10-20-2015, 07:11 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I'm thinking of buying another ps4, my local bestbuy is offering 100 dollars off one of their ps4 packages. I plan to leave it unopened in my room until a firmware mod such as a jailbreak is released for it. Is this wise? Or is the possibility of a firmware mod a long shot and any mods on the ps4 will be strictly hardware in which case it'd be pointless to buy a backup ps4?
10-23-2015, 02:42 AM #2
PSNServices
Are you high?
Good Idea M8
10-23-2015, 05:29 AM #3
Default Avatar
Roar
Originally posted by StarvingGandhi View Post
I'm thinking of buying another ps4, my local bestbuy is offering 100 dollars off one of their ps4 packages. I plan to leave it unopened in my room until a firmware mod such as a jailbreak is released for it. Is this wise? Or is the possibility of a firmware mod a long shot and any mods on the ps4 will be strictly hardware in which case it'd be pointless to buy a backup ps4?

Thread move to Questions and Support.
10-23-2015, 09:51 AM #4
Helping-Hand
Cake is a lie
I'm thinking of buying another ps4, my local bestbuy is offering 100 dollars off one of their ps4 packages. I plan to leave it unopened in my room until a firmware mod such as a jailbreak is released for it. Is this wise? Or is the possibility of a firmware mod a long shot and any mods on the ps4 will be strictly hardware in which case it'd be pointless to buy a backup ps4?

Highly not suggested at all... the PS4 is unlikely to be Jailbroken as Sony won't make that mistake again... it's possible, don't get me wrong but it's unlikely... also I doubt if the PS4 were to be jailbroken again it will be a software exploit rather a hardware exploit like the Xbox 360... I don't suggest this at all... your PS4 will stay in your room for years :p (If a Jailbreak should happen) also anybody that tries to release it will be in a very big law suit with Sony...
10-23-2015, 10:15 PM #5
Alt
Banned

You'll be waiting years thats if a jailbreak will be out.
Also exploits are looking at very low firmware versions (from when the PS4 came out). So I'd say no its not worth it at all now since there has been many PS4 updates.

The following 2 users say thank you to Alt for this useful post:

Helping-Hand, Nick
10-24-2015, 06:08 AM #6
Default Avatar
Roar

If you have the money go for it! I did this for ps3 and it was a good idea cause it didn't take long for my phatty to bite the dust.
10-24-2015, 09:39 AM #7
Helping-Hand
Cake is a lie
Originally posted by LADY View Post
If you have the money go for it! I did this for ps3 and it was a good idea cause it didn't take long for my phatty to bite the dust.

You must login or register to view this content.

Found this on the internet :p
10-24-2015, 09:42 AM #8
Default Avatar
Roar
Originally posted by Hand View Post
You must login or register to view this content.

Found this on the internet :p

Ew that's groce.

The following 2 users say thank you to Roar for this useful post:

Helping-Hand, Nick
10-25-2015, 09:21 AM #9
Tears
Temp is my dad.

I wouldnt rush it to be honest. Doesnt seem like an actual mjailbreak for the PS4 will be coming out any time soon. I mean if you come across the money to spare then I;d say go for it but you will have it sitting there for a while True story
10-25-2015, 09:23 AM #10
Tears
Temp is my dad.
Originally posted by Hand View Post
Highly not suggested at all... the PS4 is unlikely to be Jailbroken as Sony won't make that mistake again... it's possible, don't get me wrong but it's unlikely... also I doubt if the PS4 were to be jailbroken again it will be a software exploit rather a hardware exploit like the Xbox 360... I don't suggest this at all... your PS4 will stay in your room for years :p (If a Jailbreak should happen) also anybody that tries to release it will be in a very big law suit with Sony...

You never know man :P theres some smart people out there that do infact waste their time on trying to jailbreak the PS4. Sonys Terms of Service probably states that you can use the console for 'Fair Use' but its Sony so you never know :p

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo