Post: Call of Duty: World at War Official Multiplayer Strategy Guide
12-17-2008, 01:51 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Well I think I have played enough of the multiplayer to give some new Call of Duty players some hints. I will gladly accept constructive criticism and please point out any mistakes I make.

Get to Know the Maps

Airfield-Japanese/Marines
You must login or register to view this content.

Asylum -Russians, Germans

Castle-Japanese/Marines

Cliffside-Japanese/Marines

Courtyard-Japanese/Marines

Dome-Russians/Germans

Downfall-Russians/Germans

Hangar-Japanese/Marines

Makin-Japanese/Marines

Outskirts-Russians/Germans

Roundhouse-Russians/Germans

Seelow-Japanese/Marines

Upheaval-Russians/Germans

Basic Overview:

Airfield- This is a very good map for weapons such as the MP40 and the Type 100. Because if the enemy is far away you can use your aim to track them down and shoot them but if the action is very close you can shoot from the hip. The main sniping position on this map is the building by where the marines respawn.

Asylum- Not my favorite map but it's ok once you get the hang of it. Nonstop action and not many places to snipe from unless you're a mobile sniper or a no-scoper.

Castle- Not too bad of a map, has great War matches and full of action. Right now there are a lot of noobs glitching on it to get kills, gets annoying at times.
Cliffside- This map is a larger version of the ship map(forgot name) in COD4. It is very long but not much of the battle goes on in the middle, mostly on the sides. Still a great sniping map especially in Domination where you can watch over Flag B and get a bunch of kills.

Courtyard- Hmm…This is a very nice map, nicely set out and gives you no time to rest your finger, since it has a lot of action. Not great for sniping because the enemy will find you pretty quickly.

Dome- My favorite map in the game. it’s a small area and there is tons of action where Flag A and B are in Domination. You will find a lot of people in groups that you can take out with your MP40 or grenade. Great for getting high streaks if your good.

Downfall- I don’t really like this map. I just can’t seem to ever get a nice streak on it, especially with the tanks and the campers. But if you end up playing on this map, both sniper and an automatic would work.

Hangar- It’s a good map, but nothing special for me. You can get streaks every now and then. On this I usually try to no-scope but if you’re a camping sniper it wont get you much kills. So either be a mobile sniper or an automatic.

Makin- A nicely balanced map. You can have a sniper, a flamethrower, or automatic but you won’t feel underpowered or overpowered because of the maps layout. Some high points for snipers, buildings for close-up fighters(Shotguns, Flamethrowers, etc.) and some open space for the people in between.

Outskirts- This map is HUGE. Therefore this is perfect for snipers or weapons with scopes on them. The best thing to do is find a point overlooking an area in which people pass through and snipe them as the pass.

Roundhouse- Another of my not so favorite maps. The tanks seem a bit out of place and you will constantly be fighting with a tank when someone comes up behind you and kills you. One good point for snipers though.

Seelow- All I can say is GREAT map. The tanks are balanced out, very nice for long range snipers and great for intense action in the open.

Upheaval- There are many buildings on this map because it used to be a village I suppose. Great for camping snipers. Many high buildings overlooking some points in which enemies are constantly moving through. But you got to watch your back, that’s why we have those lovely betties.

Game Modes

(Hard)Core: On Hardcore there is less HUD and more damage.
Team Deathmatch- Kill all the players on the other team

Free For All- No allies, just kill anyone

War- It's like domination but you focus on 1 headquarter at a time. You push back and forth capturing and losing the headquarters until you have all of them or you run out of time, thus the name War

Search And Destroy- Take turns defending and attacking the objective. No respawn and first team to 4 points wins.

Core: All HUD
Boot Camp- Team death match for beginners, can be played until you reach level 8. But if you are currently in a game and reach level 8 you will be able to keep playing until you leave the lobby.

Ground War- 18 people can be in one game and the games will alternate from War to Team Deathmatch.

Capture The Flag- Capture the enemy's flag and bring it to yours for a point

Headquarters- Take over a neutral headquarter and keep it as long as you can.

Domination- 3 flags that need to be captured, A B and C. The more flags your team has the more points you get

Sabotage- A neutral bomb is placed in the center of the map, your mission is to get the bomb and destroy the objective. There is a respawn delay.

Veteran- Opens up at level 29, nothing special Team Deathmatch for level 29+.

Strategies

Team Deathmatch- This pretty straightforward, get as many kills as you can to get a lot of experience. To get a nice streak and eventually dogs this is what you need to do. When you get 3 kills wait until your 4th one to use your Recon plane. Find the enemy and make it your 5th. Now you have the artillery strike if you still have the radar target the highest enemy populated area. If you’re lucky you will get 2 kills which will get you dogs.

Now you have 2 choices, do you want a high kill streak or to get a streak again? If you want a high kill streak call in the dogs and keep killing the enemies. If you would rather get another streak, go on a crazy spree until you die. When you do die call in the dogs. Hopefully they will get 5 kills giving you an artillery strike. And the rest is self explanatory.

Free For All- The key here is to never let your guard down. Because when you kill an enemy without a silencer(or camouflage perk) you will appear as a red dot on the enemy map. So leave the area as quickly as you can after the kill.

War- This can be very good at getting a lot of kills with grenades or noobtubes(grenade launcher). Why? Because the enemy is focused on getting the headquarters so they can win the match. Noobs often forget that they are supposed to kill people and just go to get the headquarters. To capture it faster you need more people, so you will find them in groups.

If the HQ you have to capture is inside a building throw a grenade or use your grenade launcher. Hopefully you’ll get a kill or 2. If it is outside find a building in which you can take cover, but at the same time be able to kill.

Search and Destroy- A great mode for very fast exp. You get 50 points per kill and 100 for planting/defusing the bomb(I think). Camping during Search and Destroy is pretty useless unless you’re camping by the 2 objectives that you need to protect. Even then you don’t know where the other team is going to plant the bomb. So camping is not an option. A weapon with a silencer can be very helpful because stealth is very important in winning. If the enemy knows where you are they have a huge advantage. Streaks are hard to get because each match is broken apart into rounds. Both an automatic and sniper would work.

Capture The Flag- Thank you Sharpbucket
Originally posted by another user
Its obvious tbh, capture the enemy flag while still having control of your own team's flag. Returning your team's flag or capturing the enemies results in point bonuses as well as it being your objective.

First team to Three flag captures wins (unless time runs out) and then the sides swap over (you get TWO! match bonuses!)

What we did is that 2 of us went to capture the flag from the left, 2 from the right of it and the remaining two defended our flag. When we eventually captured the flag we ran through the middle in order to confuse the opposition.

Whenever the flag carrier is seen the flag symbol (similar to a S&Awesome face symbol) will appear wear he is (this includes a player shooting at the flag carrier or recon)

Planning and tactics is what makes CTF so intense. Having one person have Juggernaught and extreme conditioning (or you can try some other perks) so that they can take the flag to your own base quicker and safer is useful.

Bouncing Betties can be used offensively and defensively (place 'em round your flag or on your particular route while fleeing with their flag). Satchel charges can also aid if you are proficient with them.

Gun-wise I would not suggest a single shot rifle unless you are so good with it that chuck norris is scared of you. I use either a SMG or the german assault rifle (STRG-?).

Headquarters- You must login or register to view this content. Thank you X-Lash

Domination- In my opinion this is the best game mode. You do not need to have the most kills to be the #1 player in a match. You can just go around capturing flags and waiting until another one is taken over by the enemy and go capture it yourself.

On the other hand you can concentrate on killing only. The same strategy that can be used in War can also be used here. But the enemy aren’t always in groups, a single person can capture a flag without a help from a teammate. You can go around killing people who are using the strategy above. They are so busy trying to get from one flag to the other that they don’t watch their back.

Sabotage- Another great game mode. For me this is just like team deathmatch with a small objective to it. I hardly ever pick up the bomb because it exposes your location. This mode has very long matches if neither team plants the bomb and it explodes. I usually find myself playing 15+ minutes per match which is great for getting a lot of kills.

Please Thank,Nominate, or +rep me for this post
Last edited by George ; 02-07-2009 at 11:02 PM.

The following 31 users say thank you to George for this useful post:

47012007, AgentJon, bellis, Blade X, cod4z-b3st, Cragith, DirtyDudeOnline, DjBaLlSo, elfmotat, Favo, Fribz, Frog, Hazel, JABZ13, l-Jos3ph-l, laTex, llGrantll, lolyfoo, Mad-Swat, NanuGama, prodrive1, Tempest, Ungi97, Valimen, WeezyVBaby, X Lash, xI Jakk Ix, XxfigjamxX, XxlololxX
03-18-2009, 01:02 AM #38
Thanks ant
03-21-2009, 11:27 PM #39
thanks man thats helpful Smile

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

have they taken the tanks out of the game in the new update ?
03-25-2009, 09:09 AM #40
XxfigjamxX
Do a barrel roll!
Great thread man, It's obvious that alot of work went into it. I really apreciate the advice for the guns to use on which map and the mach type summarys.
04-10-2009, 11:10 AM #41
Originally posted by clarkeycfc View Post
thanks man thats helpful Smile

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

have they taken the tanks out of the game in the new update ?

Only in Hardcore

Originally posted by XxfigjamxX View Post
Great thread man, It's obvious that alot of work went into it. I really apreciate the advice for the guns to use on which map and the mach type summarys.

Just doing my job
05-08-2009, 03:55 PM #42
Hazel
Problem rule #16?
ya you should add the new maps because this realy helped me when i was starting out now im 2nd perstige level 46 and i still read it

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo