05-13-2016, 09:57 AM #1
shawncarnage
Little One
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Has anyone tried anything to get the internet working?

Hardware wise I would buy an Ethernet adapter and see if I can get linux to run the 3rd party adapter.

has anyone tried to get it running to make the console worth more than a brick? Ie Internet, install netflix on linux, and port some older games, plus having a desktop thats works would be nice.

Just something to make them useful would be nice. Without internet our wgets are wgone.

Anything you guys have tried would be nice to know. Pm me and I can update or post what you know .

Also. #helloworld #PS4SCENE
05-14-2016, 07:50 AM #11
shawncarnage
Little One
of course I mean the linux version of netflix
05-14-2016, 10:49 AM #12
Mxntas
Haxor!
Originally posted by EyeX32 View Post
You can't run linux on a higher fw than 1.76

Yeah but the Q is about Linux not being able to go online (on 1.76) and I'm asking why can't it ? You are supposed to be on running Linux not 1.76 .....
05-14-2016, 04:59 PM #13
Originally posted by Mxntas View Post
Yeah but the Q is about Linux not being able to go online (on 1.76) and I'm asking why can't it ? You are supposed to be on running Linux not 1.76 .....

Probably the modules from Linux hasnt been ported to the PS4 yet.
fail0verflow mentioned this.
05-14-2016, 06:54 PM #14
SC58
Former Staff
Originally posted by Mxntas View Post

its not even a full version of linux, its basic of all basic meaning there is alot of stuff missing or not working yet, i wouldn't even bother with linux on ps4 unless u know how to tweak stuff in the source to do thing else its pointless right now
05-14-2016, 08:01 PM #15
Originally posted by SC58 View Post
its not even a full version of linux, its basic of all basic meaning there is alot of stuff missing or not working yet, i wouldn't even bother with linux on ps4 unless u know how to tweak stuff in the source to do thing else its pointless right now

Linux is literally pointless lol, runs on a different kernel so changes in Linux would not happen to PS4.
05-14-2016, 08:33 PM #16
shawncarnage
Little One
Yeah but you can access the ps4 kernal while in linux right? and what about the ubuntu port? its also limited with functionality?
05-18-2016, 08:08 AM #17
shawncarnage
Little One
The kernel doesn't run inside the sandbox?
05-18-2016, 12:11 PM #18
Originally posted by EyeX32 View Post
Linux is literally pointless lol, runs on a different kernel so changes in Linux would not happen to PS4.

your poo you brought a ps4 1.76 console "your in that dev chat no thanks to me" and you still not hacked the ps4 ask senaxx to release his sdk :-p
05-18-2016, 12:12 PM #19
Originally posted by SC58 View Post

Your gay

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo