Post: 10th Prestige Glitch - (Still works, different way)
08-15-2009, 10:50 AM #1
Ghostwolf_14
S.P.E.C.I.A.L
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); The 10th Prestige Glitch is now Patched. This post is now useless, and it was gone until it got Bumped. Moderator/s please close. Thank you.

Hey guys, I heard people are saying that the 10th Prestige glitch is patched and that it doesnt work anymore. That isnt true.

You had to pull the Ethernet Cable, you didnt have to do something in-game to cause the glitch so it wasnt Patched at all.

You have to be good enough to get the right timing in order for it to work.
Mind you this is a different way of getting the glitch to be successful since I hear other people are saying that the old way doesnt work anymore.

EDIT: I also added another 2 ways that have a better/more chance of working. I have also added two videos below since someone asked but they arent to do with the new Glitch. I just linked them so someone who was new to this could get a rough idea on what to do.

TUTORIALS:

Tutorial 1: (PS3)

1. Get to 55 (65?) able to Prestige.
2. Enter Prestige and wait 3 seconds then pull out the Ethernet Cable.
3. Turn off PS3 by the front.
4. Plug the Ethernet Cable in and turn the PS3 on by using the front.
5. Log into the User that you did it with.
6. Go to the game.
7. You should be Level 1 Prestige.
8. Quit the game.
9. Delete the User that you did the glitch on.
10. Create a new User and re-create the Account you just deleted.
11. Log in and go to the game.
12. You should now be level 55 (65?) next prestige.

WARNING: Make sure you know your details before deleting the User. Not sure if this works past 55 (65?) Un-Prestiged, have not tried. Again like Call of Duty 5 it may not work on everyones Account.

Tutorial 2: (PS3)

1. Make a copy of saved data for COD WaW and keep it on USB.
2. Start the game and go to the Barraks/Prestige.
3. Hit Prestige and count 1..2..PULL! (Ethernet Cable)
4. Power off the PS3 from the front and hold till it turns off.
5. Plug the Ethernet Cable in and restart the PS3.
6. Start the game and check your Rank.
7. If on next Prestige and lvl 1, go to next step, if not repeat previous steps until it worked.
8. Quit the game and go to saved game Utility/Memeory Card and copy original saved CoD profile back to PS3 and hit yes to overwrite.
9. Restart the game and check your Rank, you should be on the next Prestige and lvl 65.
10. Repeat until you are at the Prestige you want.

Tutorial 3: (PS3)

1. Get to Rank 65.
2. Go to the Barracks, then Prestige and click Yes at the end.
3. Pull out the Ethernet Cable from your PS3.
4. Turn off your PS3 from the front.
5. Plug the Ethernet Cable back in.
6. Turn your PS3 on and go to the game.
7. You should be next Prestige Rank 65 and keep doing it till you get 10th Prestige.

Note: The 2nd and 3rd Tutorial seem to work better.
(When you unplug the Cable it will say Network Connection etc. hit X)
(When you turn off the PS3, turn it off from the front)

VIDEOS: (These videos are not mine, I'm just posting them because the player who found out the Glitch did and I thought it might be helpful in some way.)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPu940b99-0"]YouTube - call of duty 10th prestige glitch tutorial (ORIGINAL)[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOZCs3x91SM"]YouTube - Call of Duty : WaW - Prestige Glitch [PS3][/ame]
(Rumor says that this Glitch in the 2nd video only works for the older version of the PS3, 60GB)

Both the Tutorial and Videos was not founded by me, but by another player on NGB (Nextgenboards). I am just the messenger boy.

I also put (65?) next to 55 on the first Tutorial because I'm not sure if it was meant to be 65. I thought it might of been a typo, but it was done 3 times.

Many players on NGB (Nextgenboards) say they have tried it and that it works, although like usual some have said it doesnt. They might not be pulling the Ethernet Cable out in time but who knows..

If anyone didnt know this before, well now you do!
Good luck to anyone who tries it, and let's hope you get the timing right!
I would appreciate it if people 'Thanks' my post, afterall I did tell you guys about it! Smile

Ghostwolf_14

The 10th Prestige Glitch is now Patched. This post is now useless, and it was gone until it got Bumped. Moderator/s please close. Thank you.
Last edited by Ghostwolf_14 ; 09-02-2009 at 07:47 AM. Reason: More news.

The following 12 users say thank you to Ghostwolf_14 for this useful post:

-Pu$haz-, 47012007, 7LestoracX, Azràno, daddar, dominicanpimp10, hitmanforlife1, Hondarydr, LeBron-James, luceathome, SAS_Racer, stuart93
08-15-2009, 08:30 PM #20
dragonzballgt
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by iWarrior View Post
Nothing all you need is email and password and you are set.

ok thanks, i'm going to try it right now

EDIT: i tried twice right now but both times i checked i was still lever 65 same rank (after prestiging and taking out ethernet and turning off ps3), it sais i should be level 1, am i doing something wrong
Last edited by dragonzballgt ; 08-15-2009 at 08:41 PM. Reason: want to add something
08-15-2009, 09:06 PM #21
quigs
Gym leader
Originally posted by 14 View Post
No sorry, this Tutorial is only for the PS3 Console.

do you know if there is a way to do this with wireless? im sitting at level 65 atm and wanna finnaly get my prestige 10 so a quick respone would help:P
08-15-2009, 09:25 PM #22
Ghostwolf_14
S.P.E.C.I.A.L
Originally posted by quigs View Post
do you know if there is a way to do this with wireless? im sitting at level 65 atm and wanna finnaly get my prestige 10 so a quick respone would help:P

Nah, I don't sorry. I myself use wireless and I want to know how to do it like this aswell. If I ever find out, I'll find you and let you know!

The following user thanked Ghostwolf_14 for this useful post:

Azràno
08-15-2009, 09:28 PM #23
quigs
Gym leader
Nah, I don't sorry. I myself use wireless and I want to know how to do it like this aswell. If I ever find out, I'll find you and let you know!

ok thanks for the help anyway =]
08-15-2009, 09:56 PM #24
Ghostwolf_14
S.P.E.C.I.A.L
Originally posted by quigs View Post
ok thanks for the help anyway =]

You're most welcome! I enjoy helping people a much as I can, hehe. Smile

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

Originally posted by Donnelly View Post
Hey I'm rank 59 so I'll try this on my alt. account. Any chance of a video tutorial? Not that it's needed but it would be good.

If I used an Ethernet Cable, I would of already created a Tutorial for you and everyone else by now to show. But unfortunatley my PS3 is wireless so I cant.
08-15-2009, 10:10 PM #25
dragonzballgt
Do a barrel roll!
you guys, when i try this and in the instructions it says im supposed to show up as level 1 next prestige in the game right?
well everytime i try it im the same rank and same prestige, will it still work? am i doing it wrong?
08-16-2009, 03:34 AM #26
iWarrior
I Sell Fifa Coins.
You're most welcome! I enjoy helping people a much as I can, hehe. Smile

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

If I used an Ethernet Cable, I would of already created a Tutorial for you and everyone else by now to show. But unfortunatley my PS3 is wireless so I cant.

What so your saying you have not tried this yourself?
08-16-2009, 06:06 AM #27
dragonzballgt
Do a barrel roll!
okay seriously this is like the 3rd or 4th time of me asking this but i tried it and when it sais i'm supposed to be level 1 (next prestige) on the instructions, i stay level 65 (same prestige) , can anyone explain? am i doing it wrong or what?
08-16-2009, 09:29 AM #28
Ghostwolf_14
S.P.E.C.I.A.L
Originally posted by iWarrior View Post
What so your saying you have not tried this yourself?

No, I haven't.
There are two videos that have now been posted on the front page. They should help you. I have also added another 2 ways to do the Glitch.

Originally posted by dragonzballgt View Post
okay seriously this is like the 3rd or 4th time of me asking this but i tried it and when it sais i'm supposed to be level 1 (next prestige) on the instructions, i stay level 65 (same prestige) , can anyone explain? am i doing it wrong or what?

Maybe you aren't pulling the Ethernet Cable out in time? :p. Not sure, like I said to to the post above me: I have now added two videos and another 2 ways to do the Glitch.

Originally posted by Donnelly View Post
Hey I'm rank 59 so I'll try this on my alt. account. Any chance of a video tutorial? Not that it's needed but it would be good.

Hey, I added 2 videos in the end since you asked. I hope they helped! Smile
Last edited by Ghostwolf_14 ; 08-16-2009 at 09:22 AM.

The following user thanked Ghostwolf_14 for this useful post:

7LestoracX

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo