07-04-2012, 12:10 AM #1
thatbrat
We Are Legion.
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Alright, i know 90% of people know this information already, however i just thought i would post in in case anyone does not.
As most of you are aware, sony are resigning the old patches, and play-station store content. This means that the ECDSA signature of the files on your PS3 will not be the same as the ones they put in the later firmwares, and that the 3.55 keys that sign some of your data will no longer be valid as they are also blacklisting the 3.55 NPDRMs. This means that that if you are running on 3.55 online, that most of the content on there will also not load. I had this earlier and it pissed me off no end, so thought i would try and save other people the same annoyance. In order to get the content working on both a 3.55 and 4.20 ps3, with or without your modded stuff do the following:-

1)On normal 4.20(or online 3.55), download the patch, install it, and check the game runs. THen data transfer to 3.55 (use any spoofer you like on the 3.55 so it works)

2) on 3.55 take the .self, sprx, edat, and .bin files in the download folder you data transferred using FTP/filemanager, and back them up in a known location, then replace those files with these (link to files at bottom of the post) this will allow running on 3.55 machine.

4) do what you want(this will allow the game to run, and allow you to test/play) then when you want to send it all back to the other ps3 again, replace the files you downloaded from here, with the ones you backed up, and then data transfer back.

5) Game should run.

This is because the files i linked are signed for 3.55, and the ones on the new patch for 4.2, you just switch them over depending on what machine needs them Smile I know this may be a long winded thread for a very simple process, however i know i had to help some friends with this earlier, so i hope this helps.

This file contains the files with the old signature for cod4 & 5. I was only able to find the PKG for 2 of the map packs, and none of the cod4 ones, sorry about that. If anyone has the last edat for der riese, and the cod4 map, please inform me as i need it Happy

You must login or register to view this content.

PS. anyone know what the plural of crisis is, and how to spell it? :P

The following 2 users say thank you to thatbrat for this useful post:

x Elite MoDz x, User2340034u
07-04-2012, 01:14 AM #2
thatbrat
We Are Legion.
Originally posted by zFI2oST
Good and very useful post Simon, and whats up?

Yea, doing good bro :-) I've Come back to PS3 modding again Happy

How've you been?
07-04-2012, 01:18 AM #3
thatbrat
We Are Legion.
Thats awesome man, and I've been alright I just have been on xbox and some what stopped gaming since I got a car. hbu man?

Yea, mostly just messing with the AI on cod5 to make the bots less retarded lol. (got a friend helping me) And am starting a new youtube doing duel commentaries and stuff XD
07-04-2012, 01:30 AM #4
thatbrat
We Are Legion.
Thats cool, wheres the link to your channel?

Lulz, not made it yet, that comes tomorrow Happy
Doing it with Shaun, and he has not had access to a PS3 for the last week ;(
07-04-2012, 01:30 AM #5
thanks very helpful

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

make more helpful stuff like this
07-04-2012, 02:18 PM #6
nay1995
The Master
Originally posted by thatbrat View Post
Alright, i know 90% of people know this information already, however i just thought i would post in in case anyone does not.
As most of you are aware, sony are resigning the old patches, and play-station store content. This means that the ECDSA signature of the files on your PS3 will not be the same as the ones they put in the later firmwares, and that the 3.55 keys that sign some of your data will no longer be valid as they are also blacklisting the 3.55 NPDRMs. This means that that if you are running on 3.55 online, that most of the content on there will also not load. I had this earlier and it pissed me off no end, so thought i would try and save other people the same annoyance. In order to get the content working on both a 3.55 and 4.20 ps3, with or without your modded stuff do the following:-

1)On normal 4.20(or online 3.55), download the patch, install it, and check the game runs. THen data transfer to 3.55 (use any spoofer you like on the 3.55 so it works)

2) on 3.55 take the .self, sprx, edat, and .bin files in the download folder you data transferred using FTP/filemanager, and back them up in a known location, then replace those files with these (link to files at bottom of the post) this will allow running on 3.55 machine.

4) do what you want(this will allow the game to run, and allow you to test/play) then when you want to send it all back to the other ps3 again, replace the files you downloaded from here, with the ones you backed up, and then data transfer back.

5) Game should run.

This is because the files i linked are signed for 3.55, and the ones on the new patch for 4.2, you just switch them over depending on what machine needs them Smile I know this may be a long winded thread for a very simple process, however i know i had to help some friends with this earlier, so i hope this helps.

This file contains the files with the old signature for cod4 & 5. I was only able to find the PKG for 2 of the map packs, and none of the cod4 ones, sorry about that. If anyone has the last edat for der riese, and the cod4 map, please inform me as i need it Happy

my cod4 and 5 work perfect on 3.55 ps3 online... anyway thats just me Smile
07-04-2012, 08:01 PM #7
thatbrat
We Are Legion.
Originally posted by nay View Post
my cod4 and 5 work perfect on 3.55 ps3 online... anyway thats just me

It's only a prob on 3.55 if you install the new patch, which i accidentally did by data transferring lol. It's only gonna change if you install the change, they can't remote force key changes.
07-12-2012, 08:32 PM #8
Originally posted by thatbrat View Post
Alright, i know 90% of people know this information already, however i just thought i would post in in case anyone does not.

5) Game should run.

plural of crisis is crises :y:

The following user thanked FuntCase for this useful post:

thatbrat

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo