02-15-2012, 04:20 PM #1
Kearney158
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); STEP 1.

Do you have a jailbroken PS3 or a PS3 on Custom Firmware (CFW) ??

If yes move on, otherwise check out; You must login or register to view this content.

STEP 2.

Download a modded patch that you want to edit; You must login or register to view this content.

STEP 3.

You need to open the patch on your computer, to do this you need either an .ffviewer or you could do it manually. For example you could use one of these (I personally use BuC-Shotz) ;

BuC-Shotz 2 FF Viewers:
You must login or register to view this content.

INSANELY_DEATH's One:
Download:

CMD Way :
(Link to how to do it on COD4 but its the same way as W@W)

(W@W Offsets) :

STEP 4.

Now that you're able to open the patch you need to know how to edit it, check out the following for help but the best way to learn is by going through the patch and just trying to understand it yourself;

STEP 5.

You need to put patch onto the PS3, check out;

note: the above link is a tutorial for filezilla, you can also use a file manager such as 'comgenies awesome file manager'

HAPPY MODDING
Last edited by Kearney158 ; 02-18-2012 at 02:01 PM.

The following 2 users say thank you to Kearney158 for this useful post:

Inspiration, IVI40A3Fusionz
02-16-2012, 09:29 AM #2
Super Vegito
The Best Gamer
if you wrote this yourself then its a :y: if you didn't /facepalm lol anyway nice job Happy
02-16-2012, 01:21 PM #3
IVI40A3Fusionz
Former Gaming Squad Member
Originally posted by Kearney158 View Post
STEP 1.

Do you have a jailbroken PS3 or a PS3 on Custom Firmware (CFW) ??

If yes move on, otherwise check out; You must login or register to view this content.

STEP 2.

Download a modded patch that you want to edit; You must login or register to view this content.

STEP 3.

You need to open the patch_mp.ff on your computer, to do this you need either an .ffviewer or you could do it manually. For example you could use one of these (I personally use BuC-Shotz) ;

BuC-Shotz 2 FF Viewers:

INSANELY_DEATH's One:
Download:

CMD Way :
(Link to how to do it on COD4 but its the same way as W@W)

(W@W Offsets) :

STEP 4.

Now that you're able to open the patch you need to know how to edit it, check out the following for help but the best way to learn is by going through the patch and just trying to understand it yourself;

STEP 5.

You need to put patch_mp onto the PS3, check out;

note: the above link is a tutorial for filezilla, you can also use a file manager such as 'comgenies awesome file manager'

HAPPY MODDING

Very good thread for the new beginners to coding that want to make their own patch Smile. I still use the old CMD way though lol.
02-16-2012, 05:19 PM #4
xRaW
xI2aW-
well depends how you mean noobs. they wouldnt be able to do this. Like my bro wouldnt have a clue wtf ur on about lol
02-16-2012, 06:01 PM #5
Kearney158
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by EliteRampage100 View Post
if you wrote this yourself then its a :y: if you didn't /facepalm lol anyway nice job Happy

Course I wrote it myself! Don't insult me....I just felt I should give something back after all the help I've gotten from this site, I know its not much but its the best I can do for now :P

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

Originally posted by xRaW View Post
well depends how you mean noobs. they wouldnt be able to do this. Like my bro wouldnt have a clue wtf ur on about lol

Yeah I should probably rename it to "For beginners" ...oh well :L

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

Originally posted by IVI40A3Fusionz View Post
Very good thread for the new beginners to coding that want to make their own patch Smile. I still use the old CMD way though lol.

Thanks, I just felt that when I started I didn't have a clue where to look or what to do so I thought it'd be helpful to have all the links and that in one thread

The following user thanked Kearney158 for this useful post:

IVI40A3Fusionz
02-16-2012, 06:39 PM #6
How do you jailbreak ps3 then? i did it on 3.55 and i remember the steps but can you do it anymore? please provide a link to one that works!
02-16-2012, 06:51 PM #7
IVI40A3Fusionz
Former Gaming Squad Member
Originally posted by stenmets98 View Post
How do you jailbreak ps3 then? i did it on 3.55 and i remember the steps but can you do it anymore? please provide a link to one that works!

You now need 2 PS3's to be able to host online or a PS3 on 3.55 or below just to jailbreak.
02-16-2012, 07:00 PM #8
Kearney158
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by stenmets98 View Post

3.55 fw is the most recent jailbreak, any firmware above that can't be jailbroken...yet. This tutorial shows how to put the patch_mp onto a jailbroken PS3, if you want to use your edited patch_mp online, you must data transfer from the 3.41/3.55 jailbroken/CFW PS3 to your updated/4.1fw PS3.

Data transferring is pretty much the only way to put the PS3 patch onto an updated ps3 but if you're desperate I guess you could try decrypting the HDD using the 'hdd studio' method but I don't think it works :/
02-16-2012, 07:28 PM #9
Super Vegito
The Best Gamer
Originally posted by Kearney158 View Post
Course I wrote it myself! Don't insult me....I just felt I should give something back after all the help I've gotten from this site, I know its not much but its the best I can do for now :P

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

Yeah I should probably rename it to "For beginners" ...oh well :L

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

Thanks, I just felt that when I started I didn't have a clue where to look or what to do so I thought it'd be helpful to have all the links and that in one thread
Oh ok then sorry
02-16-2012, 10:01 PM #10
Thanks dude! Help me quite a bit.
BTW funny sunglasses sig EliteRampage100

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo