11-27-2010, 10:49 PM #1
Karoolus
I'm the W@W Menu Guy !
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); okay, i get the same question a lot, so i'm gonna answer it for all of you guys !

items required:

3.41 PS3 (with JailBreak obviously)
3.50 PS3
PC
ethernet cable (CAT5e / UTP / whatever you wanna call it)

software needed:

on 3.41
FTP server (can be done with Comgenies awesome file manager but i won't explain this here..)
IMPORTANT: if you want mods on the map packs, you will NEED them installed on this PS3 ! downloading them on your 3.50 from PS Store will overwrite the modded patch

on PC
FileZilla (or any FTP client) configured to connect to your PS3 FTP server

THE INSTALLATION

on your 3.41, make sure you have the 1.07 patch installed
you can do this 2 ways:
1. make sure you have a working internet connection on your 3.41 ! start WITHOUT jailbreak, insert the WAW disc & it'll prompt you with an update, install as you would do on 3.50
2. start WITH jailbreak (make sure you have at least PL3), download the 1.07 patch (You must login or register to view this content. OR You must login or register to view this content.) & install like you would install FTP server

Now we can get started with transferring a MODDED patch!

1. start FTP server on your 3.41, you'll see your ps3's IP address, write it down !
2. open FileZilla on your PC, type the IP address (you just wrote down) in the 'quick connect' address field & press quick connect (enter username & pw if you don't use BlackBox FTP)
3. in filezilla, in the right side, browse to hdd0/game/*your disc id*/usrdir/english/ (obviously replace the DISC ID with BLES00354 or BLUS30192)
4. on the left side, browse to the folder where you have the modded patch.ff (& PATCH.FF ONLY !)
5. DRAG it into the right side
6. It'll prompt you a warning that the file already exists, click OK (it should've highlighted OVERWRITE)

now you have a modded patch for the first map (& some patches the 2nd map as well, as it's in 1 file)
you COULD now transfer to your 3.50 & play these mods online.. although a lot of people want mods on the other maps as well so...

ONLY CONTINUE IF YOU HAVE THE MAP PACKS !
(If you have purchased the map packs legit in PS Store but they're not on your JailBreak PS3, read You must login or register to view this content. first !!)

once you have the map packs installed, it's basically the same to get a modded patch on, but you need to drop the file in a different folder:

Shi No Numa (nazi_zombie_sumpf_patch.ff) goes in 'hdd0/game/*DISC ID*/usrdir/english/dlcmappack2/english/nazi_zombie_sumpf_patch.ff'

Der Riese (nazi_zombie_factory_patch.ff) goes in 'hdd0/game/*DISC ID*/usrdir/english/dlcmappack3/english/nazi_zombie_factory_patch.ff'

important detail: i didn't come up with those names, 3arc did ! ppl ask me how to name the files etc.. i upload the files READY TO USE, no need to change names, no nothing.. drop it in the appropriate folder & you're good to go Smile
so if you get stuck, browse your ps3 hdd in FileZilla & find the .ff file with the EXACT same name.. just overwrite that one & should work just fine !

I hope this helps & keeps my inbox from getting spammed as much..
if you need help, just post in this thread instead of sending me a PM !

there you go & thank you!

yours truly,

Karoolus
Last edited by Karoolus ; 11-27-2010 at 11:44 PM.

The following 14 users say thank you to Karoolus for this useful post:

$oulja, alexfoy1989, GangsterDean, IRiSe_GodFather, JaMbO, k1ll3rs0wn, MrLegendz, qwerew, qwerty360, Shieldsy, Solid Snake, tec360, xd366
12-17-2010, 07:19 PM #38
Default Avatar
AK47_
i think it times for you to work on black ops , thanks for sharing your a great hacker
12-17-2010, 09:14 PM #39
WillMcLurvin
The Legend
Every time I host a lobby I can only host it once..... If I want to host another lobby with the mods etc. I have to data transfer again. Anyone know how I can stop this? So i don't have to data transfer for every lobby.
12-18-2010, 07:57 AM #40
Okami
Known As Yukuku
Originally posted by Karoolus View Post
okay, i get the same question a lot, so i'm gonna answer it for all of you guys !

items required:

3.41 PS3 (with JailBreak obviously)
3.50 PS3
PC
ethernet cable (CAT5e / UTP / whatever you wanna call it)

software needed:

on 3.41
FTP server (can be done with Comgenies awesome file manager but i won't explain this here..)
IMPORTANT: if you want mods on the map packs, you will NEED them installed on this PS3 ! downloading them on your 3.50 from PS Store will overwrite the modded patch

on PC
FileZilla (or any FTP client) configured to connect to your PS3 FTP server

THE INSTALLATION

on your 3.41, make sure you have the 1.07 patch installed
you can do this 2 ways:
1. make sure you have a working internet connection on your 3.41 ! start WITHOUT jailbreak, insert the WAW disc & it'll prompt you with an update, install as you would do on 3.50
2. start WITH jailbreak (make sure you have at least PL3), download the 1.07 patch (You must login or register to view this content. OR You must login or register to view this content.) & install like you would install FTP server

Now we can get started with transferring a MODDED patch!

1. start FTP server on your 3.41, you'll see your ps3's IP address, write it down !
2. open FileZilla on your PC, type the IP address (you just wrote down) in the 'quick connect' address field & press quick connect (enter username & pw if you don't use BlackBox FTP)
3. in filezilla, in the right side, browse to hdd0/game/*your disc id*/usrdir/english/ (obviously replace the DISC ID with BLES00354 or BLUS30192)
4. on the left side, browse to the folder where you have the modded patch.ff (& PATCH.FF ONLY !)
5. DRAG it into the right side
6. It'll prompt you a warning that the file already exists, click OK (it should've highlighted OVERWRITE)

now you have a modded patch for the first map (& some patches the 2nd map as well, as it's in 1 file)
you COULD now transfer to your 3.50 & play these mods online.. although a lot of people want mods on the other maps as well so...

ONLY CONTINUE IF YOU HAVE THE MAP PACKS !
(If you have purchased the map packs legit in PS Store but they're not on your JailBreak PS3, read You must login or register to view this content. first !!)

once you have the map packs installed, it's basically the same to get a modded patch on, but you need to drop the file in a different folder:

Shi No Numa (nazi_zombie_sumpf_patch.ff) goes in 'hdd0/game/*DISC ID*/usrdir/english/dlcmappack2/english/nazi_zombie_sumpf_patch.ff'

Der Riese (nazi_zombie_factory_patch.ff) goes in 'hdd0/game/*DISC ID*/usrdir/english/dlcmappack3/english/nazi_zombie_factory_patch.ff'

important detail: i didn't come up with those names, 3arc did ! ppl ask me how to name the files etc.. i upload the files READY TO USE, no need to change names, no nothing.. drop it in the appropriate folder & you're good to go Smile
so if you get stuck, browse your ps3 hdd in FileZilla & find the .ff file with the EXACT same name.. just overwrite that one & should work just fine !

I hope this helps & keeps my inbox from getting spammed as much..
if you need help, just post in this thread instead of sending me a PM !

there you go & thank you!

yours truly,

Karoolus

when i transfer over patch hacks are gone?
12-18-2010, 09:06 AM #41
Karoolus
I'm the W@W Menu Guy !
Originally posted by bomzene View Post
Every time I host a lobby I can only host it once..... If I want to host another lobby with the mods etc. I have to data transfer again. Anyone know how I can stop this? So i don't have to data transfer for every lobby.

Originally posted by yukuku View Post
when i transfer over patch hacks are gone?

same to both of you.. i've heard ppl complaining about this, but i still think it's weird that i'm like the only that HASN'T had this problem.. & trust me, i've tried MORE patches than all of you guys together..

but it always works for me...
idk what you guys do but i don't understand.. several ppl have problems with my patch(es) while they work just fine for others.. makes me think the ones with problems don't know what they're doing or do something wrong..

I've NEVER had this problem so idk.. thing is: the game ISN'T allowed to change the patch while in the game (hence the shutdown when installing new patch)
so i don't get where the mods've gone..
but as long as i don't have this problem, you're gonna have to figure it out yourself..
12-18-2010, 09:13 AM #42
WillMcLurvin
The Legend

but it always works for me...
idk what you guys do but i don't understand.. several ppl have problems with my patch(es) while they work just fine for others.. makes me think the ones with problems don't know what they're doing or do something wrong..

I've had tons of mw2 patches and cod4 patches and they all worked fine, I can use them more than once. However yours patches for w@w don't stick :/ EXCEPT the "challenge lobby in private match" one. For some reason that patch sticks and so does your unlock all and trophy patch for zombies.

So I'm guessing there must be something different about your other online patches to the "private match" one. I don't know if this helps at all, but I can't find anything I'm doing wrong. I am going through standard processes of: Jailbreak 3.41>transfer patch>data transfer>start private match on 3.55 to see if it works (it does)>try to start another lobby up> NO mods.

Maybe it's something to do with the regional code? What region are your patches?
12-18-2010, 09:17 AM #43
Karoolus
I'm the W@W Menu Guy !
Originally posted by addiction
i think it times for you to work on black ops , thanks for sharing your a great hacker

i don't feel like hacking BO yet..
I'm giving 3arc a second chance to get the game working properly..
+ i don't think i'll be able to hack it until someone figures out the recompression..
i suck @ that kinda stuff..

---------- Post added at 04:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 AM ----------

Originally posted by bomzene View Post
I've had tons of mw2 patches and cod4 patches and they all worked fine, I can use them more than once. However yours patches for w@w don't stick :/ EXCEPT the "challenge lobby in private match" one. For some reason that patch sticks and so does your unlock all and trophy patch for zombies.

So I'm guessing there must be something different about your other online patches to the "private match" one. I don't know if this helps at all, but I can't find anything I'm doing wrong. I am going through standard processes of: Jailbreak 3.41>transfer patch>data transfer>start private match on 3.55 to see if it works (it does)>try to start another lobby up> NO mods.

Maybe it's something to do with the regional code? What region are your patches?

I'm BLES00354

but i don't get why i never have this problem !
EVERY patch i release is tested at LEAST 10 times before i'm satisfied with the result..
12-18-2010, 09:19 AM #44
will it work if u have a 3.55 and a 3.41 ps3?
12-18-2010, 09:23 AM #45
WillMcLurvin
The Legend
i don't feel like hacking BO yet..
I'm giving 3arc a second chance to get the game working properly..
+ i don't think i'll be able to hack it until someone figures out the recompression..
i suck @ that kinda stuff..

---------- Post added at 04:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 AM ----------

I'm BLES00354

but i don't get why i never have this problem !
EVERY patch i release is tested at LEAST 10 times before i'm satisfied with the result..

I know, your patches are awesome! I am also also BLES00354 :/ so that's not the problem then. Is there anything really different about your "CL in private match" patch than in your "MP patch with verification" patch?

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

Originally posted by LoneGhost View Post
will it work if u have a 3.55 and a 3.41 ps3?

What do you mean? The patches will work if your 3.41 is jailbroken and then you data transfer to 3.55, yes.
12-18-2010, 09:28 AM #46
YAY IM SAVED!!! Smile
i orderd a ps3 to host challenge lobbies Smile

---------- Post added at 05:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 AM ----------

Thanks for reply....

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo