet. :lol:
05-29-2011, 07:14 AM #25
RavagedBoom
Sing My Guitar
LOL. Bunch of attention whores.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo