06-29-2017, 04:59 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Since I got my ps4 about a month ago I haven't heard one person talk while in a session. The only time I can hear people is while waiting for a job to start, I hear them crystal clear but as soon as I launch the job I hear nothing.

And yes I have my chat set to everyone.
06-29-2017, 11:08 PM #2
Are you listening from your headset or TV?

First, you would be surprised by how many people do this when moving to headsets with inline or on headset chat/game mixers.

HEADSET SOLOUTION
You should have a scroll wheel that says Chat and one that says game on the bottom of your headset on the right earcup. Turn the game one all the way down and the chat one all the way up and see if you can hear their voices. Many people forget to use the controls there.

If that doesn't work. follow these steps again and get back with me

1. Plug the Removable Mic Boom into the jack on the left earcup of the Headset.
2. Connect the square optical plug of the Digital Optical Cable to the Digital Out (Optical) port of the PS4™console.
3. Insert the small plug of the Digital Optical Cable into the Digital Optical Input on the side of the WirelessTransmitter.
4. Insert the Wireless Transmitter into a USB port on the PS4 console.
5. In the PS4 menu, go to Settings > Sound and Screen > Audio Output Settings > Primary OutputPort > Digital Out (OPTICAL).
6. In the check-off boxes, select ONLY Linear PCM44.1 kHz and Linear PCM 48 kHz.
7. Go to Settings >> Sound and Screen >>Audio Output Settings >> Audio Format (Priority)
8. Select Linear PCM
9. Go to Settings >> Devices >> Audio Devices
10. Select USB Headset(Turtle Beach Stealth 400 Chat)for Input & Output Device
11. Set Output to Headphones to Chat Audio
12. Set Volume Control (Headphones) level to maximum

Let me know what happens, also on the note of the audio coming from both, i THINK that is something to do with using optical, as your TV/Monitor is still receiving an audio signal VIA HDMI, but your audio is being duplicated and broadcasted through Optical from the console. I think i remember having this issue when setting up my Astro A40s on the PS4. i just turned down my monitor volume XD. You could use some of these solutions if you have a TV - not sure though.
07-01-2017, 01:06 AM #3
Originally posted by SunnyyDD View Post
Are you listening from your headset or TV?

First, you would be surprised by how many people do this when moving to headsets with inline or on headset chat/game mixers.

HEADSET SOLOUTION
You should have a scroll wheel that says Chat and one that says game on the bottom of your headset on the right earcup. Turn the game one all the way down and the chat one all the way up and see if you can hear their voices. Many people forget to use the controls there.

If that doesn't work. follow these steps again and get back with me

1. Plug the Removable Mic Boom into the jack on the left earcup of the Headset.
2. Connect the square optical plug of the Digital Optical Cable to the Digital Out (Optical) port of the PS4™console.
3. Insert the small plug of the Digital Optical Cable into the Digital Optical Input on the side of the WirelessTransmitter.
4. Insert the Wireless Transmitter into a USB port on the PS4 console.
5. In the PS4 menu, go to Settings > Sound and Screen > Audio Output Settings > Primary OutputPort > Digital Out (OPTICAL).
6. In the check-off boxes, select ONLY Linear PCM44.1 kHz and Linear PCM 48 kHz.
7. Go to Settings >> Sound and Screen >>Audio Output Settings >> Audio Format (Priority)
8. Select Linear PCM
9. Go to Settings >> Devices >> Audio Devices
10. Select USB Headset(Turtle Beach Stealth 400 Chat)for Input & Output Device
11. Set Output to Headphones to Chat Audio
12. Set Volume Control (Headphones) level to maximum

Let me know what happens, also on the note of the audio coming from both, i THINK that is something to do with using optical, as your TV/Monitor is still receiving an audio signal VIA HDMI, but your audio is being duplicated and broadcasted through Optical from the console. I think i remember having this issue when setting up my Astro A40s on the PS4. i just turned down my monitor volume XD. You could use some of these solutions if you have a TV - not sure though.

I'm using a monitor, sound is going to a bluetooth sound bar via aux cord.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo