05-13-2016, 09:57 AM #1
shawncarnage
Little One
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Has anyone tried anything to get the internet working?

Hardware wise I would buy an Ethernet adapter and see if I can get linux to run the 3rd party adapter.

has anyone tried to get it running to make the console worth more than a brick? Ie Internet, install netflix on linux, and port some older games, plus having a desktop thats works would be nice.

Just something to make them useful would be nice. Without internet our wgets are wgone.

Anything you guys have tried would be nice to know. Pm me and I can update or post what you know .

Also. #helloworld #PS4SCENE
05-13-2016, 12:18 PM #2
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Originally posted by shawncarnage View Post
Has anyone tried anything to get the internet working?

Hardware wise I would buy an Ethernet adapter and see if I can get linux to run the 3rd party adapter.

has anyone tried to get it running to make the console worth more than a brick? Ie Internet, install netflix on linux, and port some older games, plus having a desktop thats works would be nice.

Just something to make them useful would be nice. Without internet our wgets are wgone.

Anything you guys have tried would be nice to know. Pm me and I can update or post what you know .

Running internet on a low firmware takes time man. It wont be here for a while. All we can do is wait patiently.
05-13-2016, 04:11 PM #3
Originally posted by Hydrogen View Post
Running internet on a low firmware takes time man. It wont be here for a while. All we can do is wait patiently.

What? I'm not sure what you mean by "running internet on low firmware takes time" but that has nothing to do with getting internet on linux for ps4.

Originally posted by shawncarnage View Post
Has anyone tried anything to get the internet working?

I'm pretty sure you can connect an ethernet cable straight to your router/modem because as far as I know it will just straight up connect to the internet, if thats not an option you could try a ethernet to wifi adapter but thats likely to not work.
Last edited by MistyVermin ; 05-13-2016 at 04:14 PM.
05-13-2016, 04:30 PM #4
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Originally posted by MistyVermin View Post
What? I'm not sure what you mean by "running internet on low firmware takes time" but that has nothing to do with getting internet on linux for ps4.

I'm pretty sure you can connect an ethernet cable straight to your router/modem because as far as I know it will just straight up connect to the internet, if thats not an option you could try a ethernet to wifi adapter but thats likely to not work.

That's what I mean, either way ginding a way to run internet on a Linux from the PS4 would be a bit difficult unless someone finds a good entry or finds a good way to actually run it through. It's you brought it up, but like I said. It will take a while.
05-13-2016, 06:08 PM #5
That's what I mean, either way ginding a way to run internet on a Linux from the PS4 would be a bit difficult unless someone finds a good entry or finds a good way to actually run it through. It's you brought it up, but like I said. It will take a while.

Well thats the thing, you can already connect to the internet on ps4 linux through ethernet.
05-13-2016, 08:08 PM #6
Mxntas
Haxor!
Maybe a noob question but why is this a problem ? You are supposed to be running Linux right .. So why would 1.76 have anything to do with this
05-13-2016, 09:04 PM #7
Originally posted by Mxntas View Post
Maybe a noob question but why is this a problem ? You are supposed to be running Linux right .. So why would 1.76 have anything to do with this

You can't run linux on a higher fw than 1.76
Last edited by Toxic ; 05-14-2016 at 05:49 AM.
05-13-2016, 09:20 PM #8
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Originally posted by MistyVermin View Post
Well thats the thing, you can already connect to the internet on ps4 linux through ethernet.

Try sending me a Friend Request then Happy Cool Troll Smile
05-14-2016, 01:09 AM #9
Try sending me a Friend Request then Happy Cool Troll Smile

Connecting to the internet does not require you to sign into psn. Lol not sure if you understand what the thread is about.
Last edited by MistyVermin ; 05-14-2016 at 02:08 AM.
05-14-2016, 07:46 AM #10
shawncarnage
Little One
Oh so the internet does work? so we can run wget and netflix?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo