04-03-2015, 03:43 AM #1
IRAQ
WHY so SERIOUS ?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); i would really appreciate it if someone can help me out here

so i turned my ps4 on a few days ago and the screen was black, the same hdmi cable works perfectly on my laptop however it does not on my ps4 so i tried a different hdmi cable and same result, works fine on laptop but not ps4. tried putting ps4 into safe mode to reset resolution and it works only in safe mode, i could see the options so i pressed on reset resolution. it worked on 480p so i went and tried to change it to 1080p and i get a black screen again. after a few tries even 480p doesn't work anymore. tried reseting tv setting to factory but still nothing.

any ideas on whats going on? is it the hdmi port on my ps4? what can i do to fix it?
04-14-2015, 10:38 PM #11
ATypicalSe7en
Maggbot timeout!
Originally posted by IRAQ View Post
thank you for that Smile after trying everything i finally found out that the problem is the hdmi port on the ps4. one of the golden strips was bent to the back and was not touching the cable. i managed to pull it up using a knife and it all worked however im not risking taking the hdmi cable out incase it happens again. i guess the reason is i change the hdmi cable from ps4 to laptop alot since my laptop screen is broken which might of pushed one of the golden stips back. only solution is to buy another hdmi cable for the laptop.

Ah I know what you mean as my PS3 output plug is a bit loose as well( works fine though) because I kept taking it on and off switching between my consoles but if you're still in warranty on your PS4 they might be able to fix that for you at no cost.
My advice is that if your Tv is out of HDMI input slots then buy a HDMI switch and another HDMI cable so that you don't have to constantly remove and switch your cable around

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo