03-06-2011, 07:30 PM #1
txlonghorn97
Master Prestige, Shotgun zombies. Life complete
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); It is the alienware M11x

You must login or register to view this content.

i dont know much about computers so
Please answer these ?s

1) How well will it run cod 4, What Will my Fps be???
2)How will the quility be
3) is it worth my 634 bucks???

thanks
03-06-2011, 07:37 PM #2
Booshykins
Tech Enthusiast
No laptop is a good gaming laptop. Alienwares are overpriced to begin with, especially their laptops. Whoever told you Alienwares were great is extremely simplistic with what they look for in a computer.

Get a desktop if you want to be a PC gamer. Sure, you can't take it everywhere, but why pay more and sacrifice performance for convenience (convenience that, in the long run, doesn't make much of a difference)? The only reason I'd ever buy a laptop is for day to day media.

You could get a way better desktop for the same price. 1.3GHz, even dual-core, is a joke. I have a 3.5GHz quad-core, and my computer was only about $500. It's about 700, now, but I upgraded a bunch of things, and it could kick this laptop out of the dirt for a cheaper price.

I'd rather have a Mac before an Alienware. The Alienware OS is cool, that's pretty much it.

EDIT: Nothing against Macs, btw, they're great computers, too. xD
Last edited by Booshykins ; 03-06-2011 at 07:39 PM.
03-06-2011, 07:40 PM #3
elliot
Samurai Poster
I mean yeah the price is worth it i highly dout youll become a crazy computer gamer but yeah the M11x is a great gaming laptop also its portable due to its size if i was you id go for it.
03-06-2011, 07:40 PM #4
txlonghorn97
Originally posted by Anarchotron View Post
No laptop is a good gaming laptop. Alienwares are overpriced to begin with, especially their laptops.

Get a desktop if you want to be a PC gamer. Sure, you can't take it everywhere, but why pay more and sacrifice performance for convenience (convenience that, in the long run, doesn't make much of a difference)? The only reason I'd ever buy a laptop is for day to day media.

You could get a way better desktop for the same price. 1.3GHz, even dual-core, is a joke. I have a 3.5GHz quad-core, and my computer was only about $500. It's about 700, now, but I upgraded a bunch of things, and it could kick this laptop out of the dirt for a cheaper price.

i know that they are better but i only have 2 phone lines in my house one for the router and one for the phone... so im stuck with a laptop, just tell me if it would work
03-06-2011, 07:43 PM #5
Booshykins
Tech Enthusiast
Originally posted by txlonghorn97 View Post
i know that they are better but i only have 2 phone lines in my house one for the router and one for the phone... so im stuck with a laptop, just tell me if it would work

Yes, but not that well. The graphics card could handle it, the processor would probably bottleneck the graphics.

EDIT: Wait. Never mind. of course your router is wireless, you're getting a laptop.

But... there are wireless Internet Cards and USB adapters that let you connect to the Internet wireless-ly with a desktop.
Last edited by Booshykins ; 03-06-2011 at 07:45 PM.
03-06-2011, 07:47 PM #6
txlonghorn97
Yes, but not that well. The graphics card could handle it, the processor would probably bottleneck the graphics.

EDIT: Wait. Never mind. of course your router is wireless, you're getting a laptop.

But... there are wireless Internet Cards and USB adapters that let you connect to the Internet wireless-ly with a desktop.

i would gladly ask my dad to help me run another line to my room though... what kind of computer do you have

you said they cost about 700. well whats another 60 bucks im getting a computer im getting a nice one that wont suck
03-06-2011, 07:49 PM #7
Booshykins
Tech Enthusiast
i would gladly ask my dad to help me run another line to my room though... what kind of computer do you have

you said they cost about 700. well whats another 60 bucks im getting a computer im getting a nice one that wont suck

I have a custom, and it's specs are in my signature. The graphics card isn't the greatest, but it's still good enough to run CoD4.

It'll cost around 600 instead, if you just buy the builder's version (OEM) of Windows 7. I suggest 64-bit.

Anyways, I gotta go. want to reinstall Windows. xD

The following user thanked Booshykins for this useful post:

txlonghorn97
03-06-2011, 07:51 PM #8
txlonghorn97
I have a custom, and it's specs are in my signature. The graphics card isn't the greatest, but it's still good enough to run CoD4.

It'll cost around 600 instead, if you just buy the builder's version (OEM) of Windows 7. I suggest 64-bit.

sounds pretty nice, i was gonna get the 1200$ one but my parents dont think i should waste so much and also did what site you get yours from? i would love to check it out.
Last edited by txlonghorn97 ; 03-06-2011 at 07:54 PM.
03-06-2011, 07:53 PM #9
Alt
Banned
Alienware = Over rated & over priced.
03-06-2011, 09:12 PM #10
Booshykins
Tech Enthusiast
sounds pretty nice, i was gonna get the 1200$ one but my parents dont think i should waste so much and also did what site you get yours from? i would love to check it out.

Newegg.com. I got all my parts individually. xD

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo