01-18-2011, 11:38 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Why 12? because 12 is cool, and cool... IS 12!

Anyway,

To learn C++ you need the following

• DevCPP (C++ Compiler)
  • A website C++ Tutorial bookmarked!
  • A open and creative mind
  • A natual fear of GOTO LOOPS!

Ok first off the DevCPP compiler.
    This is a well known free source C++ compiler written in Delphi, and is used by many educational colleges, we have it on all our 400 computers at my technology college.

https://www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html

[url=https://sourceforge.net/projects/dev-cpp/files/Binaries/Dev-C%2B%2B%204.9.9.2/devcpp-4.9.9.2_setup.exe/download]Download link[/url]

Secondly, the C++ tutorial (BOOKMARK IT)
    This website is great, I studied C++ here before i started my software development course and it gave me a massive advantage over the group (plus i looked UBERGEEK Happy) 

The website is [url=https://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/]C++ Language Tutorial[/url]

An open creative mind!
    It is almost required to be able to solve problems in C++ and i tell you know, you will literately spend 5% of your time actually programming, and 95% fixing your code. the same C++ program can almost be written in at least 10 different ways (10 different major ways like almost completely different)

Finally, a natural fear of GOTO LOOPS
    When learning C++, you might come across the goto loop, or might have used it in batch scripts. Dont ask any questions, just dont use it, you will be laugh at. End of.

Hope this helps you guys set of on your own C++ journey, there are many laughs to be made especially when your friend fries a CPU chip with a faulty loop :Sad AwesomeD.

The following 3 users say thank you to TheUberFail for this useful post:

Nuke, skatin707, Toon_Squad
01-19-2011, 05:54 PM #2
if i can masteh teh console app i can master teh gui app?
01-19-2011, 05:56 PM #3
Originally posted by Killer1478 View Post
if i can masteh teh console app i can master teh gui app?

to write Window windows is very hard to master in raw code, allot of people use API's and more visual editors, although i dont feel qualified to comment on this as i have never written a GUI yet.
01-19-2011, 06:05 PM #4
Originally posted by TheUberFail View Post
to write Window windows is very hard to master in raw code, allot of people use API's and more visual editors, although i dont feel qualified to comment on this as i have never written a GUI yet.

what if i did it with say visual c++

anyone i dont understnad half the things the tut is saying. Should i start with c# i know vb that is easy stuff for me
01-19-2011, 06:14 PM #5
writing a full C++ application with a GUI interface i personally would of thought would take 1 to 3 years learning C++ - based on 3 to 4 hours a week learning it.
01-19-2011, 06:19 PM #6
Girby2K11
☮ ☯ ☢ ✔ ➝
im 13 and i learnt C++ fro mthe newboston on youtube and this tutorial on that website i cant understand it i prefer video tuorials but ill try to learn off this website
01-19-2011, 07:21 PM #7
bizman
Bounty hunter
Begin with python.
01-25-2011, 06:06 AM #8
angel_of_deth
Climbing up the ladder
or start with c
01-25-2011, 04:38 PM #9
Originally posted by deth View Post
or start with c

nice sig of uchiha madara
01-25-2011, 04:47 PM #10
EnD*
Smiley Stories
Originally posted by Girby2K11 View Post
im 13 and i learnt C++ fro mthe newboston on youtube and this tutorial on that website i cant understand it i prefer video tuorials but ill try to learn off this website

Video tutorials only show you how to pretty much "copy and paste" codes into Visual Basic. You fully know C++ when you can write a "one of kind" program all by yourself.

The following user thanked EnD* for this useful post:

TheUberFail

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo