02-11-2011, 11:38 PM #1
Ritztro
I am a Game Developer
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Well I have been using an IDE for quiet awhile now and I have been running into so many problems that its almost to the point that I can't even use it anymore due to so many errors. The reason for this is that the IDE is so general purpose that it cant even accomplish what I am trying to do. Now here is the tip, use gcc or g++ and a command line. First or GNU GCC or GNU G++ offers free licensing for your programs. Even seen a porgram withput a GNU license? I havent because GNU is absolutly free no strings attached.

Now, you can use the GNU compiler with an IDE but you cant really get the specifics you might need in the future of c++. Now to solve this I would recommend (for windows users) getting MinGW or Cygwin since they are pretty much linux environments with G++ and GCC installed. If you use ubuntu then go ahead and just type in
"sudo apt-get install g++" into your terminal.

Finally once you have all the needed tools you can use the command line. Which means you can compile with various flags like this: "g++ main.cpp -o TestArea" and it will compile!! Now I would use this and makefiles due to future problems with IDE's.

Trust me on this, I just talked to a computer science major and this is what he used and said to me.

The following user thanked Ritztro for this useful post:

ImTheBabyKicker

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo