Post: Could Old CoD Maps be Coming to MW3? / Name Changes of Liberation
01-31-2012, 02:12 AM #1
TheBigRod
uh-may-zuh-zing
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Could Old CoD Maps be Coming to MW3? / Name Changes of Liberation
Source: You must login or register to view this content. // By: TheBigRod // January 30th, 2012

You must login or register to view this content.

Robert Bowling (You must login or register to view this content.), Infinity Ward's creative strategist, discusses the previous names Liberation went through before release. He also talks about the old Call of Duty maps he'd like to personally play on MW3.

Bowling explained to us on how Liberation was previously supposed to be titled 'Park', referring to You must login or register to view this content., posted in December of 2011. The reasoning behind the name change was because a high amount of Infinity Ward's fan base complained about how the name of the DLC was lacking quite a bit of creativity. Infinity Ward then came to their senses and renamed the map pack to 'Central Park', creative, huh? But due to lawyers reacting in negative ways, speaking of legal ramifications, and not approving of the title, 'Central Park' wasn't going to be used, which was discussed by Bowling on a You must login or register to view this content. live stream. After speaking about the legal matters, Mr. Bowling went on to add, “I think, at the end of the day, we could have possibly called it Central Park,” but this wasn’t meant to be because the team behind Modern Warfare 3 decided to “give it a Call of Duty-esque name.”

During the stream, Bowling then commented on the possible DLC arrivals, other than maps and missions. According to the You must login or register to view this content., there are 20 drops planned, two of these drops are classified, which are posted on August and June, and a DLC that is a good possibility would have to be [url]https://www.nextgenupdate.com/forums/call-duty-modern-warfare-3-discussion/515332-mw3-might-receive-weapon-dlc-drops.html]Gun Drops[/url]. And speaking of maps, back in November there were You must login or register to view this content., which is quite interesting due to Bowling's comments on older maps coming into Modern Warfare 3.

When Bowling was asked whether the team behind Modern Warfare 3 would bring any old maps back, he stated “I don’t know yet.” Bowling added that from a personal standpoint, he “would love to see CrossFire, Backlot, Favela, and [his] favorite two Call of Duty maps ever, Overgrown and Crash.” Interestingly, four of the maps Bowling mentioned are allegedly included in MW3′s map files.

What old maps would you like to see in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3? From both CoD4 & MW2.
Last edited by TheBigRod ; 01-31-2012 at 02:27 AM.
01-31-2012, 02:30 AM #2
xd366
find me on twitter now
do you know if raven software is creating these dlc maps?
because i think thats what makes the original ones suck. they dont feel infinity ward like.
i personally love every mw2/cod4 map(with few exceptions).
so any old map would feel great over the current mw3 maps
01-31-2012, 02:42 AM #3
Why dont they Add Highrise,Rust, and Shipment.
I know for Sure alot of people would like that.

Mw3 needs some small maps for 1v1s, Etc...
Highrise is also an excellent Map for any types of games IMO
01-31-2012, 02:49 AM #4
TheBigRod
uh-may-zuh-zing
Originally posted by xd366 View Post
do you know if raven software is creating these dlc maps?
because i think thats what makes the original ones suck. they dont feel infinity ward like.
i personally love every mw2/cod4 map(with few exceptions).
so any old map would feel great over the current mw3 maps

You must login or register to view this content. :(

The following user thanked TheBigRod for this useful post:

xd366
01-31-2012, 02:51 AM #5
ZypeOG
Do a barrel roll!
Yeah Highrise, Rust, Terminal and Favela would be good
01-31-2012, 04:52 AM #6
xd366
find me on twitter now
Originally posted by TheBigRod View Post
You must login or register to view this content. :(

what a dissappointment. i think whats due to that is that they were told to make maps that fit for BOTH multiplayer and survival :/.
01-31-2012, 04:56 AM #7
TheBigRod
uh-may-zuh-zing
what a dissappointment. i think whats due to that is that they were told to make maps that fit for BOTH multiplayer and survival :/.

They should've just spent some extra cash on making separate maps for Survival & Multiplayer...
Have Raven make Survival maps & IW make Multiplayer.
01-31-2012, 04:58 AM #8
xd366
find me on twitter now
Originally posted by TheBigRod View Post
They should've just spent some extra cash on making separate maps for Survival & Multiplayer...
Have Raven make Survival maps & IW make Multiplayer.

or atleast what 3arc did for black ops wager matches. (modify the map to balance the size)
01-31-2012, 04:59 AM #9
TheBigRod
uh-may-zuh-zing
or atleast what 3arc did for black ops wager matches. (modify the map to balance the size)

Aha! That's an idea.
Just expand the map, depending on which map, to fit a good size for Survival.
And for Multiplayer, well, just keep it normal, haha.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo