07-16-2008, 01:28 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); July 15, 2008 - Jack Bauer is going to war. Activision's Tuesday evening E3 media briefing offered up a wealth of new details about the upcoming shooter sequel Call of Duty: World at War, and chief among them was the revelation that actor Kiefer Sutherland would be lending his voice to the game. Best known for his work as the leading man for Fox's drama 24, Sutherland's proficiency at fighting terrorists may be stretched when he's faced with foes in World War II's Pacific Theater instead.

The new Pacific setting was called one of the "grittiest and most intense campaigns they've experienced" by presenter Mark Lamia, who added that the enemies players will meet "know no fear and show no mercy."

New additions to the gameplay included bazookas, flame tanks and flamethrowers, which offer massive destructive potential at the risk of equally massive danger to your character – it's like walking around with a bomb strapped to your back.

The game will also feature a co-op mode, supporting four players online or two players locally via split screen. The co-op mode will keep track of each player's individual statistics and scores, adding an element of competitiveness to the action.

Call of Duty: World at War is set to hit all major systems this November.

You must login or register to view this content.

The following user thanked Hank4018™ for this useful post:

Public Account
07-16-2008, 01:52 PM #2
Buster52
To Cool For School
Can't wait for this beast
07-16-2008, 02:20 PM #3
shadeyb
bury me a G
sweet dude looks goodSmile^
07-16-2008, 02:40 PM #4
xSOADx
Banana Joe
Can't wait, i'm looking forward for the flame thorwer Winky Winky
07-17-2008, 02:22 AM #5
RollinShake1693
S.P.E.C.I.A.L
this is gonna be gay u cant come off modern wafare to go back to ww2 genre type based games they should have done a sequel to modern warfare of gone to advanced warfare wich would br like halo but better and infinity ward should have produced this

modernwarfare-ww2=gay!!!!!!!
07-17-2008, 02:58 AM #6
Thanks for the details!

This may actually be Treyarch's best game! I am not talking about Activision at all.
07-17-2008, 03:35 AM #7
SmokinAce
Gym leader
you know whats funny is everyone says this is going to be gay cause their going back to ww2 but how much do you want to bet most of the people on here are going to buy it

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo