11-03-2012, 06:01 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I got bored and decided I should improve my skills in C++. I was thinking of something easy to make, yet something to challenge my skills a little bit. I decided to make tic tac toe! It's pretty basic but handles all the fundamentals. Let me know what you think!

Download: You must login or register to view this content.

Download Source (cpp): You must login or register to view this content.

I left the source but I don't want any skids using it stare you can learn from it but don't steal it plz.
11-06-2012, 10:36 PM #11
Originally posted by Kartom View Post
great! but should it really be that long of code for tic tac toe? you didn't use some of the most vital parts of c++ to get more optimized code. such as classes and templates exceptions etc. but other than that it's pretty nice. want another game to make? try from scratch make a game which allows you to enter your players name and give them a health bar and give them a list of items to choose from when they choose it depending on what it is it could do negative damage or positive influence etc. then you can make a text rpg. that'd be sick. you got good potential. just need some more optimization.

tl;dr
codes to long(good job though)
use classes templates and other of c++ to make code smaller.
make a rpg with listed items and health

I've used classes before in C# and I'm trying to implement them in C++ but the syntax is a little off from C# to C++ on classes/structs. I'm also switching to pure win32. CLR is good, but I guess for being a better dev I should learn win32.
11-07-2012, 12:36 AM #12
Complete Speed
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by GAMER View Post
I've used classes before in C# and I'm trying to implement them in C++ but the syntax is a little off from C# to C++ on classes/structs. I'm also switching to pure win32. CLR is good, but I guess for being a better dev I should learn win32.

win32 is good for if you want to use it for windows the gcc is the more viable option to win32. or it's comparable. if you want to be a good c++ gui dev use code::blocks and learn that library and skip the whole learning of win32 because gcc can be run on both windows and linux boxes. as opposed to just running on windows.
11-07-2012, 02:12 AM #13
win32 is good for if you want to use it for windows the gcc is the more viable option to win32. or it's comparable. if you want to be a good c++ gui dev use code::blocks and learn that library and skip the whole learning of win32 because gcc can be run on both windows and linux boxes. as opposed to just running on windows.

Do you have a link to the compiler? Smile
11-07-2012, 05:10 AM #14
Complete Speed
Do a barrel roll!
Do you have a link to the compiler? Smile

You must login or register to view this content.

best c++ compiler. but to do actual gui programming you have to add libraries such as opengl etc. but you can do all kinds of stuff. as well they have qt creator which is the compiler you would want to use but the libraries are a little bit more difficult to get used to as they use a lot of qt stuff but it ultimately might be easier to switch over from visual c++

here's a link to that.
11-07-2012, 06:19 AM #15

best c++ compiler. but to do actual gui programming you have to add libraries such as opengl etc. but you can do all kinds of stuff. as well they have qt creator which is the compiler you would want to use but the libraries are a little bit more difficult to get used to as they use a lot of qt stuff but it ultimately might be easier to switch over from visual c++

here's a link to that.

Sweet thanks man!

Do you have a skype or msn? Also I started openGL (still getting used too) and I made a few triangles and such but I don't see how one would really implement it. Maybe you could help a little? Happy
11-07-2012, 08:14 PM #16
Complete Speed
Do a barrel roll!
Sweet thanks man!

Do you have a skype or msn? Also I started openGL (still getting used too) and I made a few triangles and such but I don't see how one would really implement it. Maybe you could help a little? Happy

openGL is good for game design. you should realy look into the qt creator it's best for making programs. lol i was mixed up earlier. no i dont' have a skype or msn. lol aim? old school.
11-08-2012, 07:52 AM #17
openGL is good for game design. you should realy look into the qt creator it's best for making programs. lol i was mixed up earlier. no i dont' have a skype or msn. lol aim? old school.

lol aim... I never got into that. My oldschool is msn :p

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo