03-02-2013, 03:49 PM #1
|C++|
< ^ > < ^ >
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); My parents have been encouraging me to apply to a C++ cource at bmcc (brooklyn....community college). The cource is 250$ and its about a month. My only worry is that id me taking ths class for no reason. Here is the cource outline

Originally posted by another user
In this class you will learn:

Decision statements
Functions
Loops and data types
Program structures
Arrays
C++ programming syntax
The essential elements of an object-oriented program
The differences between C and C++
The pros and cons of C++
C++ programming terminology
How to write programs to read user input data
Classes, templates and inheritance
And much more!!

I feel that i know all of this, i dont mean to sound cocky but the most this class can do for me is prob reignite some dim flames in the back of my head.
Do i even get credits or a degree for this?

Then again i do know what its like to be in a class room in opposed to reading a c++ book, and there are just some experiences that you might not get on your own than in a classroom.

The main benefit might be another thing to put on your resume(i took a c++ cource at 15 yr old)

The funny thing is im only 15 so i probally wont evn be allowed to take this cource. But im making this just in case

The following user groaned |C++| for this awful post:

Cmd-X
03-11-2013, 09:26 PM #11
Cmd-X
It's been awhile.
Originally posted by jimmymc12 View Post
yeah i know that much but they way that sounds in your last quote sounds like your angry

Yeah it does a little, it's hard to judge moods through text :p
03-11-2013, 09:27 PM #12
jimmymc12
Who’s Jim Erased?
Originally posted by X View Post
Yeah it does a little, it's hard to judge moods through text :p

especially with women Not Happy or Sad
03-18-2013, 04:38 AM #13
Izl
Do a barrel roll!
It's probably VERY basic. My uni's first programming course is so basic that CompSci majors don't even have to take it.
03-31-2013, 02:17 AM #14
ADAM594
[B] Bazookin' [/B]
It is always good to take a course. The Instructor will teach how to think like a good programmer and will help make your code more efficient. You'll be taught how the language works and what the code actually does, knowing this is essential for debugging. Even if you know take and it'll look good on your transcript plus, you won't have to take it in college.ß\

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo