11-08-2011, 12:05 PM #1
Aristotle
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Read the title. I am not 100% sure its like this on PS3, but it is on XBox. On xbox, you live account MUST have an age on it that is over 18. So, in my instance, mine is 14. I BOUGHT cod elite and when i try to get on the console app, " This account is not eligible for registration". There is no way to get around this unless Activison hears enough complaints and decides to change it. I know you guys dont want 12 year olds being annoying on MW3, but this has nothing to do with the actual game. So, please, call Activision and tell them you expect to be able to use COD Elite or you will be demanding a refund. Thanks, and if anyone knows how to get a refund from something you bought on the XBL marketplace, let me know
11-08-2011, 01:17 PM #11
Jakeyy
Expect the unexpected!
Originally posted by Testozter0n View Post
Money making scheme?
You must be 18 years to play -> Elite 18 too... When you buy it before you are 18, its your fault.

Ok so your saying that all people that play it and get the hardened are over 18, ahh good one mate
11-08-2011, 01:17 PM #12
Testozter0n
Hosting Premium Lobbys!
Originally posted by Awayze View Post
The game is rated 17. First of all, you lot shouldn't be on the game anyway. Secondly don't complain that you, a 14 year old, can't play an 17/18 rated game.

German and UK - 18, right? :confused:
11-08-2011, 01:19 PM #13
Well look the reason you need to be 18 to use elite is because of the whole tournaments aspect and winning prizes, its stupid for them to make it inaccessible for people under 18 though. They could just restrict kids under 18 from joining tournaments.
11-08-2011, 01:21 PM #14
Testozter0n
Hosting Premium Lobbys!
Originally posted by iP4ckHe4t View Post
Ok so your saying that all people that play it and get the hardened are over 18, ahh good one mate

Sure not....
But on the game is a hint -> 18 (or 17)... when you buy it before you reach this age, I think its your fault when you cant use all features.
11-08-2011, 01:22 PM #15
Originally posted by EvilRip View Post
Well look the reason you need to be 18 to use elite is because of the whole tournaments aspect and winning prizes, its stupid for them to make it inaccessible for people under 18 though. They could just restrict kids under 18 from joining tournaments.

But the game is rated 17+ so if your not 17, you shouldn't have bought the game in the first place.
11-08-2011, 01:23 PM #16
Originally posted by Awayze View Post
But the game is rated 17+ so if your not 17, you shouldn't have bought the game in the first place.

I know what you're saying, I'm 17 but if I had use my real birthday on PS3 I wouldn't be able to use elite even though I'm of legal age to buy the game.
11-08-2011, 01:50 PM #17
Default Avatar
Cammy
Originally posted by Testozter0n View Post
To play you must be 18 years and for Elite its the same thing.
Good thing activision Smile

People of all ages are allowed to play the game, you only have to be 18 to buy the game.

The following user thanked Cammy for this useful post:

joelbluhme
11-08-2011, 02:21 PM #18
pardon my ignorance to this issue but how the hell do they know how old you are?? however it could be to do with the way you set your xbox up to begin with - you can log into the xbox.com website and go to online safety settings change it from teen or child to adult and pow it should work. this is what i would look at first it doesnt update auto all the time and look for a way to edit your personal settings im sure its there

You must login or register to view this content.

To get a refund via xbox live you have to contact them through there website its a painstaking process and one that normally ends in a result thats better for them, problem is you have purchased a subscription service for something you have agreed the terms of use for saying you are over the age to use said download and your not so youd be hard pushed to get your money back on that clause
11-08-2011, 03:27 PM #19
ReK
Prestige Service Provider
Well why the **** you you not put your age as 18 in the first place...

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo