04-13-2011, 12:10 PM #1
Outlasted Wolf
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi,
I recently picked up programming and have been doing html, bat, bit of JavaScript.. and wanted to learn a "proper" language.Winky Winky
I'm starting to do C and am looking for some help too learn it.
So if somebody knows a book or tut.. Happy Please help me Smile
Oh, i've searched the forum and haven't found anything on C and if this already is a post could you redirect me Smile
Thanks
Last edited by Outlasted Wolf ; 04-13-2011 at 12:47 PM.
04-15-2011, 06:04 PM #11
Josh_ox3
Treasure hunter
Originally posted by xNCK View Post
If you're not going to attempt C++, why the **** are you in the programming forums?

Your butthurt that you have 2 more REP Then me and you have been here longer and im just better then you.
04-15-2011, 08:43 PM #12
vSaBoTeuR x
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by Outlasted
Well thaks a lot Smile and I'll take a look at VB.NET later then!
Oh and btw, this is how far ive got in C, its for calculating the area of a circle where you input the radius:

#include<stdio.h>
#include<math.h>

int main()
{
int a;
float pi;
pi = M_PI;
printf("\t\vThe Area of The Circle\n");
printf("\n");
printf("\n");
printf ("This will also save as a file named Results");
printf ("\n");
printf("\tWhat is the Radius?\n");
scanf("%d",&a);
a = pi * (a*a);
printf("The answer is %d",a);
printf("\n");
FILE *f;
f = fopen("Results.txt","w");
fprintf(f,"Test 01: %d\n",a);
return 0;
}

Is it well written? I've got 2 questions two plz Smile how do you make it print the real value (with something point etc) and when it saves it as a text file, each time i restart the programm it rewrites, so how could i make it continue in the same file?

Lol, I was actually making a Python equivelant of that program! I'll release it when I get around with fixing py2exe.

You should really try Python yourself, it is simple, easy syntax yet so powerful and it will even help you with further development in C, Objective-C, C++ and Java!

That's a win-win situation!

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

Originally posted by ox3 View Post
Your butthurt that you have 2 more REP Then me and you have been here longer and im just better then you.

1. Learn English.
  2. Rep is for pussies.
  3. NextGenUpdate hates you. That's why you had ~53 flame posts in your thread for yet another stupid app by Josh_f4g3.
04-15-2011, 08:45 PM #13
Josh_ox3
Treasure hunter
Lol, I was actually making a Python equivelant of that program! I'll release it when I get around with fixing py2exe.

You should really try Python yourself, it is simple, easy syntax yet so powerful and it will even help you with further development in C, Objective-C, C++ and Java!

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

1. Learn English.
  2. Rep is for pussies.
  3. NextGenUpdate hates you. That's why you had ~53 flame posts in your thread for yet another stupid app by Josh_f4g3.

I think you are the one who needs to learn English, Josh_f4g3, is not my name.. spastice.

I have seen your Reputation and you have been groaned 9 times on one post, your the one who is hated on NGU.
04-15-2011, 08:48 PM #14
vSaBoTeuR x
< ^ > < ^ >
I think you are the one who needs to learn English, Josh_f4g3, is not my name.. spastice.

I have seen your Reputation and you have been groaned 9 times on one post, your the one who is hated on NGU.

• "Spastice" is a gramatically incorrect word.
  • "Reputation" isn't spelled with a capital "R," since it is not in the beginning in a sentence.
  • I didn't know "the one who is hated on NGU" is something I have.
  • Learn English.
04-15-2011, 08:51 PM #15
Josh_ox3
Treasure hunter

• "Spastice" is a gramatically incorrect word.
  • "Reputation" isn't spelled with a capital "R," since it is not in the beginning in a sentence.
  • I didn't know "the one who is hated on NGU" is something I have.
  • Learn English.

^^ There called spelling errors, and if you had a big enough brain you could work out what it was suppose to say.
04-15-2011, 08:52 PM #16
vSaBoTeuR x
< ^ > < ^ >
^^ There called spelling errors, and if you had a big enough brain you could work out what it was suppose to say.

^^ They're called spelling errors, and if you had a big enough brain, you could work out what it was supposed to say.

/facepalm + :megusta:
04-15-2011, 08:57 PM #17
Josh_ox3
Treasure hunter
^^ They're called spelling errors, and if you had a big enough brain, you could work out what it was supposed to say.

/facepalm + :megusta:

And you're disabled, and your supposed to be in a institution for mental people.
04-15-2011, 08:59 PM #18
vSaBoTeuR x
< ^ > < ^ >
And you're disabled, and your supposed to be in a institution for mental people.

And you're disabled, and you're supposed to be in a institution for mentally ill people.

This is fun!
04-15-2011, 09:26 PM #19
Outlasted Wolf
Do a barrel roll!

Hey thanks for the advice Smile I have come across Python today and it sounded good and useful! :P

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo