04-06-2015, 03:11 PM #1
fraggz99_
Save Point
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); My controller won't charge or turn on at all, after trying the battery in a PS3 controller as they are the same socket, the battery didn't work in the PS3 controller. I also tried the PS3 battery in the PS4 controller and that didn't work, can anyone help me with my problem as I don't want to have to spend £40 on a controller
04-12-2015, 10:53 AM #2
Originally posted by fraggz99
My controller won't charge or turn on at all, after trying the battery in a PS3 controller as they are the same socket, the battery didn't work in the PS3 controller. I also tried the PS3 battery in the PS4 controller and that didn't work, can anyone help me with my problem as I don't want to have to spend £40 on a controller

Have you got two charging cables?

First off take the battery from the PS4 controller and plug it in to your PS3 one. Usb the PS3 cable to charge it, if it blinks and charges you know the PS4 battery is fine and the controller is dead.

If the PS3 battery is fully charged and not working in your PS4 controller make sure there are no frayed wires. Then whilst the working PS3 battery is plugged in to your PS4 controller look on the under side of the controller. There should be a small hole - this is your reset button push in a small screw driver or any think that fits and hold it for around 10 seconds. Once you take it out PLUG IN the controller using the micro usb cable for PS4 and press the PS button.

If none of this works your controller is most likely busted. Try ringing up playstation support or sony and explain - They are very good with the PS4 controllers and usually send you out a new one - Especially if you say the thumb sticks are also wearing away horribly! Winky Winky

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo