01-18-2011, 11:38 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Why 12? because 12 is cool, and cool... IS 12!

Anyway,

To learn C++ you need the following

• DevCPP (C++ Compiler)
  • A website C++ Tutorial bookmarked!
  • A open and creative mind
  • A natual fear of GOTO LOOPS!

Ok first off the DevCPP compiler.
    This is a well known free source C++ compiler written in Delphi, and is used by many educational colleges, we have it on all our 400 computers at my technology college.

https://www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html

[url=https://sourceforge.net/projects/dev-cpp/files/Binaries/Dev-C%2B%2B%204.9.9.2/devcpp-4.9.9.2_setup.exe/download]Download link[/url]

Secondly, the C++ tutorial (BOOKMARK IT)
    This website is great, I studied C++ here before i started my software development course and it gave me a massive advantage over the group (plus i looked UBERGEEK Happy) 

The website is [url=https://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/]C++ Language Tutorial[/url]

An open creative mind!
    It is almost required to be able to solve problems in C++ and i tell you know, you will literately spend 5% of your time actually programming, and 95% fixing your code. the same C++ program can almost be written in at least 10 different ways (10 different major ways like almost completely different)

Finally, a natural fear of GOTO LOOPS
    When learning C++, you might come across the goto loop, or might have used it in batch scripts. Dont ask any questions, just dont use it, you will be laugh at. End of.

Hope this helps you guys set of on your own C++ journey, there are many laughs to be made especially when your friend fries a CPU chip with a faulty loop :Sad AwesomeD.

The following 3 users say thank you to TheUberFail for this useful post:

Nuke, skatin707, Toon_Squad
01-25-2011, 05:03 PM #11
MrChazzX14
Do a barrel roll!
Dude, yeah thenewboston from YouTube probably has good tutorials rather than just copying and pasting
01-25-2011, 05:07 PM #12
Girby2K11
☮ ☯ ☢ ✔ ➝
Originally posted by EnD
Video tutorials only show you how to pretty much "copy and paste" codes into Visual Basic. You fully know C++ when you can write a "one of kind" program all by yourself.

but i can write command prompt programs of the top of my head by thinking not copying pasting 'thenewboston' is a really good teacher
01-25-2011, 05:12 PM #13
EnD*
Smiley Stories
Originally posted by Girby2K11 View Post
but i can write command prompt programs of the top of my head by thinking not copying pasting 'thenewboston' is a really good teacher

Command prompt are a simple as making UIWeb Apps for iPhones. You don't need much experience with java or C++
01-25-2011, 09:14 PM #14
Girby2K11
☮ ☯ ☢ ✔ ➝
Originally posted by EnD
Command prompt are a simple as making UIWeb Apps for iPhones. You don't need much experience with java or C++

can you send the stuff you learn off then because i really want to be a programmer
01-25-2011, 09:35 PM #15
can you send the stuff you learn off then because i really want to be a programmer

Heres a program i wrote Smile

You must login or register to view this content.

as you can see, a little bit more simple than...

@echo off
echo Im a 1337 programmer
01-25-2011, 09:42 PM #16
Girby2K11
☮ ☯ ☢ ✔ ➝
Originally posted by TheUberFail View Post
Heres a program i wrote Smile

as you can see, a little bit more simple than...

@echo off
echo Im a 1337 programmer

:wtf: :O how do you learn this stuff what book, video, web page?
01-25-2011, 09:46 PM #17
:wtf: :O how do you learn this stuff what book, video, web page?

btw, do not learn from that thenewboston guy, he does not teach C++, only how to replicate the use of C++, for example, yes you can write if statements, do couts but he does not teach the theory behind it all, and does not teach you them, only how to use them in examples, for example, did you actually know cout, and cin means console out and console in? *not sure if its mentioned in his video*.

Anyway, just learn from cplusplus.com, i might set up a C++ support IRC, although do you know anyone else willing to learn C++?

The following user thanked TheUberFail for this useful post:

EnD*
01-25-2011, 09:50 PM #18
Girby2K11
☮ ☯ ☢ ✔ ➝
Originally posted by TheUberFail View Post
btw, do not learn from that thenewboston guy, he does not teach C++, only how to replicate the use of C++, for example, yes you can write if statements, do couts but he does not teach the theory behind it all, and does not teach you them, only how to use them in examples, for example, did you actually know cout, and cin means console out and console in? *not sure if its mentioned in his video*.

Anyway, just learn from cplusplus.com, i might set up a C++ support IRC, although do you know anyone else willing to learn C++?

are thanks man im going to learn. also how long did it take you to leanr all of that. i was like OMFG im inside a computer
01-25-2011, 09:54 PM #19
are thanks man im going to learn. also how long did it take you to leanr all of that. i was like OMFG im inside a computer

What you mean your inside a computer? lol, well it took me 2 months to graps the basics of C++, the syntax, the functions, data structures, data types, arrays, pointers, pretty much everything thenewboston guy covers, just after i finished learning that i started my national diploma in software development, and met a peer whos a microsoft certified software developer, he helped me grass the concept of classes and librarys, pretty useful.

Do you know any one else who wants to learn C++?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo