07-31-2011, 04:28 AM #1
Ritztro
I am a Game Developer
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Well I enjoy helping others understand certain aspects of things so I figure C++ would be a good topic. I know you can google most things but if you would like specialized answers to things then ask away. Example: "I want to know more about why classes (could insert something different here such as pointers, references, templates, function pointers, etc) are useful and how they are used"

Ask away,
Brent

PS: I can also try and help with OpenGL, SFML, SDL, and Game Development. I may also just be also to supply needed code or give you advice on how to do stuff.
Last edited by Ritztro ; 07-31-2011 at 05:13 AM.

The following 2 users say thank you to Ritztro for this useful post:

Docko412, kiwimoosical
08-03-2011, 02:09 AM #2
kiwimoosical
Bounty hunter
Take his advice, best advice that your gonna get in the programming section, most kids in here fail at life, listen to him, he knows more than you. lol

Teach me reflection of assemblies created in other compilers! Happy #sarcasm,i-can-already-do-dat-:P
08-03-2011, 03:40 AM #3
Ritztro
I am a Game Developer
Originally posted by kiwimoosical View Post
Take his advice, best advice that your gonna get in the programming section, most kids in here fail at life, listen to him, he knows more than you. lol

Teach me reflection of assemblies created in other compilers! Happy #sarcasm,i-can-already-do-dat-:P

Woah woah woah? Reflection of assemblies? Oh boy, that sounds a little deeper than C++. It sounds like you have been getting into how the compiler creates its assembly code. Happy
08-03-2011, 06:57 PM #4
kiwimoosical
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by TTTDutch View Post
Woah woah woah? Reflection of assemblies? Oh boy, that sounds a little deeper than C++. It sounds like you have been getting into how the compiler creates its assembly code. Happy

A wee bit, I wrote a slight disassembly program, doesn't give code, but it gives all the method names, info, interfaces/classes etc etc, working on full code reversing now.. This is hard.. :(
08-03-2011, 09:15 PM #5
schnzrs
Do a barrel roll!
I know this is kind of a noobish question, but what is the difference between structures and classes in C++? And how do I choose which one to use when I program?
08-03-2011, 09:37 PM #6
Ritztro
I am a Game Developer
Originally posted by kiwimoosical View Post
A wee bit, I wrote a slight disassembly program, doesn't give code, but it gives all the method names, info, interfaces/classes etc etc, working on full code reversing now.. This is hard.. :(

Ya that would take a lot of interpreting what the assembly code could mean.

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

Originally posted by schnzrs View Post
I know this is kind of a noobish question, but what is the difference between structures and classes in C++? And how do I choose which one to use when I program?

Ok well a structure is kinda a C style class I guess you could say. A struct in C++ is exactly the same as a class, except by default all of the members of a struct are public and you can inherit other classes with classes. I would recommend use whatever is needed. If you want data just in a group use a struct but if you want an actual object that has multiple components then use a class.
Last edited by Ritztro ; 08-03-2011 at 09:42 PM.

The following user thanked Ritztro for this useful post:

schnzrs

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo