03-06-2011, 07:30 PM #1
txlonghorn97
Master Prestige, Shotgun zombies. Life complete
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); It is the alienware M11x

You must login or register to view this content.

i dont know much about computers so
Please answer these ?s

1) How well will it run cod 4, What Will my Fps be???
2)How will the quility be
3) is it worth my 634 bucks???

thanks
03-06-2011, 09:31 PM #11
Alienwere is an overpriced gaming laptop.....Asus is the gaming laptops you should look in

I got a Asus G71Gx...run any game NO PROBLEM
Dual Core @ 2.88 might go Quad soon
6gb ddr3
GTX260 M 1gb ddr3 might go GTX460 soon
and it has a 17" display to get a better gaming experience
I paid $800 for mine on New Egg. Best thing I did..I can game anywhere Smile
03-06-2011, 09:40 PM #12
Booshykins
Tech Enthusiast
Originally posted by xXNiSsAn
Alienwere is an overpriced gaming laptop.....Asus is the gaming laptops you should look in

I got a Asus G71Gx...run any game NO PROBLEM
Dual Core @ 2.88 might go Quad soon
6gb ddr3
GTX260 M 1gb ddr3 might go GTX460 soon
and it has a 17" display to get a better gaming experience
I paid $800 for mine on New Egg. Best thing I did..I can game anywhere Smile

Whoa, you're going to spend almost $400 dollars on a 2GHz quad-core? Man, you're crazy. Happy

I'm telling you, you've got guts to even try upgrading a laptop. Props for that. xD

I can understand RAM, but upgrading the processor is a pain in the ass.

Also, I'm pretty sure it's virtually impossible to upgrade the graphics card on a laptop. :( And I dunno if the GTX460 is even for laptops. A GPU in a laptop is THE GPU in the laptop.

EDIT: Just looked at the mobile version, looks pretty decent, but I don't think it's worth sending the laptop back to the company to maybe get it upgraded.
Last edited by Booshykins ; 03-06-2011 at 09:45 PM.
03-06-2011, 09:47 PM #13
Originally posted by Anarchotron View Post
Whoa, you're going to spend almost $400 dollars on a 2GHz quad-core? Man, you're crazy. Happy

Wrong I can find a Q9000 for cheaper and still OC Smile

EDIT: Ive taken my laptop apart before and you can change out the processor and graphics card...ive seen it done before

And Nvidia does have the GTX 400 series for laptops even the GT 500 series are for laptops
03-06-2011, 09:51 PM #14
Booshykins
Tech Enthusiast
Wrong I can find a Q9000 for cheaper and still OC Smile

The Q9000 is around $350, cheapest that I kind find.

And to try OCing a laptop is pretty much pointless, since the BIOS is more than 99.8% of the time locked, and the laptop is already being pushed to its last stable limit. GPUs, on the other hand, are very overclockable on laptops. More technical than a desktop, perhaps, but possible.

As for the GPU, just make sure you do it right. xD The Internet is filled with horror stories where that's the basis... Sad Awesome

You should post a video on YouTube of you taking apart your laptop and replacing the GPU, you'd be every PC enthusiast's hero.
Last edited by Booshykins ; 03-06-2011 at 09:53 PM.
03-06-2011, 09:54 PM #15
The Q9000 is around $350, cheapest that I kind find.

And to try OCing a laptop is pretty much pointless, since the BIOS is more than 99.8% of the time locked, and the laptop is already being pushed to its last stable limit. GPUs, on the other hand, are very overclockable on laptops. More technical than a desktop, perhaps, but possible.

Mine comes with a OC program for the CPU...it dont do much but it gives it a slight boost for more detailed games.
Now the GPU I dont need to OC...its beastly enough to run without problems and my laptop runs stable 24/7
Just have to clean the fans heat sink of dust

Well if I do decided to up my laptop I will make a video for the CPU and GPU cause it tough getting down to the motherboard
Last edited by nAb_PwNeR ; 03-06-2011 at 09:58 PM.
03-06-2011, 09:58 PM #16
Booshykins
Tech Enthusiast
Mine comes with a OC program for the CPU...it dont do much but it gives it a slight boost for more detailed games.
Now the GPU I dont need to OC...its beastly enough to run without problems and my laptop runs stable 24/7
Just have to clean the fans heat sink of dust

Well if I do decided to up my laptop I will make a video for the CPU and GPU cause it tough getting down the the motherboard

Reading into it, I see you're one of the lucky few to have picked up a quite upgradeable laptop.

Couldn't hurt to OC the GPU. After all, you don't want it to bottleneck the CPU, or vise-versa. It would help boost graphical performance in games more-so than the CPU, but that's just my suggestion.

In all, I still have to say I prefer desktops. Packs more of a punch for the price.
03-06-2011, 10:02 PM #17
Reading into it, I see you're one of the lucky few to have picked up a quite upgradeable laptop.

Couldn't hurt to OC the GPU. After all, you don't want it to bottleneck the CPU, or vise-versa. It would help boost graphical performance in games more-so than the CPU, but that's just my suggestion.

In all, I still have to say I prefer desktops. Packs more of a punch for the price.

Yeah I looked into Asus alot with their laptops and noticed that they have a laptop you CAN upgrade if you do it right without sending it off.

Thats why I dont regret buying it cause I can do so much with it like you can with a desktop.

But yes I know a desktop can take much more but im not trying to have the best out there, I just like something that is mobile but can run anything you throw at it without problems.

The following user thanked nAb_PwNeR for this useful post:

Booshykins
03-06-2011, 11:03 PM #18
Meatwad
Meatman
Let me simply answer this for you, it will run CoD 4, well enough to play.
But is it worth the $600? No, yes they are over priced and overrated but don't listen to these retards, they are great computers/laptops, I myself own a M15X, why? Because I wanted to.
03-07-2011, 01:00 AM #19
Yeah it will run Cod 4 but its to expensive and to be honest not worth fooling with.

But thats my opinion
Last edited by nAb_PwNeR ; 03-07-2011 at 01:02 AM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo